CopMike

CUUSOO LEGO® NASA SLCR

I am surely getting this one together with thr parisian restaurant. If i read all the comments i am beginning to understand why TLG did not do a early release for the PR with this beauty coming up

Very nice! A good price too, always the best part (besides the actual model and parts :P)!

Does anyone know if 1st of january is a global release or a usa date? And if so can anyone tell me the europe ( netherlands ) releasedate?

I placed an order for one at 12am EST last night. It looks like S@H is out of stock until late January.

I'm really excited to finally have a decent model of Curiosity and I think she'll be happy on my desk. My next project might be a larger Mars diorama made of Lego.

I built this set last night and I must say it is quite awesome! Lots of little details and you can tell 99% of the model was designed by a fellow AFOL. Fantastic set and worth the price.

There is however one big problem that Lego seems to have forgotten when redesigning the new "MAHLI" arm. Lego used two connector plates instead of one like Stephen had on the original and now the arm can no longer be folded away. The arm is not attached far enough away from the chassis and the white slope prevents it from sitting flush. I would consider this a major flaw since it is one of Curiosity's main features!

I received this yesterday as well and put it together, actually really liked it. One of the more challenging builds in a while, the ball joint piece on both sides and getting that right. Way more fun to do this one vs the Eiffel Tower...It sits nicely on the "rocks" on the baseplate and can move around pretty well.

I am not super sure what Justin means on the arm, but you are right, nothing can be folded away, still if you are just building it and displaying it, this is a great set. I like this one better than the Hayabusa one, do not have the Shinkai, but I think out of all the Cuusoo one's this is my favorite.

So is this an online exclusive? I went to a Lego Store today, and an employee said they wouldn't be getting any in store. Sounds odd to me, but the paragraph on the first page does specifically say "LEGO Shop Online".

I don't think it is. Demand is high right now and Lego probably wanted to fill online orders first.

The original design is on the left and 21104 is on the right. The white slope highlighted in pink prevents the arm from folding inward. The arm attachment point on 21104 does not stick out as far(1/3 of a brick) and this also prevents the arm from folding flat. Not a big deal if the set is displayed with the arm extended but why change this to begin with?

r6j8.jpg

I just noticed that this set is Sold Out on the US S@H. Does anyone think this will become available again or is that it for this set?

Disregard, it's on back order now.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

As of now...

a1i1.png

I guess Lego does not like sharing profits, so it produces just a few...

Glad I have mine, not built yet though.

This one surprised me of being sold out quicker than the BTTF car and or Minecraft. Right now it's showing "Temporarily Out of Stock"...which means it may go "Sold Out" soon. I was debating on getting it or not...I'm passing on it.

This one surprised me of being sold out quicker than the BTTF car and or Minecraft. Right now it's showing "Temporarily Out of Stock"...which means it may go "Sold Out" soon. I was debating on getting it or not...I'm passing on it.

The lego land discovery centre in Toronto has some. And I believe the lego store at yorkdale does too. If you're in the Toronto area

I back-ordered Curiosity when it briefly became available on February 10, with an expected availability date of March 9. Within a few hours, the set had gone back to Temporarily Out of Stock status, and has apparently remained that way since. Did anyone else manage to order it on Feb. 10? I have yet to hear from LEGO, so I assume it wasn't actually available to ship this week.

Peter

As of now...

(image not quoted)

I guess Lego does not like sharing profits, so it produces just a few...

Glad I have mine, not built yet though.

I very much doubt it was anything like that; they still make profit from each one they sell, and they don't mind whether a fan builder makes some money - they just want to make sure they do. It's more likely that they simply were cautious - they didn't want to have a huge amount of unsold inventory in case the set proved unpopular, so they made a relatively small initial run. Presumably (hopefully) they'll produce some more, and it'll become available once again.