Hello!

Some years ago I made a miniature version of the 8868 classic technic set. It's a 1:2 scale model of the original set.

The pictures could be better, but I made them in 2010, back then I didn't care much about lights and background.

Original:

http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=3727866

My version:

Folder: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=429085

002_1024x768.jpg

003_1024x768.jpg

006_1024x768.jpg

026_1024x768.jpg

028_1024x768.jpg

I tried to make a model also of the V6 engine:

016_1024x768.jpg

Like the original, it has a pneumatic compressor:

012_1024x768.jpg

You can control the small pneumatic cylinder which can raise/lower the claw arm in the back with this pneumatic switch. In the original 8868, this switch is placed similar.

(there are sticker copys about the original's stickers to show the arm's positions)

014_1024x768.jpg

You can steer it with HOG, and a micromotor drives the vehicle (unfortunately back then I used a cutted piece in the drive shaft, but it can be made with regular Lego pieces - I"m planning to make this mini 8868 again in a better way)

024_1024x768.jpg

022_1024x768.jpg

Of course, it has cables for powering the compressor's 71427 motor and for the micromotor. The claw arm can be only raised, and a small rubber band is responsible for the backward movement:

028_1024x768.jpg

With the small 8t gear in the right side of the cabin you can rotate the upper structure. This is the mechanism to make it:

http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=4453741

Video:

Edited by Mbmc

Wow!!! Exellent work! 100% correlation with original set!!! It should be a technic set too ))))

Thanks all!

I'm planning to make more flagships in this size, the only problem I have limited time nowadays. 8868 is also one of my favourite sets too. It's the perfect '90s technic set, and a very good part package.

I agree with those before me. Seeing it like this makes it fr'deeking adorable! That's an amazing job of cramming the functions into such a small body!

Oh my god, it's adorable! Maybe I should try my hand at a mini flagship sometime. I wish Lego made sets like this... :wub:

Like the others said allready, really nicely done! What other flagships are you planning to make in this size?

Thanks!

I don't know yet exactly, which flagships will be made, but likely the followings: 8479, 8862, 8466, 8421, 8258 (extremely likely), 8110 (with the new 49,5x20 "small Unimog wheel"), maybe 8285.

Edited by Mbmc

Your welcome! Of course all flagships would be really nice, but the 8258 sounds very interesting to me! Nice to see it's extremely likely :classic:

No, this topic isn't for mini building. If it were, the title would be "mini versions of Lego technic sets". Arvo's cars are fantastic, but others: they have no motorized or working functions. They are more models, mine (8868) more focuses on the autentic functions (compressor, pneumatic valve, steering - similar like 8868's solutions) When I wrote about the planned mini set mocs, I thought about mini models with some working functions, which are similar, like in the original technic sets.