Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

[LDD MOC] Space ninjas - Whitefang

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

11438289655_84bc5a25ff_b.jpg

"The Kaze clan is famous for their "Sen renga no Ryû"-class fighter, who overclass every other fighters both in speed and agility.

Jun Takaeda, leader of the Kaze clan, pilots the Whitefang, one of the first Sen renga Ryû ever built.

The Kaze clan rebelled against the tyrannous Karogo, leader of the Ishi clan, who took control of the Space ninjas world thanks to its swarm of

dragon riders."

Took a break today from my next LDD project to build something else. I really wanted to build for my Space ninjas theme :blush:

11438459543_0a123e4abd_b.jpg

11438326994_7d6f987733_b.jpg

11438325824_667d074871_b.jpg

11438285635_26c959f5fa_b.jpg

11438455943_2dfe704daf_b.jpg

And because I like the colorscheme, here is Goldenfang :grin:

11438669533_be49a754d9_c.jpg

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Hey, it's what happens when you cross a Zerg Hydralisk with a spacecraft. :grin: Very cool; a nice blend of mechanical and organic.

Edited by TheOrcKing

Reminds me of the Basilisk fighters the Mandalorians from Star Wars fly in the comics.

Very cool. I don't have the parts to build these (or anything like them) in real life - but nicely done. Would they hold up, structurally, in the brick?

Eitherway, I really enjoy the underbellies of the dragons and the engines on the wings.

Hey, it's what happens when you cross a Zerg Hydralisk with a spacecraft. :grin: Very cool; a nice blend of mechanical and organic.

Thanks. I tried to cross an hydralisk with a terran spacecraft once... didn't go very well :grin:

Reminds me of the Basilisk fighters the Mandalorians from Star Wars fly in the comics.

I've never seen those fighters, I'll have to take a look.

Very cool. I don't have the parts to build these (or anything like them) in real life - but nicely done. Would they hold up, structurally, in the brick?

Eitherway, I really enjoy the underbellies of the dragons and the engines on the wings.

Getting the parts will be very hard, since the dragon head don't exist in plain color. I'm not sure if the structure would hold in real brick. I think it will, but the S shape won't :wink:

Reminds me of the Basilisk fighters the Mandalorians from Star Wars fly in the comics.6.gif

Thanks! It's always nice to receive praises from bots :grin:

Did some minor changes to the cockpit/head area, and did a comparison between two rendering styles:

11456553245_35e33fa916_c.jpg

11456740255_627f3fdd11_c.jpg

Also I modified the original model to make it more bricklinkable... But there are still some rares pieces, like obviously the dragon head :look:

Once more a beautiful, original masterpiece of spacecraft design! You never faul to surprise with thise superb curves to give your models that extra organic tint. On this one, I especially like different curve pieces on the sides that evoque scales perfectly. The motors, on the other hand, seem a bit thrown on... is there a way you could integrate those more into the body? Than you could use them as shoulders, or bulging muscles at the same time. Just some ideas...

So congrats with your fantastic model! I bet there's a super-duper cannon or even a flamethrower hidden inside that head...

Once more a beautiful, original masterpiece of spacecraft design! You never faul to surprise with thise superb curves to give your models that extra organic tint. On this one, I especially like different curve pieces on the sides that evoque scales perfectly. The motors, on the other hand, seem a bit thrown on... is there a way you could integrate those more into the body? Than you could use them as shoulders, or bulging muscles at the same time. Just some ideas...

So congrats with your fantastic model! I bet there's a super-duper cannon or even a flamethrower hidden inside that head...

There is no space in the body to integrate anything, but I slightly changed how they the wings are attached.

And at a time, I actually put a big flamethrower inside the head with the tip just between the front teeth :wink:

Did some minor changes so that it is actually bricklinkable in some color combinations. White and light bluish gray is I think the best and cheapest (approx 130$ all new).

11493880545_96c1b0fdf2_b.jpg

11494059626_5460f54056_b.jpg

Woah, very nice! Though I like the gold one slightly more... this is still amazing!

Woah, very nice! Though I like the gold one slightly more... this is still amazing!

Thanks, but as I said, the golden one isn't buildable... but is still very pretty :classic:

Awesome fighter :thumbup: :thumbup: The shape is simply amazing, as well as uncommon :wink:

Awesome fighter :thumbup: :thumbup: The shape is simply amazing, as well as uncommon :wink:

Thanks Wedge. I try to build uncommon things each time. :classic:

Beautiful! Have you checked how much money should be spend to build it? :) If you could share the LDD file, it would be awesome!

Beautiful! Have you checked how much money should be spend to build it? :) If you could share the LDD file, it would be awesome!

Thanks. The white and grey version cost around 100-120$ (without port).

I won't share the LDD file for now, since I want to be sure it can really be build. If when build it holds together and don't fall apart, I'll try to do proper instructions.

hey, Bob, this should be called "Space Cobra" - definitely! :grin:

And again I can say I like it for its abstracts shape of "S" and the lower part fuselage :thumbup: