Dayton

2014 Green Lantern Exclusive Set?

So when the list of names for the 2014 Batman Sets at the end of one list i saw on one list was a Green Lantern exclusive set. It was been over two years since the SDCC Green Lantern figure so the time would be appropriate. Here are the reasons i think why this could happen and why i think this won't happen

Why this could happen

- We have not got a Green Lantern set before

- For the 2014 set list there are four DC sets and five Marvel sets

- Lego may be trying to branch out to other heroes like they did when the launched the DC line they did a Superman/Wonder Woman set instead of heroes appearing in Batman sets like The Flash and Aquaman

Why i think this could not happen

- The Arkham Asylum set was not on the recent list of sets to retire.

- Sets are already popping up on store shelfs in some places and i think we would have scene some pics by now.

So whats you take on this?

Where was this list? :classic:

Multiple people from Flickr reported this but they where just Flickr users and not Lego bloggers which makes it seem less likely.

Perhaps TLG is holding off on the GL Minifig til after its appearance in The LEGO Movie. Since most GL's are humanoid, several could be included in a set. Have a few generic GL bodies, just differentiate them by using a variety of alien heads. If the GL sets are popular, it would be great to see a Bigfig Kilowog!

Poozers.

Edited by Colossus

Perhaps TLG is holding off on the GL Minifig til after its appearance in The LEGO Movie. Since most GL's are humanoid, several could be included in a set. Have a few generic GL bodies, just differentiate them by using a variety of alien heads. If the GL sets are popular, it would be great to see a Bigfig Kilowog!

Poozers.

And Ch'p!!

Edited by rosalind14

I am also positive that LEGO wants to branch out a little seeing how all new sets paired Batman with somebody else. The same source of the GL rumor also talked about multiple X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy sets and I don´t think LEGO can just keep on putting the other four villains from 2012 in sets with rehashes of the same sidekicks we get in January. The DC line probably gets some more heroes to pair up with Batman and some old villains and maybe we get another set with Superman and Wonder Woman since the Lex mecha suit is going out of production around now and they are also in that movie. I bet on at least the rest of the New 52 main Justice League getting figs this year in keeping with that weird New52 push. So that means Hal Jordan, Cyborg and maybe new costume versions of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

I wouldn't be suprised if we got a set with Green Lantern, but not a set fully devoted to him. Green Lantern is a cool character, but at this point in time, I think Lego knows he can't stand without the presence of Batman or Superman. So, assuming that we get 4 more Marvel set(2 X-Men and 2 GOTG) I think it's likely we'll get 4 DC sets one featuring Green Lantern fighting along side Batman or Superman and hopefully some more Justice League members as well.

I wouldn't be suprised if we got a set with Green Lantern, but not a set fully devoted to him. Green Lantern is a cool character, but at this point in time, I think Lego knows he can't stand without the presence of Batman or Superman. So, assuming that we get 4 more Marvel set(2 X-Men and 2 GOTG) I think it's likely we'll get 4 DC sets one featuring Green Lantern fighting along side Batman or Superman and hopefully some more Justice League members as well.

Yeah. :sceptic: From what I understand, retailers are still afraid of Hal Jordan after the movie bombed. Though, I did notice while doing some research comparing Imaginext's DC stuff to LEGO that they do have an Oa playset (complete with Kilowog and Ch'p :grin:).

I am also positive that LEGO wants to branch out a little seeing how all new sets paired Batman with somebody else. The same source of the GL rumor also talked about multiple X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy sets and I don´t think LEGO can just keep on putting the other four villains from 2012 in sets with rehashes of the same sidekicks we get in January.

It wasn't the same source as the Marvel rumors. All About Bricks (which is always correct) said that there will be X-Men and GotG sets in the Summer and Brick Fanatics said that we may see Green Lantern in 2014. :wink:

Poozers.

As much as i love Batman i wish they would tone it down with the sets. Like the aerial thing in The Jokers Steam Roller set looked terrible. I understand why they have Batman in sets that have other heroes such as Aquaman and The Flash because they are not that popular. And some Big figs over on the DC sets would be awesome! There is one user on Flickr who makes custom Big Figs such as Bane, Darksied, Mongul and so forth and some of the characters he did would do great as official Lego products. I would like to see another partner up between two heroes that are not Batman and someone else. This set better make up for the for the lack of sets and bad vehicles.

I think the best chance for GL would be to include him as part of a Justice League set this summer. GL, Superman, and Martian Manhunter vs a macrofigure Doomsday aboard the Watchtower would be pretty damn sweet.

I just want variety in my figures, so I dont care how we get him, as long as we get him. I'm fine with them playing it safe with adding only one extra figure with Batman to make sure it sells. If that is what it takes. It's be nice to have more variety of Batman then, but we are already getting quite a few different suits. Is love a different face printing. I'm sure that would seek a set right there, even with the same printing.

One great way to release a GL minifig would be through the DK Brickmaster book series. Brickmaster hasn't done the Superhero theme yet and since GL's powers are all about constructing objects he would be a great fit. The book could come with GL and SInestro with enough green/trans. green and yellow/trans. yellow bricks for them to create and variety of weapons, shields and vehicles.

One great way to release a GL minifig would be through the DK Brickmaster book series. Brickmaster hasn't done the Superhero theme yet and since GL's powers are all about constructing objects he would be a great fit. The book could come with GL and SInestro with enough green/trans. green and yellow/trans. yellow bricks for them to create and variety of weapons, shields and vehicles.

No they would not do that with a popular mainstream character like that.

This! At best we may see a "store exclusive" (not D2C like Arkham) DC set that includes A GL minifig of some flavor, like. Batman or Superman type set. but they will not do a full dedicated GL set and certainly not a D2C set. The round of GL toys from 2 years ago were much loathed shelf warmers. They still populate discount bins. No matter how you slice it that data will be real hard to overcome. (It is also likely that part of the reason we did not see a Thor or Thor2 specific set is that the Thor specific toy lines more or less flopped, while IM and Captain America sold well.)

If Green Lantern toys aren't very popular, maybe we can get a set with Batman, Green Lantern and Sinestro. Maybe add in another Bat villain as well.

I think the best chance for GL would be to include him as part of a Justice League set this summer. GL, Superman, and Martian Manhunter vs a macrofigure Doomsday aboard the Watchtower would be pretty damn sweet.

That would be pretty sweet if we got another exclusive DC building like we did with the Arkham Asylum set.