Sandy

Heroica RPG - Tidings of Comfort and All That Sh*t

As the Festival of Grogmas approaching, all heroes of Heroica received a letter via the Z-Mail system. In the envelope was a card with some text written on the other side.

heroica-tidings.jpg

heroicanpc-noelziegfried.jpg

"Yo! This is your resident Grogmas Elf Noel Ziegfried writing to y'all. I would never have stooped this low if my mother hadn't decided it was time for me to contribute to the family business. As if my studies at the Academy weren't hard enough! Seriously... But whatever, I'm supposed to promote the Z-Mail system with this lame Grogmas campaign.

Anyways, I'm supposed to remind y'all that you can send your Grogmas greetings and gifts to anywhere in Olegaia via Z-Mail. Maybe you'll get something in return... or maybe not. How should I know?

That's all, I guess. Crappy holidays to all of y'all!"

~*In celebration of Grogmas, all players of Heroica can use this topic to send letters and items from their inventory (not gold etc.) as gifts to any PC or NPC they wish, and receive a letter along with a gift in return. Be reminded that if you send an item to another player, they are not forced to send anything back (as I will only write the responses from the NPCs). You can also choose to send only a letter, without including a gift, but you will not receive an item back in that case. Also remember to update your statistics according to the items given and received.

Please restrict the letters to one per post, in order for me to keep track of everything. You can respond to a letter in the same post in which you write to someone else, though. You can post multiple times into this topic, just don't overdo it.

This event is open to all players of Heroica RPG, whether or not they are on a quest. You will have until the 26th of December to participate in this event.*~

Benji decides to send a letter to Lee Long. He includes one of his weapons as a gift - Kusarigama (WP:10, whip).

In his letter, it reads:

"To the brave Lee Long.

Since our travel together to rescue Jun and defeat the remaining stars in Xu, I have remembered your bravery. You have truly been an inspiration to me and I believe that you have really been a great influence on me. I wanted to send you a minor token of my appreciation - a weapon of one of the dastardly stars that we defeated. Hopefully this can build our friendship and we will be able to meet again.

Signed sincerely,

Benji Carvenhall."

The raider sits in the back of the cart as six letters drop down out of the sky, one for each hero. "This nonsense again... Might as well.." The raider takes a charcoal pencil out of his coat and starts writing.

"Adressed to the Masked Man,

I am in posession of a certain item that is good for knowledge in the practice of alchemy. This item was given to me by Madame Ladybug, to be used next time I was in contact with one of the leaders of the Guild.

For the foreseeable future, I am in no position to interact with any of you in the flesh, as my duties as a member of Heroica have taken me far from Eubric. Something that would help me with my current task however, or something that can help me later, could be invaluable.

Written by Guts Holla, member of Heroica, Captain of the Wind Thief."

Guts attaches his Voucher to the Guild of Invision (good for one lesson in Alchemy), and throws the enveloppe into the air, where it disappears.

Edited by Scubacarrot

Avalanche is trudging down the muddy riverbanks of the Fields of Glory when a blue envelope spirals out of the air and lands at his feet. "Oh- that Z-Mail thing I read about in the Library's Records of Past Events. I wonder who I'll send it too..."

Avalanche addresses the letter to Lieutenant Paolo of the Town Watch.

To Lt. Paolo,

I'm not sure whether you remember me or not. I'm one of the heroes who helped you solve that murder case about a month ago. The big, white, furry one. I hope all is well with you and your men. Have you found the real murderer yet? If not, then expect a fight when you do encounter her- such people are underhand and usually have goons in their pay. Enclosed in this letter is one bottle of Venom to aid you in the coming fight. If you ever require the assistance of Heroica again, I'd be pleased to help. Merry Grogmas,

Avalanche

Throlar was in the Dwarven Ambassadors suite in the Embassy when a letter dropped from the sky, which was odd considering there was a roof between him and the sky. After reading it and grimacing at the wording of the message (Teenagers, no dwarf would write like that!) he decided to make use of the system to send a few words of seasons greetings to old friends and family members, and he finally decided to write to one of his questmates, and decided to send it...

