Sign in to follow this  
Darkblane

Winter Village: Swing Boats

Winter Village Swing Boats

I'm not sure how well known swing boats are around the world, but in the UK, they are a common sight at a fairs, village fetes and Christmas markets. A swing boat is basically an oversized swing seating a pair of riders who pull on a rope causing the boat they are sat in to swing back and forth.

11493234185_2aa157d518_c.jpg

11493339613_cb942d668c_c.jpg

11493331483_0e029388b4_c.jpg

"Hey Dad, can we go on the swing boats?"

11493331456_b325fc3356_c.jpg

"Sure son"

11493276784_f38256a7bc_c.jpg

"Wheeeeee!"

Each boat swings freely (without the minifigs falling out) as demonstrated by this animated GIF.

More photos can be found on the full set on Flickr: Winter Village Swing Boats.

AWESOME entry 'Darkblane', I really like the swing set design......though a 100 bucks is a bit steep for a ride ? :laugh:

Good luck and Brick On 'Darkblane' ! :grin:

though a 100 bucks is a bit steep for a ride ? :laugh:

Yeah, LEGO really need to make some other denominations, like a $1 bill, as everything seems to cost $100 in the LEGO universe :classic:

Alternatively, they could at least produce some coins that minifig hands can reliably hold...

Edited by Darkblane

This is a fantastic entry and very original! I'm not familiar with these rides but they look like an awful amount of fun! But you have nailed the carnival/market feel in your MOC... Well done!

Good luck and happy building :laugh:

I spotted this in the LEGO flickr group first, so I had to rush over to let you know I love it.

It is another cheerful addition to the contest. Don't let them swing too high or your entry might get disqualified :wink:.

Good luck in the contest.

P.S. regarding the 100 currency bills discussion that keeps popping up: Seeing that LEGO is Danish, maybe they are Danish Kroner (DKK)? In which case 100 DKK is about 13 euro's or 18 US dollars. It still seems kind of steep but not as bad as 100 US dollars :classic:.

This is a really cool entry...the detail in the build really captures the scene brilliantly. Great work and good luck in the contest!

There are certain entries you look at and just say..."Oooh...he's going to win!" I don't quite know if that's you, but I'm betting you get more than a few votes. Your use of the T-shaped handles as a base for the poles was extremely clever, and I hope Lego incorporates it in the future.

A really great entry. I liked the idea from the first sight. You have good details on the swing boats, and a good combinations of colours.