sdrnet

MOC: Winter Village Chalet (Restaurant and bedrooms)

Winter Village Chalet (Restaurant and bedrooms)

11338486236_1173f5a49c_c.jpg

This is my second great moc for my new Winter Village 2014. A MOC that are also very fond of because it took me a remarkable job. Unlike the Farm, which could have an architectural orientation of American type, this chalet is very European indeed very Italian!

The building is a little bit smaller than the farm but has a large number of small items, and then brings the piece count to about 2600.

The chalet is structured with a restaurant on the ground floor which is accessed from the main doorway and offers its customers the cozy bedrooms upstairs which is accessed by a wooden staircase on the front.

The restaurant has tables set up with tablecloths, plates, glasses and candles to create the right atmosphere. We also find the classic crackling fireplace, a Christmas tree, and on the right side there is a corner with little bar, cash, coffee maker and a small sink.

Upstairs there are 3 bedrooms, one single, one double bed and two twin beds in the attic. On the same floor I made a small bathroom with shower, sink and toilet.

I tried to make the building in a rustic stone walls wooden beams between a floor and the other, a sloping roof and wooden floors with double color in the bedroom and more stone tile floor in the restaurant. The roof is only supported, but thanks to a precise interplay of connections it allows good stability and at the same time a high speed of removal in order to better observe the interior of the bedrooms and the bathroom. The interior upstairs is also removable to be able to see more easily the restaurant.

To change a little bit the predominant color that could be the gray of the stone I decided to make the walls of the central part of the Chalet with a valuable but very rustic sand-green :sweet:

Thank you all for watching and for your comments. :wink:

Sandro

Lateral View:

11338421055_a2b2946398_c.jpg

Rear View and interior:

11338485516_6143eb669e_c.jpg

The Restaurant:

11338482456_afa8b1188f_c.jpg

The Bedrooms:

11338550283_6e1b3b84ab_c.jpg

Top View:

11338486446_babdd45eb6_c.jpg

The complete gallery images:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49191153@N08/sets/72157638607227773/with/11338485516/

Incredible! Just today a had an idea about building an alpen "Hütte" which is something similar to this, and then this post came.

I love everthing in it: The xmas decors, the flwer pattern on the bed, the bathromm with the skewed ceiling, oh my gosh the radiator on the hallway! Fantastic work.

This looks awesome, it reminds me of the tiroler ski lodges in Austria when I was there on skiing vacation.

Love all the small details in there like the radiator, the coat racks, different bed sheets, reindeer head(?) made of Indiana Jones whips and the brightly coloured flowers.

Edit: Looks like Yohaa and me appreciate the same things, should update before posting

Edited by NoEinstein

This is outstanding work...The exterior work and detailing is beautifully crafted and the chalet looks so inviting. That alone would make this a perfect MOC but no there's more. The interior is the cherry on top!! The upstairs bedrooms and the little touches you added around the inside really brings this MOC to life.

So far the best Winter MOC I've seen this year :D....can you put this up for 1st prize in the Winer Market Contest :D

Holy wow! This is a phenomenal build! Everything in it is done to perfection, from the wonderful use of round plates and brick bricks for stone work to compliment the sand green on the exterior :wub_drool: , to the attention to detail in the interior. IMO, this is a better build than your farm (but that is a tall order, I love them both!!!), I just love the interior, so many little builds with all of the furniture you have fitted in!! :wub_drool:

I am quite glad this doesn't fit into the contest criteria, that alone will give the rest of us a chance to win!! :tongue:

Great work and happy building :laugh:

Thank you to all !! :blush:

I am quite glad this doesn't fit into the contest criteria, that alone will give the rest of us a chance to win!! :tongue:

In fact, I had decided to participate with this moc if the competition was like last year. The rules have changed ... patience! :cry_sad:

Be warned though I still think to participate with a 16x16 base! :laugh::tongue:

Love it!! Well done!

p.s. Don't enter the comp... Please! :cry_sad:

I'm putting the finishing touches to my entry which will hopefully be posted soon - and I want a chance to win! :blush:

WOW! Impresssive! There's a lot of work in this MOC. So many details and good ideas of part uses! I'm a huge fan of your MOC!

You remade the 2 different ambiance of a restaurant room and dorms!!!! Great job sdrnet!!!!

Well done. I like the coziness of all the rooms and there are so many details, but I really like the shelter under the stairway and the bathroom.

What's behind that wooden door next to the firewood?

What's behind that wooden door next to the firewood?

At the moment it is a simple utility but some have suggested that I make the entrance to a winery!

So many small details! The candles, the radiator, but what I like the best is the "curvy" snow on the roof :classic: Well done!

Edited by ScotNick

First, I like the plate built doors :thumbup: , then the interior :wub: and delightful exterior :grin: .......excellent designing there 'sdmet' and Brick On ! :grin:

This is awesome! :wub:

The details inside and outside are just fantastic. I particularly like how you've done the bedspreads!

Very well done. I like the details of everything. You have created a nice scene here.

I like the stone work around the base. And I love the balcony off the side.

The bedrooms look cozy enough. That master bed is quite large though!!

Keep up the great work!

This is absolutely gorgeous. The exterior is very nice, with all that texture, the nice colours and everything, but for me the interiors are what really makes this thing pop. Those bedrooms are just lovely. As somebody else said above - this would be on my shopping list if it were a set. I really, really like it. Well done!

Thanks again to everyone for the wonderful comments.

Soon I will insert this model on Cuusoo.

I really enjoy looking at your work. You are very good at giving life and warmth to plastic bricks. I have learned a lot from you. Thank you very much for sharing with us.