it's scary how similar it is to Lego Boost (nearly 2 decades apart)

Sure... the actual tech has changed a bit...  but it's still:

• Controlling Computer/Tablet
  • Wireless Link-up to SmartBrick-with-two-builtin-motors
  • Able to take other inputs/outputs (sensor/motor)
  • Runs code on PC, that directly controls the unit

If anything - Cybermaster had one trick, that Boost can't do - download a program, and run it independantly! 

It really is a shame that the software/tower is so limited to ancient hardware..  No reason why it couldn't still be used today with a USB-Serial adapter

I managed to pick up an RCX Scout brick a little while ago - hoping to have time soon to sit down and see what I can do with it!

14 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Nice to meet a fan! I am one of the original designers of this set (together with Uwe Wabra), so it is great to hear for me that this set still has an appeal even 18 years later.

Wow! Cool! I really like the overall style of the main tank/vehicle with the treads :)

22 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Nice to meet a fan! I am one of the original designers of this set (together with Uwe Wabra), so it is great to hear for me that this set still has an appeal even 18 years later.

Oops, I reacted a bit too soon, I thought this was about 8457 (the expansion set for Cybermaster). The cybermaster set was already designed when we got the assignment to design a set next to it in the same colourscheme and with a certain assortment of elements (which by the way mostly ended up in the cockpit attachments). I actually don't know who designed the cybermasterset (I wasn't even sure at the time whether it was designed by the LEGO Technic team or by somebody else).

1 hour ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Oops, I reacted a bit too soon, I thought this was about 8457 (the expansion set for Cybermaster).

8457 is the Power Puller, Jeroen! :laugh: I think you mean 8450 - The Mission.

16 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

8457 is the Power Puller, Jeroen! :laugh: I think you mean 8450 - The Mission.

This just gets worse and worse doesn't it :blush::blush:

Hi,

I just recently bought this set and wanted to try it out, but just realised that my cd is German. I've tried searching for a disk image in English but found nothing. Could anybody point me to the right direction of finding an English version image somewhere?

I'd really appreciate it.

The funny thing is: I bought an English copy of the Mission CD, and also while searching for the 8482 CD image, I found an English image to 8450, but not for 8482:(

Thank you for your help!