To Nerwen,with all goodwill.

How are you party leader?I hope you are well as I am at this moment, not that that is saying much. I amend it therefore and say that I hope you are as well as I wish I was at this moment. I am sincerely sorry over my actions at R'kilf and hope to make amends for them, I also hope to meet you again, as a friend, which I hope you are. I have said hope about five times in this letter and you must be getting bored by now, so I shall bring this letter to a close. I wish I could put some more warmth into it, but I fear I cannot.

Until we meet again,

Throlar Wineghilm.

Edited by Lord Duvors

Z-mail has the power to cross dimensions so perhaps this will work...However, the whelp may not be as proficient at running things as his mother. Might as well give it a try but what to write? Providing too much detail and having the damn letter end up in the wrong spot will not be a good result for me.

To
Donny Dozenhands

Stabbed through the heart,

And you're to blame.

Donny, you give wolves,

A bad name.

That was a weak way to go, man. Should have fled. I have insufficient training in necromancy so this is the best I can do.

En Sabah Nur

Attached:
Phoenix Essence

Heckz was wandering if the Hall could get any more boring until a letter magically appeared in front of him. He didn't know what Grogmas was but he knew he should send some gifts.

Dear Avalanche,

You are the only trustworthy thing person in the entire Hall, and I hear you're in a quest with the foolish Monk. Here is a Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with level less than half of the wearer's are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear) so you don't have to put up with vermin like him.

Possibly your friend, Heckz Brutenhal.

Dear Sorrow,

I know that you're bothered by the monk aswell as dear Avalanche. I don't know what to give you, so here's a spare Ether Core I have. Hope that gives you energy to put up with him, cause ether is energy (Right ?).

Yours truely, Heckz Brutenhal.

Heckz sat for a moment, thinking who he should give his remedy to. "Hmm, it's either Elpha- Boo or the Abominable Reptile Man..."

Dear Elphaba,

Don't know if you remember me but I am Heckz Brutenhal, the handsome innocent boy that helped you get your cute cat's Bonnet. Anyways, I noticed your skin is green but you don't look like a orc/gremlin/hobgoblin/any race that is in the embassy that is green to me, so I assume you have a skin problem? Just wanted to send you this Remedy I have in hopes it cures your problem.

Hugs and kisses, Heckz Brutenhal.

Dear Harlot Quinn,

Hope you're having fun in jail, you b**ch! Just wanted to say, it felt so good to knock you out cold. And I'm also reminding you to not mess with my flirting skills again, or I'll go where you are right now and kill you myself.

PS: I love this outfit of yours that you probably worked hard for.

PPS: Never giving it back.

Merry Grogmas, Heckz Brutenhal.

Edited by Cutcobra

En Sabah Nur sends his next correspondence to Fabian Fancyfeather.

"Hey Lady,

The two styles of footwear you offer are very fashionable but I was wondering if you will be offering other options in the near future or if there was a way to put in an order for customized boots? More styles or the customization service would only bring in more money for you. If materials are too expensive or just hard to come by, I offer you this magic
Garnet Lamp of Summoning
(Summons Garnet Jinn
Level 10, Health 25, deals earth damage, SHIELD: Protects self and summoner from damage the next round, CRITICAL HIT: 20 damage
, 2/3 uses left)
. It can provide you with two wishes to satisfy any desire. I'd use them myself but I am wise enough to know that I think too small and do not wish to squander such a mystical and wonderful gift.

If you could start selling more boots, I would appreciate it. Merry Grogas!

En Sabah Nur, Mage of Heroica

Throlar decided to send some more letters, and began by sending one to...

Samuel Shawe, with seasons greetings.

How are you feeling? I am well tough I feel as if I won't be soon. I trust your relations with the elves and humans of R'kilf are doing well. Obrick forbid that the elves ever find out who masterminded the assassination of Lord Klevak (I hope I spelled that correctly), and I swear I will never imperil your relations with R'kilf of my own free will. I hope I have not offended you, and I will never allude to the subject again. Enclosed is one Smoke Bomb, make good use of it.

Merry Grogmas and a happy new year.

T.W.

Edited by Lord Duvors

To Mr Maginstra.

I hope this letter finds you well, and I'm glad to hear that Darkstar business got resolved.

I've attached that spear I got from your mansion a while ago. I've got some better weapons since then, and while I suppose with that staff and your magic you wouldn't really need a spear, it was yours in the first place, so you can have it back.

Merry Grogmas, from Erik Tyrvarr.

He attaches his Spear (WP:9), and mutters "I've got Z-Mail."

Dear Heckz,

Thanks. I don't really like the Monk, but I guess he's not that bad...Anyway, here's a spare Smoke Bomb that I happen to own. See you back at the Hall!

Avalanche

Dear Anwyl Smokebeard- owner of the Smithy:

I call myself Alexandre, le Chevalier, and I've been to your place a few times to upgrade my armor. Do yo remember me, the elf? I hope you are doing alright and I'd like to send a powerful weapon for your use or resell.... it is the season of giving after all. I hope you like this Warblade (WP: 20, greatsword). I'm always in need of an upgrade to my elf sword though....

-Your friend, Alexandre

Dear Father Grogmas,

I've been a good hero all of this year, but I'll be a bad hero all of next if you don't give me what I want. The list of items is enclosed in the proceeding pages and I await the fulfillment of our transaction.

--Monk Pretzel

To Arthur the Duplovian helmet of the guard and Halberd. The message states: Pay when I next see you or with your life.

To Monk Pretzel my Mythril shield; so he may destroy the inferior for me.

As much as Sarge favoured his comrades he had nothing of value but the clothes on his back and the Knives in someone elses.

Edited by Pyrovisionary

Dear Erik Tyrvarr,

Greetings to you. I have not seen you around the hall recently, so I can only assume that you are on a quest at present. How has life found you since our adventures searching for the assassin of Mr. Rorik? No more encounters with demonic cults, I hope. You've been a goodly lad, Erik and last we spoke I recall you mentioning something about following the path of a healer. That is certainly an admirable undertaking for one such as yourself, so in order to facilitate the switch from barbarism to healing, allow me to offer a Tonic. It is not much, but it is a start for you. I hope to see you again soon and remember that as heroes we are meant to be healing the grievances of the world. The path of healing is the noblest of paths indeed, and may you remain on it for a good part of your carrier.

Dear Father McCreary,

I trust this letter finds you well. While Grogmas does tend to be the season of festivities and dancing, I hope for once they dead have chosen to forgo the more energetic activities of the season. If not, I have enclosed a Holy Bomb that should help you deal with any of the more active corpses.

Sincerely yours,

Jeaux

Erik writes three more letters.

Dear Monk Pretzel.

Thank you sir, you are correct, Copper Fox has taught me to be a Shaman. That has occupied a large portion of my time.

I'm sure your gift will be very useful. Please accept this Grand Potion. It's unlikely you will need it, with your healing and defensive skills, but you might find a use for it.

Merry Grogmas

Erik Tyrvarr

Dear Soryx Dourskull.

I hope this letter finds you well, and that these Shackles of War help you prevent the escape of any evil necromancers or their ilk.

Merry Grogmas

Erik Tyrvarr.

Dear Zasies.

I hope you have found some more worthy fights since I interrupted your drink.

Enjoy this Mead.

Maybe we can fight again some time.

Merry Grogmas

Erik Tyrvarr.

Total:

Erik: -1 Grand Potion, -1 Mead, -1 Shackles of War.

Monk Pretzel: +1 Grand Potion.

Edited by Myrddyn

With a soft pop, another z-mail message materialised in front of Nerwen.

She unfolded the note to read.

To Nerwen,with all goodwill.

