BearHeart

Whats up with the Airbender?

Does anyone have any news regarding the Avatar license? Even though I'm not into the show, I think the sets came with great pieces for those into the Castle theme or a fantasy theme.

i though it was pointless making that theme! who likes that show atall! there could have been better things to make sets of but they go for avatar a show no one has ever heard about! *wacko*

I'm not exactly sure but didn't TLC got the Nickelodeon Licence ?? Meaning a global licence permitting to venture into whatever Nick show of their choosing ??

I mean regarding Batman I think that TLC has a general DC licence, and for SW as well !!

*yoda*

I have seen the last Airbender, and it was not a bad cartoon, much better than that stuff like pokemon, digmon, beyblade and the very stupid Dragon Ball Z with aggressive punks who groan like they're having a whale baby :-D

Now serious, I think Lego has very much Lines, maybe to much lines.

They can only make +/- 50? new sets a year, so when they make more lines, there are less sets in each line

They have the City sets and the starwars sets which are sell good and they want to make a new castle line this year , a new space line and a new Aqua line. They want to continue the exo-force and Spongebob sets.

And they want a Harry Potter set which line is decreased in one set this year, so they must choose.

And I'm afraid the Airbender sets didn't sold well enough to give it an extra year.

i though it was pointless making that theme! who likes that show atall! there could have been better things to make sets of but they go for avatar a show no one has ever heard about! *wacko*

I've watched the show and it is quite good. Don't blast it if you haven't even seen it.

I'm not exactly sure but didn't TLC got the Nickelodeon Licence ?? Meaning a global licence permitting to venture into whatever Nick show of their choosing ??

I don't know if TLC has a global Nick license because the other day, I saw (sorry God Of The Bricks) some megablo... Dora and Diego sets.

Like I said before, with the Avatar licenses, TLC would have been able to give us better sets than the current two.

Just happy that SB is more succesfull!

I'm pretty critical of anime most of the time, and aside from the voice/behaviour/fact that he's 12 of Aang and some of the script, it's not a bad show at all. Then you get the sets, which, even though I don't own any, look very nice, especially the ship. A lot better, I think you should agree, than most of the SB sets. Even though it's not as popular, Avatar has higher-quality sets, IMO. It's a shame that there are no more being released this year, and that they're not coming to the UK. But still a good show with good sets, so don't criticize it just because it looks like every other anime show, cuz it's way above average, IMO.

I have seen the last Airbender, and it was not a bad cartoon, much better than that stuff like pokemon, digmon, beyblade and the very stupid Dragon Ball Z with aggressive punks who groan like they're having a whale baby :-D

Now serious, I think Lego has very much Lines, maybe to much lines.

They can only make +/- 50? new sets a year, so when they make more lines, there are less sets in each line

They have the City sets and the starwars sets which are sell good and they want to make a new castle line this year , a new space line and a new Aqua line. They want to continue the exo-force and Spongebob sets.

And they want a Harry Potter set which line is decreased in one set this year, so they must choose.

And I'm afraid the Airbender sets didn't sold well enough to give it an extra year.

*Reads DBZ comment*

HEY!

...Super Saiyan Whale Babies. Actually has a plot, too.

Avatar is an excellent show. Probably the best American made animation. Very popular in the demographics where Lego wants to sell (Boys 8-14), and girls like it too (it has an excellent strong female co-lead).

However, two things went wrong IMHO:

1) Nick is not really promoting the show for some reason. The third season is delayed and people may be starting to lose interest

2) The avatar sets were so so. The temple was truly lame. The ship was good value for money, but not the most attractive set in the world. Unless you are a huge Avatar fan, or just want the parts, it doesn't exactly jump off the shelf at you.

This is the exactly opposite as what happened with SB: Huge marketing by Nick, and visually very attractive Lego sets.

