SpacySmoke

Winter Village: Snowy Owl Beer

I've been to two Christmas markets this year (one in Toronto and one in Chicago), and beer stalls were quite popular at both of them.

Here's my Lego version of a German beer stall.

11457155984_1db9b59aa6_c.jpg

11457156344_962bed760f_c.jpg

11457156354_a74a9ef3c9_c.jpg

Inside the stall is a cash register and four barrels of beer, two of which are tapped.

Next to the stall is a small area where people can drink and take a bit of shelter from the snow.

Merry Christmas!

Really nicely built entry. I love the details of the bar and the area for drinking 'fun n frolics'. Good luck in the contest!

Sweet build SpaceySmoke. It looks cosy and inviting.

Beerstores make every occasion Christmas! Good luck in the competition.

Wonderful entry, very original and very apt stall. I love the beer barrels and the awning for the drinking area! But the whole things is very well done!!

Good luck and happy building :laugh:

I'll drink to this MOC.......wonderful German inspired beer stall......ah, Octoberfest ! :laugh:

Brick On with a pint 'SpacySmoke' ! :grin:

It's awesome! You've really captured the spirit of the Winter Village. Well done :thumbup:

This could easily have been an official Lego set! Or part of it.

This looks really great, and fits in nicely with the theme! I like the use of the cherries as trim on the stall.

Great addition to the contest. I love how you added some dynamic in the crowd by not just showing people drinking and serving but also passing by.

Good luck in the contest.

Thank you, all, for the kind comments! Sorry, I don't quite have time to reply to everyone (going on vacation real soon!).

This looks really great, and fits in nicely with the theme! I like the use of the cherries as trim on the stall.

The cherries were something I really wanted to work into the build since they haven't been used like this in an official set yet and I thought they would give a nice impression of holly.

Great addition to the contest. I love how you added some dynamic in the crowd by not just showing people drinking and serving but also passing by.

Good luck in the contest.

Thanks for the comment. I wanted to make it feel a bit busy like a real Christmas market. I was tempted to add more people but I didn't want it to be too crazy.

there is one in Toronto?! where?....i really like the details, great job :thumbup:

It's in the Distillery District. They have a big tree that they light up, some rides for the kids, and quite a large group of stalls for adult beverages...it is the Distillery District after all :)

I really like your creation 'SpacySmoke' with the main bar and the 'snug' to the side for the drinkers. It reminds me of the beer stall at the German winter market in Edinburgh last christmas.

That's a really nice entry and one which fits in really well with the Winter Village Market.

These are just the sort of stalls that appear all throughout the Christmas markets in the UK as well.

I'd happily include this in my own Winter Village collection if I could.

The Snowy Owl Beer really catches the spirit of a Christmas Market. I like the details you have made on the wood. All we need now is a "Wurst" (sausage) on the grill.