How are you party leader?I hope you are well as I am at this moment, not that that is saying much. I amend it therefore and say that I hope you are as well as I wish I was at this moment. I am sincerely sorry over my actions at R'kilf and hope to make amends for them, I also hope to meet you again, as a friend, which I hope you are. I have said hope about five times in this letter and you must be getting bored by now, so I shall bring this letter to a close. I wish I could put some more warmth into it, but I fear I cannot.

Until we meet again,

Throlar Wineghilm.

Since she had parchment out ready while she pondered who she would write to, it was quick work to write a reply.

Quel Yenearsira, Ohtar Naugri,

In elvish the word which would translate as hope is esteluva. It conveys not a mere wish but an sure and eager expectation of good coming to pass. In this, be comforted. I count you friend and I am at least as well as you. Better, perhaps, given the tone of your note.

I have included a mulled wine, which should cheer and warm you for a little while. I look forward to hearing of your further quests and the advancements you make in understanding yourself and others.

Until then, Merry Grogmas.

Edited by Chromeknight

Dear Warlock Hoples,

I hope all is well with you and that your career as a detective continues to flourish. Have you solved any other cases yet? I have included one Potion to aid you should you find yourself in the midst of a battle. If you see that vile kobold in his cell again, then please give him a lump of coal from me. He doesn't deserve any better.

Regards,

Avalanche

Dear Abigail,

Merry Grogmas! It has been a really long time since we last met. How are you? And how are things at the Villa? I hope you are coping well, especially during this time of the year, I am sure the kitchen must be really busy with all the parties and gatherings. I guess it must be really hard for a young woman like you to work as a kitchen hand to earn extra income, especially when they don't really pay you much. Please accept a humble potion. That should save you some gold on medical expenses. I wish you well and hope we meet again.

Yours sincerely,

Purpearl Berthadhiell

Mage

Heroica

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

OoC: Remember, one letter per post, unless you're replying to someone.

Benji decides to send a letter to Lee Long. He includes one of his weapons as a gift - Kusarigama (WP:10, whip).

In his letter, it reads:

"To the brave Lee Long.

Since our travel together to rescue Jun and defeat the remaining stars in Xu, I have remembered your bravery. You have truly been an inspiration to me and I believe that you have really been a great influence on me. I wanted to send you a minor token of my appreciation - a weapon of one of the dastardly stars that we defeated. Hopefully this can build our friendship and we will be able to meet again.

Signed sincerely,

Benji Carvenhall."

Benji receives a letter from Lee:

heroicanpc-leelong.jpg

"To Benji Carvenhall,

I am honoured to read that you consider me an inspiration, despite my failure in guarding my mistress. It is with a heavy heart that I continue my duty, as each glance to my maimed lady feels like a sting of a knife. Perhaps one day I will stop blaming myself for what happened to her, but that day is nowhere in sight.

Thank you for your gift, it means a lot to me. This weapon reminds me that at least I have accomplished something good in this life. As a token of our continuing friendship, I want you to have my spare pair of fighting gloves.

Your friend,

Lee Long"

With the letter came a parcel that held a pair of gloves for Benji.

heroica-pugilistsgloves.jpgPugilist’s Gloves (Power +2, protects from weakened-effect.)

"Adressed to the Masked Man,

I am in posession of a certain item that is good for knowledge in the practice of alchemy. This item was given to me by Madame Ladybug, to be used next time I was in contact with one of the leaders of the Guild.

For the foreseeable future, I am in no position to interact with any of you in the flesh, as my duties as a member of Heroica have taken me far from Eubric. Something that would help me with my current task however, or something that can help me later, could be invaluable.

Written by Guts Holla, member of Heroica, Captain of the Wind Thief."

Guts attaches his Voucher to the Guild of Invision (good for one lesson in Alchemy), and throws the enveloppe into the air, where it disappears.

A letter arrives back to Guts, in the midst of the clansmeet at Baltarok.

heroicanpc-maskedman.jpg

"Mr. Holla,

Your reputation among the Guild of Alchemists is outstanding, and it would be an honor to have you join our ranks once the time is right. I will gladly aid you on your ordeal. Please accept this little appetizer of the alchemist's power, and put it to good use.

The Masked Man, Invision Guildmaster"

With the letter came a vial of Arc Elixir (Restores 60 health and 15 ether to all allies and removes negative effects.).

To Lt. Paolo,

I'm not sure whether you remember me or not. I'm one of the heroes who helped you solve that murder case about a month ago. The big, white, furry one. I hope all is well with you and your men. Have you found the real murderer yet? If not, then expect a fight when you do encounter her- such people are underhand and usually have goons in their pay. Enclosed in this letter is one bottle of Venom to aid you in the coming fight. If you ever require the assistance of Heroica again, I'd be pleased to help. Merry Grogmas,

Avalanche

Avalanche got a quick response from the lieutenant.

9336893385_2896ed4238_o.jpg

"Greetings, Avalanche! I do not celebrate the orcish festival, but may it be merry to you as well.

Unfortunately the murderess is still at large. Thank you for the venom, nevertheless, it will give that much-needed extra sting of penance to whichever criminal I use it on. Please accept this bottle of mead as my gift back to you.

Sincerely yours,

Lt. Paolo of the Town Watch"

The letter came with the bottle mentioned in it.

heroica-mead.jpgMead (Causes the encouraged-effect, doubling the target's attack power for the duration of one battle.)

To
Donny Dozenhands

Stabbed through the heart,

And you're to blame.

Donny, you give wolves,

A bad name.

That was a weak way to go, man. Should have fled. I have insufficient training in necromancy so this is the best I can do.

En Sabah Nur

Attached:
Phoenix Essence

En Sabah Nur waited out of interest if a response would come, but no letter from the great beyond arrived. However, when Nur checked his bag the next time, he found an extra pair of handcuffs inside.

heroica-shacklesofwar.jpgShackles of War (Prevents anyone from fleeing battles.)

Dear Elphaba,

Don't know if you remember me but I am Heckz Brutenhal, the handsome innocent boy that helped you get your cute cat's Bonnet. Anyways, I noticed your skin is green but you don't look like a orc/gremlin/hobgoblin/any race that is in the embassy that is green to me, so I assume you have a skin problem? Just wanted to send you this Remedy I have in hopes it cures your problem.

Hugs and kisses, Heckz Brutenhal.

The letter that arrived back to Heckz was coated with an entoxicating scent.

heroicanpc-elphaba.jpg

"Dear Heckz,

I remember you for sure. I eat horny teenage boys like you for breakfast. Just so you know, I do not suffer from a skin disease, but I was born this way, baby. We people of Babeleth Darklands are often born with mutations. It has something to do with the curse bestowed upon the land. At least I was lucky enough not to be born with a tail like my childhood friend Grimelda.

But I thank you for your concern. In return, I want you to give you my personal perfume so you shall never forget that women are not to be trifled with.

xoxo

Elphaba"

Inside the envelope Heckz found a small bottle of perfume.

heroica-wickedperfume.jpgWicked Perfume (Makes all male humanoid enemies enamored to the user, but makes all female humanoid enemies encouraged; consumable.)

En Sabah Nur sends his next correspondence to Fabian Fancyfeather.

"Hey Lady,

The two styles of footwear you offer are very fashionable but I was wondering if you will be offering other options in the near future or if there was a way to put in an order for customized boots? More styles or the customization service would only bring in more money for you. If materials are too expensive or just hard to come by, I offer you this magic
Garnet Lamp of Summoning
(Summons Garnet Jinn
Level 10, Health 25, deals earth damage, SHIELD: Protects self and summoner from damage the next round, CRITICAL HIT: 20 damage
, 2/3 uses left)
. It can provide you with two wishes to satisfy any desire. I'd use them myself but I am wise enough to know that I think too small and do not wish to squander such a mystical and wonderful gift.

If you could start selling more boots, I would appreciate it. Merry Grogas!

En Sabah Nur, Mage of Heroica

A letter comes to Nur.

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"Merry Grogmas to you too, Mrs. Sabah Nur!

It is always fantabulous to get customer feedback! I will see what I can do about the footwear situation right away.

Thank you for the hunkalicious Djinn as well, madame. Even though I am not a lady as yourself, it still feels good to have brawny muscles to keep me warm on these cruel winter nights.

To satisfy your womanly needs for shoes, I've included a special pair custom-made just for you with this letter.

With dedication,

Fabian Fancyfeather, Owner of the Fantabulous Fashion Boutique"

Nur's jaw dropped when he saw what Fabian had sent him.

heroica-pinkpumps.jpgPink Pumps (+2 power, permanent transcended-effect; suitable to women; footwear)

Samuel Shawe, with seasons greetings.

How are you feeling? I am well tough I feel as if I won't be soon. I trust your relations with the elves and humans of R'kilf are doing well. Obrick forbid that the elves ever find out who masterminded the assassination of Lord Klevak (I hope I spelled that correctly), and I swear I will never imperil your relations with R'kilf of my own free will. I hope I have not offended you, and I will never allude to the subject again. Enclosed is one Smoke Bomb, make good use of it.

Merry Grogmas and a happy new year.

T.W.

A very short letter came to Throlar.

cceaa68e-5a9f-4d59-a2d6-2d48c17a7c22_zpsb15f1222.jpg

"Dear T.W.,

I do not know you, and I do not know where you get your false information, but if this is some sort of half-handed attempt to blackmail me, I have to say you are targetting the wrong man.

Here is your little bomb back. I hope I will never hear from you again or I will have the Ziegfrieds trace you through this mailing system.

~Samuel Shawe."

Throlar gets the Smoke Bomb he sent back. It seems sending threatening letters to complete strangers isn't a smart thing to do...

heroica-smokebomb.jpgSmoke Bomb (Allows the party to escape the battle.)

To Mr Maginstra.

I hope this letter finds you well, and I'm glad to hear that Darkstar business got resolved.

I've attached that spear I got from your mansion a while ago. I've got some better weapons since then, and while I suppose with that staff and your magic you wouldn't really need a spear, it was yours in the first place, so you can have it back.

Merry Grogmas, from Erik Tyrvarr.

He attaches his Spear (WP:9), and mutters "I've got Z-Mail."

Erik receives a letter from the great wizard Byverion the Maginastra. The letter was written with blue ink.

7252133104_e5d4180a46_m.jpg

"To Mr. Tyrvarr,

It was indeed a great relief that the threat posed by the Darkstar was neutralized, even though I lost my position at the Council of the Watchful Eye during those events. Thank you for returning one of my weapons, even though a warrior such as yourself would have benefitted from it more than myself.

I do not know what plans you have for the future, but I would like you to have this wand I created in inspiration of the Darkstar. Do not worry, it has nowhere near the power that the real Darkstar once possessed, but it is still a potent item, if I do say so myself. Who knows, if you one day veer into the path of magic, you might find it useful.

Merry Grogmas to you and your kin,

~Byverion the Maginastra~"

Erik examined the wand that came with the letter. A shaman like him could not wield it, but perhaps if he one day became a Battle Mage or a Necromancer, he could put it to use.

heroica-darkstarwand.jpgDarkstar Wand (WP:12; has 1/2 chance of inflicting hexed-effect; darkness-elemental wand)

Dear Anwyl Smokebeard- owner of the Smithy:

I call myself Alexandre, le Chevalier, and I've been to your place a few times to upgrade my armor. Do yo remember me, the elf? I hope you are doing alright and I'd like to send a powerful weapon for your use or resell.... it is the season of giving after all. I hope you like this Warblade (WP: 20, greatsword). I'm always in need of an upgrade to my elf sword though....

-Your friend, Alexandre

Alexandre got a letter back from Anwyl.

heroicanpc-anwylsmokebeard.jpg

"Merry Grogmas from the forge, Le Chevalier!

