I have an idea for a model that i'd like to propose to lego.

However, i need to know which wheels that lego still produces are suited for the new wheel hubs? I am looking at smaller wheels, the new crane wheels being the biggest i'd consider.

hmmm i think that those you already considered are the smallest that lego produces at the moment...

Hm... ok. They will do i suppose. Would be interesting to see the comparison in wheels ize between 8421 and 42009.

You could use an Wedge Belt and connect the wheel with an axle. But you probably tought about that already.

you know what i'd really like to see?

some wheel hubs like the newcoming ones that are on the snowmobile but with the U joint inside of them ending in a 2 axle....so i could finally make small front driven axles...

Well, i plan to make a transverse engined front wheel driven van with macpherson suspension in the front. The van could be made r/c with the new servo and a pf motor and you would be able to modify it heavily.

The cab would stay the same untill the B pillar, then you could make a flatbed, a car transporter, a double axle in the back, a camper.... Completly modular, thanks to the fwd concept.

Most of it would be done with panels and the boxed liftarms + new dogbone.

I have something in the style of the VW T5, Ford Transit, Fiat ducato in mind...

Edited by nicjasno

What kind of model are you proposing, exactly? Oh, I see. sounds cool, but don't you dislike the 42000 hubs?

Edited by Saberwing40k

I think he'll be using the modified ones that actually work very nicely. MT wheels come to mind, but I might be misinterpreting what you're saying. I'm not exactly sure what wheel diameter you want.

Well, i dislike the hubs, but if i want to make a model to propose to lego, i can't use modified stuff, can i?

They may be a tad too small. And i don't want a low profile tire on a van.

Edited by nicjasno

Well I think if it's a van, then MT wheels should be perfect. Not sure if you can have 5-stud tall suspension with those though... :sceptic:

I'm sorry for reviving an old topic, but I didn't find another topic suitable for my question and didn't want to start a new one.

I know many people on this forum use non-Lego tires for their MOCs, does anyone have any tips for non-Lego tires in the style of 92912, 94.3 x 38 R, about 2 studs bigger in diameter?

I would like to have a few for a MOC I have, and would appreciate any tips.

Thanks in advance.

I have built a tractor, and need something about 2 studs bigger than the Unimog tires to get the right size.

I'll check out the results I can find on Norwegian sites.

EDIT - I found a nice looking tire in this web store and bought it. I had to cut off a bit of the edge on both sides to fit it on the rim, but it works fine.

Edited by Error404

Sorry for reviving this old thread, but I’m currently trying to build a FWD transversely mounted with Gearbox, engine and dif. Small YouTube video below

Ive got this far and whilst it’s only at the Mk3 stage, let me know what you think. 

P.S. if you see some of your designs in my build, thanks for the inspiration!

https://youtu.be/lHk8MhMQSrQ

Edited by Legotyres
Explanation for the YouTube link