I love that show. It is highly underrated in my opinion. On wikipedia they say tyhere is to be more sets coming out this year, but I doubt that

I love that show. It is highly underrated in my opinion. On wikipedia they say tyhere is to be more sets coming out this year, but I doubt that

Yeah, ive seen them. Unfortunately, they're fake :-(

*Reads DBZ comment*

HEY!

Sorry, I heard from a friend it actually has a plot, but I never found the plot

And the eternal groaning guys in the air were to annoying to follow the show :-D

But I don't say its forbidden to like it ;-)

Those comparisons are... pretty bad themselves tho :-X

Go watch Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle or Revolutionary Girl Utena...

Why I didn't buy any Airbender sets? ugly colors that I never use. And the main character minifig's manaical grin 8-

I don't think there going to make more the market is just to small i don't like sponge bob but

there making more sets becouse alot of people do like it but when you market to

a small audence it just dosn't work.

I think Avatar is a great show, it has lots of drama for a kid's show, and it has some pretty sweet fight scenes. *y*

I heard that Nick doesn't like anime, and that's why the Avatar show and LEGO sets are delayed and unadvertised. The producers of Avatar went against Nick to make an anime influenced show, so I'm sure there is some bias against the show here. And maybe Nick cancelled Avatar's LEGO license, it's a sad prospect really.

The sets weren't awesome, but they were good piece wise and the soldier minifigures rocked. And there's plenty of other possible sets that could be produced.

I resent that.

Avatar is by FAR one of the very best cartoons out on the market currently. Its intricate and highly addictive storyline combined with absolutely stunning animation has drawn crowds from all over, ranging from children to adults. It's unique, it's not a dub and is a visually stunning rollercoaster. But if you're looking for guns and projectile based weapons, you won't find it here. But if you have a taste for some extravagant landscapes, riveting battle sequences and prodigious characters, than Avatar is most certainly for you.

See, when you're watching Avatar, you're not watching a cartoon. You're watching an epic.

Thing about Avatar is, it's a very deep and serious show with some genuinely funny moments scattered all over the place. That's perhaps why Nick doesn't advertise it as much. Compared to its other shows, Avatar stands out in stark contrast in both style and theme.

Avatar has incredible potential for great sets. Unfortunately, LEGO hasn't tapped into 98% of it. Within the past season, we've been shown an enormous variety of simply stunning designs ranging from buildings to costumes that I personally think would be stunning when converted into LEGO. It would really add to not only the Castle theme, but also add an Asia theme, continuing where Johnny Thunder left off!

Anyhoo, the main reason why the Avatar LEGO line hasn't been that is that most Avatar fans don't even know they exist! I talked to a friend recently and she didn't know at all. Also, the price tags on the current line of sets are pretty hefty to say the least. Heck, even an advid fan like myself can't or won't cough up enough cash for those things. I can always Bricklink the figs though! :-D

I whole heartedly agree with you Mr.KMOI. Avatar is a sweet show that I can't get enough of! I'm tempted to make some fake Avatar sets for the future, but I doubt that I will get much response due to the apparent lack of intrest for Avatar. *n*

KMOI you mentioned the vast amount of LEGO sets that could still be produced, you are defintly correct! Imagine the tank from the episode -"The Chase" or any of the Earth kingdom castles -the possibilities are endless!

I think LEGO is losing out by not ordering more of these sets, despite most FOL reactions.

*Reads DBZ comment*

HEY!

Woooh, I wanna see a Giant-yellow-monkey super sayan baby whale!!! that could be soooo much fun :-D

I have to agree with the fact that LEGO is missing an opertunity here. The show has many a great thing that would be wonderfull if done in LEGO. Very much potential if done right.

My personal opinion is that Sponge Bob should be dropped. It shouldn't even be considered a cartoon. Its a nice representation of some messed up minds working for nick. *n*

xenologer,

Did you mention Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle by chance? Now show me some fine master builder quality TRC sets, and I would be sold in a heartbeat (based off the manga that is-the anime was kiddi-ised). This brings up an idea I have for a I-Spy moc for a layout. Find the clueless out of place travelers. ;-)