Sign in to follow this  
Kristel

Winter Village: Kissing Booth (Contest Entry)

Hi! Here's my entry to this year's Expand the Winter Village Contest, the Kissing Booth. Hope you like it!

11378231034_ddbf3c8595_c.jpg

11378308813_a8e320b935_c.jpg

Manning the booth is hard work, so the girls are taking turns, and keeping warm by the fire between shifts.

11378298153_57198ca8d4_c.jpg

More images on flickr.

Thanks for looking. C&C welcome!

A very nice original concept for this contest. I like the detail if the booth and the queue of Lego blokes that I would imagine could continue into another few baseplates. ;)

Cute girls with brains it seems. I would not be surprised if there is showing up some guy competition soon.

I love how you put the booth at an angle on the curved front base plate and added the fire and resting bench.

Good luck in the contest.

Totally AWESOME.....dam, another great entry......love the line up, makes the imagination wonder (must remind myself that Lego is meant for children.). :blush:

Custom sticker eh ? :wink:

I love the adding machine to keep track on who pashes the most ! :laugh:

Good luck 'Kristel' and Brick On ! :grin:

Awesome. My daughter is cracking up at your entry. It might be even funnier if you could put an angry-faced Lego female getting upset at her boyfriend being in line...

Clever. Looks like a good money maker. Girls are going to need more lipsticks. That third guy in line seems kind of familiar. :classic:

Fantastic entry and very original! And the girls seem to be raking in the cash, good on 'em!!!

Good luck and happy building :laugh:

An original idea that's well executed and it's making people smile - what's not to like?

Love it!

Hahahahaha! Falling off my chair laughing! What a lovely entry! And sure to make lots of money for that lucky charity! Wow!

Great entry! I hope no one gets stuck together because of the moisture of kissing and the subzero temps in the Winter Village ;)

Also usually kising booths used to be 1,2,5 or maybe 10 dollars, she appers to be more expensive at $100 or maybe the $100 is for an extended kiss or several. ;) ;)

Good luck in the contest with an extremely unique entry.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

A simple and cute idea executed flawlessly, and I love the way that you mixed minifigs & minidolls so effectively.

Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments! It means a lot to me.

There were a couple of strong themes coming through. Firstly, the need for lipstick and, secondly, the top dollar paid for the kisses.

On the first, this is something my 6.y.o. daughter apparently agrees with. The conversation I had with her went something like this:

Me: It's a kissing booth.

She: The boys pay her some money and she gives them a kiss?

Me: Yes.

She: OK, she's going to need some lipstick.

At this point I'm wondering what they are teaching her at school / who's she's hanging out with because that is something that definitely didn't come from me!

On the second, the looks on the guys faces suggests the kisses are worth it. And it's for charity, after all.

Clever. Looks like a good money maker. Girls are going to need more lipsticks. That third guy in line seems kind of familiar. :classic:

Out of uniform, so the wife doesn't spot you! :wink:

Awesome. My daughter is cracking up at your entry. It might be even funnier if you could put an angry-faced Lego female getting upset at her boyfriend being in line...

That would be funny!

That's a lot of money! Love the grandpa in the line too. Good luck in the contest!

I suspect you're never too old to enjoy a kiss from a pretty girl!

Haha. Real cute, and of course the guys are paying top dollar. It would be rude not to. :blush:

Thanks! I agree, it would be rude. :grin: