Mr Breden

Your favorite TV show(s)

I don't watch too much TV, but here's about the sum of my list: Futurama, The IT Crowd, Community (before season 4), Doctor Who, Spiderman The Animated Series, Eureka 7 (anime), Rick and Morty and Big School. I guess my problem is that I watch quite a bit of English TV since American stuff isn't usually to my taste...

And, the classic, Hockey Night in Canada.

Aaaaaaand let's lock this chat while it's at its highest point. ;D

We'll see about Scorpion,

The show is so terribly, horribly bad it's good. It's like "The Room" of television. It's so inaccurate, and no matter how hard you try, you just can't take it seriously.

Game of Thrones

The Walking Dead

Family Guy

The Office (UK Version)

An Idiot Abroad

The Mentalist

Can't think of anymore :O

Although I'm looking forward to that new Arkham TV Series (If thats the name) it'll be cool to see

All Star Trek incarnations (although I must say Enterprise is my least favorite, and yes: I also like the animated Trek)

Twilight Zone (the 80s series)

Sherlock (the BBC series with Cumberbatch)

Sherlock Holmes (the 80s/early 90s series with Jeremy Brett)

Battlestar Galactica (the original series! Not the crap reboot)

Buck Rogers (the 70s/80s version)

How I Met Your Mother (Legen-......wait for it.......)

Jim Henson's The Storyteller

Fraggle Rock

Droids

Ewoks

Rebels

Twin Peaks

A-Team

The Outer Limits (90s version)

Doctor Who (the Tom Baker, Eccleston and Tennant years)

Seinfeld

I don't have much time to watch TV but when I do I really like documentries & factual programmes (with those by Ken Burns being my favourites) but also:

M*A*S*H

Cheers

West Wing

Tom & Jerry

Angry. Birds Cartoons

Loony Tunes

The last 3 are when watching TV/DVDs with my beautiful Grandchildren. Well that's my excuse & I'm sticking to it :sweet:

Edited by grum64

I don't have much time to watch TV but when I do I really like documentries & factual programmes (with those by Ken Burns being my favourites)

Ken Burns baseball documentry is one of the greatest things I have ever seen.

My favorite TV shows are Arrested Development, Breaking Bad, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Dexter (seasons 1-4), Seinfeld, and Star Trek: The Next Generation.

You can probably gather many of my tastes from this list: I love the dry wit of Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Seinfeld, the mystery and drama of Breaking Bad and Dexter, and the good old-fashioned storytelling of TNG.

Edited by montyofmusic

Mine are, Star Wars Rebels, Supernatural, Arrow and Gotham. These are the ones I am currently watching, but my all time favorite shows are Firefly and the Clone Wars.

Ken Burns baseball documentry is one of the greatest things I have ever seen.

Thank you very much for the info, I'll keep an eye out for it.

I've got several of his others with the American Civil War and The West being my favourites. I think he's the best documentry maker there is.

Thanks again.

Sherlock, Rome, Borgias, Vikings, Boardwalk Empire, Wallander (swedish series) are my favorites. :)

Edited by talex

OMG, where do I start.......Thunderbirds, Buck Rogers, original BSG, Babylon 5, Blue Thunder, Knight Rider, Emergency (my number one of all time as a kid), anything with Daffy Duck.

Most Cartoon Network shows, gee more will come to mind ! :laugh:

post-128404-0-11204300-1413208944.jpg Game of Thrones. Take a look on my tribute to Daenerys!

The walking dead

Homeland

House of cards

Not to dig up old threads or anything. :blush:

Most of the series I really like always seem to get cancelled...

Defiance;

Revolution;

Terra Nova; https://www.youtube....h?v=cbDBMYcKcHU

Among others series I've seen are Warehouse 13, Falling Skies, Continuum, Fringe, Firefly, Star Trek (all), Battlestar Galactica.

Currently following The Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead, Dark Matters, Killjoys and The 100.

Currently watching Black Sails;

:pir-sweet:

Recommendations one I've seen as a kid. Space Above & Beyond;

It's like Battlestar Galactica mixed with Starship Troopers; Hooyah!

Edited by -zenn

Just finished watching Vikings, Season 4.

Started watching this show after an colleague recommended it to me when I told him I was growing my beard... It's been almost 1,5 years since then, still growing the beard, shaping it Viking style. baard-smiley.gif
I'm considering to let my hair on top grow and get a suiting haircut as well, instead of just keeping it short & spikey, don't know yet and I notice I'm getting off topic as well.

Anyway, can't wait for season 5. :laugh:

Top of the list would be Doctor Who which alongside Lego is among my top interests, after that it's Red Dwarf, Only Fools & Horses and Blakes 7.

I also follow Game of Thrones, Arrow & Flash. Plenty of good TV out there, sometimes it can be hard to follow it all.

Game of Thrones, Stranger Things (which I've just finished), Blindspot, NCIS, The Walking Dead, Gilmore Girls, LOST, Once Upon A Time, Heroes. Just to name a few. 

Doctor Who(new ,old and anything in between), Steven Universe,Young Justice, Supergirl , Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Avatar- the last air-bender (still need to watch legend of Korra), Izombie, Stranger things, Merlin (bbc), Sherlock(bbc) , Atlantis(bbc), Ninjago, Pokemon( kanto to sinnoh and kalos (I like all games but the unova and alola amine grates on me)), Anne with an e, many more I am sure I am forgetting.

The tragically cancelled-by-Cartoon-Network DC shows, Young Justice, Beware the Batman, and Green Lantern TAS are all phenomenal. I'd love to see the latter two get picked up for DC's future streaming plans like YJ is. BtB was really good about providing unique spins on lesser-known villains, and was far more mature than I expected it would be. Also, Katana is one of my favorite DC heroes.

Live action, I do follow all the CW's Arrowverse shows, except for Supergirl, which my fiancé and I are just now watching through (still on season one) on Netflix. 

Finished Breaking Bad, truly impressed with the writing quality, except for the big season two twist, which I hated. Otherwise brilliant.

And, of course, a few classics that I absolutely adore: The Twilight Zone, M*A*S*H, Adam West's Batman.

Up until recently, I haven't dedicatedly watched any TV shows with the exception of random episodes of classic shows such as I Love Lucy, Lassie, The Andy Griffith Show, etc. I'm more of a movie guy, primarily due to my preference for their higher production quality, not to mention that you don't have to dedicate yourself to more than three hours to watching one.

So, having said that, I can only say that my two favorite TV shows as of now are the only two I've watched so far, that being Amazon Prime's The Man in the High Castle and Netflix's Stranger Things. Sure, you can't watch them in a single evening, but their familiar cinematic quality and engaging characters make the commitment worth it. :classic:

My all time favorite TV show has to be Trailer Park Boys, I'm a member of Swearnet and the podcashs gives me my weekly dose of TPB.
Apart from the above, in no order:
Top Gear (proper TG with Clarkson, Hammond and May, it's just lame and boring now)
Horizon
Sky At Night
Outback Truckers
Highway Thru Hell
Family Guy

Now to show my age:
Gladiators (Original ITV version)
Treasure Hunt (Original Channel 4 version)
The Crystal Maze (Original Channel 4 version)

On 10/22/2018 at 4:21 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Amazon Prime's The Man in the High Castle

I've just started with season 3... :laugh::thumbup:

Also, two other recommendations;

Edited by -zenn