Sign in to follow this  
samlr

[MOC/LDD] La Poste Du Louvre - Modular

Hello everybody !

I wanted to share with you my first modular MOC; La Poste Du Louvre !

[EDIT]

You can now find the lxf files here :

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/samlr/PosteDuLouvre/floor_1.lxf

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/samlr/PosteDuLouvre/floor_2.lxf

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/samlr/PosteDuLouvre/floor_3.lxf

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/samlr/PosteDuLouvre/roof.lxf

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/samlr/PosteDuLouvre/complete.lxf

Try to find the skeleton !

[/EDIT]

11381289085_f7dafa4e4c_o.png

For a big city project, I wanted to have parisian type buildings buildings. I first thought about La Poste Du Louvre because every city needs a post office and because it's typically the kind of building you'll find in Paris. It's known by everyone how live in Paris because it's the only post office opened 24/7. It's life saving when you forgot to send you university inscription form or your income tax declaration :D

The architect who designed the building in 1878 is Julien Guadet. It inspired me for the front of the building. The roof and the interior are from my imagination.

11381120886_eebab784d6_o.png

11381246693_ca7e81f950_c.jpg

11381119806_f1e21f74ed_c.jpg

You can find more picture on my flickr gallery :

And this is a link to wikipedia article about La Poste Du Louvre :

http://fr.wikipedia....trale_du_Louvre

It's made of 4500 parts. I plan to add two side wings to bring it to 96 studs long, and correct some details. Before I do this, I'd really like to know what you think about it and what you believe could be improved ?

Best regards,

SamLR

Edited by samlr

Personally, I am highly impressed! There are so many interesting uses of bricks that I don't know where to start!

Will this ever be seen in real bricks? :)

Personally, I am highly impressed! There are so many interesting uses of bricks that I don't know where to start!

Will this ever be seen in real bricks? :)

Thank you ! And yes, I plan to brick it, when it will be completely finalized with the 2 side wings.

Very nice digital creation 'samlr', though no computers or is it set in the past ? :wink:

Brick On LDD On 'samlr' ! :wink:

You are right ! It's missing some modern technologies. I'll add that. Thanks !

Excellent facade and great interior detailing. You have to build this in real bricks!

Thanks ! I'll work on it !

Nice!!! Id love to see it in bricks!

You really managed to create the french post office atmosphere!

Being french, I can't do something else than loving your building! Good job!

Edited by Zed_43

This is great!! I particularly like the facade and the nice solution for hiding the gaps created by the spiral staircase.

I'm looking forward to seeing this in real bricks!

This is a lovely building, architecturally, and for a first modular it's hugely impressive. Your interiors are more than decent, too :) so yes! Please build it. If you expand it according to your plans, I'm sure it'll be nothing short of spectacular!

Yeah this is an awesome building! The details on the façade are really well done and close to the original, and I like the roof you've given it. I particularly like the 'shop' set back from the street with the arches going over the side walk, I've been thinking about this for a long time for a MOC of my own but haven't been inspired to build it, this may well be the inspiration I need!!

And your interior is really well done too, there are some fantastic features you have included, my favourite being the chicken statue in the office, great touch :wub:

I look forward to the add on and to the brick built version, happy building :laugh:

This looks like a great project...can't wait to see it brickbuilt. You have really captured the architecture brilliantly with your design and detailing.

Very nice MOC.

Are you planning to build the whole "rue du Louvre"?

Very nice render from the LDD file.

Thank you ! LDD-to-POV does a good job rendering (if you are very patient) ! I'll start by completing "La Poste Du Louvre" before realizing the hole street :grin:

WOW what an impressive MOC! :thumbup:

I like how is huge this beautiful palace! :wub:

Thanks ! :sweet:

Nice!!! Id love to see it in bricks!

You really managed to create the french post office atmosphere!

Being french, I can't do something else than loving your building! Good job!

Merci ! Are you talking about the pause room ? :blush:

This is great!! I particularly like the facade and the nice solution for hiding the gaps created by the spiral staircase.

I'm looking forward to seeing this in real bricks!

Thank you ! I had a look at your gallery, you build nice modulars ! You don't mind if I use some of your techniques ?

This is a lovely building, architecturally, and for a first modular it's hugely impressive. Your interiors are more than decent, too :) so yes! Please build it. If you expand it according to your plans, I'm sure it'll be nothing short of spectacular!

Thanks !

It really motiving to see all your positive comments ! I've already started to design the extension. I'll keep you informed !

It will take a while (and alot of orders on BL) to build it for real. I really plan on doing it and i hope it will be good enough so that the associations here in France let me expose it !

Thank you ! I had a look at your gallery, you build nice modulars ! You don't mind if I use some of your techniques ?

Thanks! I don't mind at all.

Looks very simillar to the original building, bien vu!

Look forward to the real build even if I understand it'll take a few BLs so it might not be tomorrow... :wink:

Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Merci ! Are you talking about the pause room ? :blush:

:laugh: LOL!!!!But not at all! But it could! I was talking about the display window wich is perfectly made!

Very nicely built/designed. Even though it is one primary color, it doesn't feel like a giant wall, so the texturing helps quite a bit.

I've never been to France, but it looks very appealing.

Keep up the great work!

Thank you all for your messages ! I'm visiting Paris now and I went to take pictures of La Poste Du Louvre. I'll post the LDD files as soon as I come back home. Happy holidays !

Very impressive building you have created in Lego 'samir'. I realy like these 'Grand' style post offices and hope that TLG will bring out one in the modular series. Can't wait to see you put this into real bricks. The interior is just as impressive and gives it that feeling of a great building.

I like it! Parisian style is one of the most powerful for modular building.

This post office is a great idea! :thumbup:

Edited by vean

J'adore! L'architecture parisienne est l'une des plus adaptée pour les modèles modulaires.

Ce bureau de poste est une super idée! :thumbup:

Because Eurobricks is an international site, we only allow English as a language. Please refrain from posting in other languages. Thank you.

A very impressive build! The detailing on the facade, including that text, is lovely! :classic:

Edited by Bipin