Sign in to follow this  
mrcp6d

Clowns & Vikings

I built this mainly for CCC, but it fits here too for a free build!

11486058705_bbfd9a33cc_o.jpg

Jesters aren't as appreciated in the far north as they are in the warmer Guilds. In fact, Erik the Angry appreciates jesters so little that he typically runs them right out of his clan's village--an event that is usually incredibly entertaining for the bystanders; but, not so much for the jester.

PoD Claims:

• Architecture - wooden walls
  • General Building - minifig posing
  • General Building - interior design
  • Anthropology - village life

Flickr

C&C appreciated!

i like the lights :) also nice atmosphere in that pub or whatever it is :)

Thanks Gunman! I intended this to be a mead hall or long house or something 'viking-y' like that.

Ha, ha, good to see he has a sense of humor. :laugh:

Erik the Angry? Nah, zero sense of humor there! *oh2*

I love it! I'll give the +1 for all UoP claims

Thanks!

This definitely gives off a Viking-like vibe. Great work!

Thanks man! I was hoping all those horned helmets would help. :wink:

The walls and door are excellent and fit right in with the Norse style :thumbup: I also like how you built the rafters and gave us a glimpse of the bottom side of the roof.

Nice inclusion of some chandeliers and the scene feels very lively :classic:

Great work! Very nice. Hope the Jester survived :laugh:

Hehe - probably, though there might be more than one piece :devil:

Nice MOC! I feel sorry for the jester!

Thanks!

The walls and door are excellent and fit right in with the Norse style :thumbup: I also like how you built the rafters and gave us a glimpse of the bottom side of the roof.

Nice inclusion of some chandeliers and the scene feels very lively :classic:

Thanks SK, I was thinking about claiming DoH credit for the roof, but I went with village life instead.

Really nice scene :thumbup: :thumbup: Poor jester :laugh:

Thanks Wedge! Those tight-wearing Avalonians can keep their jesters :wink:

UoP DoH +1 for all credits claimed.

Thanks gedren!

A lot of action and interesting details, good job!

However, I think the floor is a bit too simple compared to all the other great detailing...but I suppose that's a matter of taste :classic:

Anyway, UoP +1 for those categories.

However, I think the floor is a bit too simple compared to all the other great detailing...but I suppose that's a matter of taste :classic:

Agreed. However, I was at a complete loss with respect to what to do with it. I certainly didn't want to tile the floor--it's not a castle throne room interior--but, the studs are kind of distracting with the rest of the build studless.

I love the nervous expression on the right woman's face in contrast to the fellow next to her who looks like he is going in for an offhand smash with the chalice, great posing throughout. As to Gideon's comment I think you could have used a sideways snot floor mostly in brown with a few dark tan and dark grey plates thrown in to represent stray thatch and mud. Still simple but it gets rid of the studs. Your scene is so complex, however, that you barely notice there is a floor, so a very minor issue, great work overall.

This is such a great scene, full of life, humour and drama, and the background suits it perfectly. :thumbup: The regular studded floor is a little distracting from the surrounding level of detail i agree, although i think keeping the floor a lighter colour was a good choice. Maybe some scattered tan boat studs and 1x1 rounds would help break it up a bit maybe? Anyway, not sure if you have enough UoP votes yet, but +1 to 'em all anyways! :classic:

(ps. Don't forget to add your UoP claims/links to the registration thread! :wink: )

I love the nervous expression on the right woman's face in contrast to the fellow next to her who looks like he is going in for an offhand smash with the chalice, great posing throughout. As to Gideon's comment I think you could have used a sideways snot floor mostly in brown with a few dark tan and dark grey plates thrown in to represent stray thatch and mud. [...] great work overall.

Thanks for the feedback - I don't know why I didn't think of that! I essentially used that SNOT technique for the straw roof :wall:

Very lively scene, love all the action taking place. Cool stuff!

Thanks buddy!

<snip>

Thanks Gabe! (You're #4 for UoP here :wink: I'll go mark it off on the Registrar's thread. Definitely been trying to keep that up to date for you guys.) One question though, what are "boat studs"?

Thanks Gabe! (You're #4 for UoP here :wink: I'll go mark it off on the Registrar's thread. Definitely been trying to keep that up to date for you guys.) One question though, what are "boat studs"?

Boat studs, better known as Plate round 2x2 with rounded bottom . So called as they are often put on the bottom of ship sets so you can zoom them around on the carpet. :classic: