dr_spock

[MOCPages Find] Randolph Rosenbacher's HMS Victory

Wow, this is an impressive find. The red gunports are a little distracting (no Nelson cheque!) but the detail on the decks more than makes up for it! The bow especially is quite interesting.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the sheer size is the most appealing thing about this ship. To me it looks very clunky, with not much of a curve on the hull. It's really nice, but it's lacking in some areas. Anyone else with me, or am I just losing my mind here? default_huh.gif

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the sheer size is the most appealing thing about this ship. To me it looks very clunky, with not much of a curve on the hull. It's really nice, but it's lacking in some areas. Anyone else with me, or am I just losing my mind here? default_huh.gif

I just feel the same, everything seems massive, but too bulky or linear, beggining with the gun decks line.

Edited by Yawgmoth

Locally I see some very nice bits about this ship but as a whole I have several remarks.

A ship of this proportions definitely calls for a costum hull, he seemed to have merged two prefab hulls together pirate_sceptic.gif

Either way, the ship lacks a proper curve, that makes it look static and bulky. It's still an impressive piece though.

Huge!

A different slope technique from mine ... I like the bow, that you can see on the MOC pages.

And the ship is manned!

I often put mor emphasis on the ship itself and leave it to my sons to man and play with the vessel. So this is ready to use, good!

I wonder: What will be the weight of this model?