Thank you for the splendid sword, such works of art always make a connoisseur of arms feel fuzzy inside. But you should not be left empty-handed this Grogmas, either! Here is a bunch of grating stones to make your weapons all the more sharper.

Seasons Greetings,

Anwyl son of Hammar son of Forgin, aka. Smokebeard"

The envelope contained three exquisite stones for sharpening weapons.

DSCN0120.jpgDSCN0120.jpgDSCN0120.jpg3x Grating Stone (Increases WP of any weapon by 1.)

Dear Father Grogmas,

I've been a good hero all of this year, but I'll be a bad hero all of next if you don't give me what I want. The list of items is enclosed in the proceeding pages and I await the fulfillment of our transaction.

--Monk Pretzel

Much to his surprise, Monk Pretzel got a letter back.

heroicanpc-fathergrogmas.jpg

"Dear Pretzel,

Threatening Father Grogmas only ensures presentess Grogmasses for years to come.

Sincerely yours,

~Father Grogmas"

Dear Father McCreary,

I trust this letter finds you well. While Grogmas does tend to be the season of festivities and dancing, I hope for once they dead have chosen to forgo the more energetic activities of the season. If not, I have enclosed a Holy Bomb that should help you deal with any of the more active corpses.

Sincerely yours,

Jeaux

Jeaux got a kind response from Father McCreary.

heroicaquest74-fathermccreary.jpg

"Dear Jeaux,

The dead have been resting surprisingly well lately, although unfortunately I cannot say there has been no supernatural activity since your last visit to the cemetery. The ghosts and spooks have not harmed anyone, though, so me and Jensen have decided to leave them be. One never knows when they decide to get restless and hostile again, though, so your Holy Bomb is much appreciated.

Please accept this bottle of soma as a gift from me to you. It should keep you warm and blessed in these dark times.

May Your Life Be Long and Blissful,

Father McCreary"

heroica-soma.jpgSoma (Causes the blessed-effect, allowing the target to recover 3 health at the end of each round for the duration of one battle.)

Dear Soryx Dourskull.

I hope this letter finds you well, and that these Shackles of War help you prevent the escape of any evil necromancers or their ilk.

Merry Grogmas

Erik Tyrvarr.

8742461929_981dfe702c_t.jpg

"To Erik Tyrvarr,

Merry Grogmas to you as well. I am currently fighting a three-headed spitdemon under a public toilet, so I have to apologize for the short reply. These shackles will surely be useful, so I want you to have this talisman of mine.

Got to hurry now, so I will catch you later.

Yours,

Soryx Dourskull"

In the envelope Erik finds the Talisman of Enlightenment (Protects from hexed-effect; accessory) that Soryx used to carry.

Dear Zasies.

I hope you have found some more worthy fights since I interrupted your drink.

Enjoy this Mead.

Maybe we can fight again some time.

Merry Grogmas

Erik Tyrvarr.

8743578912_55a6809fb6_t.jpg

"Dear Erik,

It would be my pleasure. Here is some Nostrum back at you - you will need it if you want another bout with me.

Zasies"

heroica-nostrum.jpgNostrum (Causes the lucky-effect, allowing the target to roll the battle die twice and get the better result of the two for the duration of one battle.)

Dear Mizuki,

How have you been? It was a pleasure questing together with you in the Commerz Vault and then curing the Dragon in Dastan. Not sure if in the future you are planning on taking up the training of the winged peoples, but in case you are interested, let me offer you this Rito Feather (grants the hastened- and blessed-effects when consumed). In any case it should be a useful item for an assassin such as yourself.

--Monk Pretzel.

Dear Warlock Hoples,

I hope all is well with you and that your career as a detective continues to flourish. Have you solved any other cases yet? I have included one Potion to aid you should you find yourself in the midst of a battle. If you see that vile kobold in his cell again, then please give him a lump of coal from me. He doesn't deserve any better.

Regards,

Avalanche

A letter arrives to Avalanche at the Fields.

