I recently designed some well-known MARVEL superheroes and had them printed by EclipseGrafx.

These are the results. Please let me know what you think!

11441958595_c8a85464da_z.jpg

Coming Soon by Lumbrax, on Flickr

The characters are as follows

X-Force Fantomex (Equipped with his trenchcoat, and 2 pistols from Minifig.Cat)

X-Force Deadpool (Equipped with twin katanas, and katana sheath)

Moon Knight (Equipped with his cape)

Back and Side views

11444451543_da45bdf56b_z.jpg

Alternate Views by Lumbrax, on Flickr

Any feedback on future printing is highly appreciated, thank you!

All three look good, but Moon Knight will be much improved by the addition of the upcoming white hood piece.

I'd love to see that Moon Knight design printed onto some more colors.

Back printing on the legs is a little strange. Has the print gone inside the leg pieces?

Back of leg printing is strange, although neat to see it is possible. I don't care about the bottom of the back of the leg, but it'd be nice to have more figures not be wearing thongs when the front is printed!

To be honest, I am unfamiliar with these heroes. I've heard of Deadpool, but only the red version we already have.

How did one go about getting custom figures printed and what was the pricing like?

Is it feasible to do it as a one time thing, or would it be best to do large numbers so you can sell some to make back your original investment?

They're great! They have so much detail.love them!

Would you mind sharing your secret as to how you accomplish this feat?

Thank you, I spent around 10-15 hours designing and perfecting each design you see here.

As for secrets of how I made them, there isn't much to it, I have just worked with Inkscape for a very long time now, and it has become a hobby just to see how much more detail I can fit in.

All three look good, but Moon Knight will be much improved by the addition of the upcoming white hood piece.

I'd love to see that Moon Knight design printed onto some more colors.

Agreed, I forgot that hood was coming out, but perhaps in the future we'll see a Moon Knight with his hood!

Back printing on the legs is a little strange. Has the print gone inside the leg pieces?

Yes, the print is actually on the inside of the leg, I did not print these myself, so I am not sure exactly what method is used to do this, but the actual figures look very impressive with the print inside the leg.

Back of leg printing is strange, although neat to see it is possible. I don't care about the bottom of the back of the leg, but it'd be nice to have more figures not be wearing thongs when the front is printed!

To be honest, I am unfamiliar with these heroes. I've heard of Deadpool, but only the red version we already have.

How did one go about getting custom figures printed and what was the pricing like?

Is it feasible to do it as a one time thing, or would it be best to do large numbers so you can sell some to make back your original investment?

Indeed, the completely blank white or black belt often throws me off as well when I see it on custom figures, I used to use the same approach, but decided to move onto a more flowing design for the figures, making them look as one piece.

Yes, Moon Knight and Fantomex definitely aren't as well known as Deadpool. Moon Knight is, in essence, a white MARVEL version of Batman. He is a billionaire, but also has a lot of street fighting skills, and a similar personality to Batman, except that he has Multiple Personality Disorder, making for some very interesting evidence gathering. Fantomex is more of a character of mystery and deceptions. He also has a thing called E.V.A. who flew out of his mouth when he was younger, and they share a sort of symbiotic relationship. Then obviously the Deadpool outfit is just him when he joined X-Force. There are also X-Force costumes for Psylocke, Wolverine, Cable, Colossus, Domino, Spiral, and quite a few others.

As for the printing, I have been in the customizing business for a long time, and know quite a few people who print, or have access to a printer. I believe there have been some discussions on here about where to print and for how much.

These I am actually currently selling, and I had them printed in bulk of 50 figures each.

How did you get them printed, and if you don't mind sharing, how much did it cost you?

I find it unprofessional to state the cost of printing. But I did mention that I had them printed by EclipseGrafx.

I find it unprofessional to state the cost of printing. But I did mention that I had them printed by EclipseGrafx.

Totally understandable.