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Dear Avalanche,

I was able to keep my position as the Town Watch detective for the time, much thanks to you people. Right now I'm solving a case involving broken flowerpots at Madame Ladybug's greenhouse. This might turn out to be a real brainteaser, I tell you... I've learned not to let panic take me over as much, and as a result my brains have began to function properly once more. I just might do well in this job, after all...

I have visited dear Watsap at the prison from time to time, although he does not seem to appreciate my visits very much. I shall tell him that you said hi, though. I won't say anything about the coals, as he is upset enough as it is.

Thank you for the potion, it is a fine gift. I've included a little something for you with this letter.

Always at your service,

Detective Warlock Hoples of the Town Watch"

With the letter came a well-packed bomb.

heroica-airbomb.jpg Air Bomb (Causes 5 points of wind-elemental damage to all enemies, doubled if the target is weak to wind)

Dear Abigail,

Merry Grogmas! It has been a really long time since we last met. How are you? And how are things at the Villa? I hope you are coping well, especially during this time of the year, I am sure the kitchen must be really busy with all the parties and gatherings. I guess it must be really hard for a young woman like you to work as a kitchen hand to earn extra income, especially when they don't really pay you much. Please accept a humble potion. That should save you some gold on medical expenses. I wish you well and hope we meet again.

Yours sincerely,

Purpearl Berthadhiell

Mage

Heroica

Purpearl receives a letter from Abigail.

9864381395_9f0687f8b3_o.jpg

"Dear Purpearl,

Things have settled down surprisingly well here at Hinckwell Villa. The master has increased the number of guards to keep trouble away, and it has really paid off. I'm sorry we met as such bad circumstances, Purpearl. I am glad you still think fondly of me despite all the nasty business with the murders and that. Huh, it still gives me the heebiejeebies just thinking back on them!

Thank you so much for the present, anyway! It is very kind of you! Here's some freshly baked goodies for you to enjoy.

Sincerely yours,

Abigail"

With the letter came three tasty pretzels, smelling delicious.

heroica-tastypretzel_zpsee7c798d.jpgheroica-tastypretzel_zpsee7c798d.jpgheroica-tastypretzel_zpsee7c798d.jpg3x Tasty Pretzel (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption.)

In the a break between two fight in the Fields of Glory, a Z-mail appears in front of Alexander. "Oh, it's Grogmas!" says the eleven arcer reading the Z-mail, then he takes a few papers and starts writing.

Dear Thalion,

we see each other briefly in the Hall before my departure; I hope all is going well. As a part of my appreciation for your work in our adventures and for our friendship, I'd like to give you this Mead. See you back in the Hall.

Alexander Vandangant

After sending the letter to Thalion, he takes another paper and write another letter.

Dear Ahvialyn,

I hope in R'kilf is going all well. As a token of friendiship and appreciation, I'd like to give you this Potion, to help in your fight against evil forces.

Regards,

Alexander Vandangant

Dear Harlot Quinn,

Hope you're having fun in jail, you b**ch! Just wanted to say, it felt so good to knock you out cold. And I'm also reminding you to not mess with my flirting skills again, or I'll go where you are right now and kill you myself.

PS: I love this outfit of yours that you probably worked hard for.

PPS: Never giving it back.

Merry Grogmas, Heckz Brutenhal.

Much to Heckz surprise, he receives a letter back from the harlot.

10231070405_0eba888edc_o.jpg

"Dear Heckz,

Someone sounds jealous. Seems as if though, Mr. Brutenhal, you either miss me or you feel as if my ability to turn you on makes you feel somewhat disappointed in yourself. Either way, I find it amusing. And there's no need to go off about jail. Not like you can get in here.

PS: Good to know Heroica still likes to steal clothing off of unconscious people. :thumbup:

PSS: That's fine, I got a nicer outfit anyways. Not like you can have it.

Merry Grogmas, Harley"

The letter has a lipstick kiss smeared on the bottom of the paper. Heckz finds nothing else in the envelope.