indexed.gif

Well here's my build for Category B of Challenge I.

The fortress has a full interior and all the doors/drawbridge/trapdoor work. The lava is lit in several spots. Legonardo inspired the roof of the fortress, while kris_kelvin and DR Church inspired the fortress itself. Also Captain Beerbeard suggested lighting the lava :thumbup:

I'd like to receive UoP credit for: roofing (one of three techniques) [Architecture], extreme environments [Landscape Design], life in Nocturnus [Anthropology], lighted builds [General Building]= 4 credits

Denrith Fortress is the base of operations for the pack under Gavin's leadership. Denrith provides a secure place of retreat after robbing passers by, or more recently after attacks on the Black Spire.

Gavin views the Black Spire as a threat to 'business' and thus all his efforts are now spent trying to bring about ruin for the Black Spire. The dungeon in Fenrith has held many kinds of prisoners over the years, but now it holds one Hand of Corruption soldier who the pack is interrogating for information about the Black Spire so that they can plan their next attack.

11327056576_25ffe5b7ba_z.jpg

left.JPG

11327055896_21232660b4_z.jpg

right.JPG

entrance.JPG

lava.JPG

interior2.JPG

interior.JPG

There are some more pictures here: link

All comments and criticism welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Excellent build! The patterning on the walls and the black roof are very well done. I really like the interior as well, and the lighting effect really adds to it too. Great entry!

Beautiful (if I can say that about a Nocty fortress haha!). The roof is great, and I like the general shape of the fortress- the tower isn't square or round, it's a different shape to what we usually see.

Excellent build! The patterning on the walls and the black roof are very well done. I really like the interior as well, and the lighting effect really adds to it too. Great entry!

Thanks! The roof took forever to design, but I'm happy with how it came out :classic:

Beautiful (if I can say that about a Nocty fortress haha!). The roof is great, and I like the general shape of the fortress- the tower isn't square or round, it's a different shape to what we usually see.

Thank you, and I purposely designed the fortress to be neither round nor square, I'd seen to many of those recently :laugh:

A very defensible structure, with a neat indoors. Well done..!

Thank you, glad you like the interiors :classic:

I love it! Great use of old grey and new bley pieces, and the lava, just amazing!

Thanks jeroenaa, I'm glad you noticed the use of dark grey and dark bley as I did that a bit more deliberately in this build than I have in the past :classic:

Excellent! Okay Spire- strike back at SK's awesome fortress.

Thanks ZC :sweet: And the Spire had better be careful, they wouldn't want to get roasted in all that lava :devil:

UoP DoH +1 on all claims. This is going to be difficult to compete with. Especially since I'm doing some lighting too.

I'm using Google Chrome and the website the images are hosted at isn't being recognized.

Edited by gedren_y

a classic sk build i might have to say, but I mean that in a very positive sense! It's a good thing to see how your style works even in the sinister environment of Nocturnus. Great glow in the dark effects?

Go Spire though!

I meant a more metaphorical strike back.

Well then, by all means Spire members go for it :thumbup:

UoP DoH +1 on all claims. This is going to be difficult to compete with. Especially since I'm doing some lighting too.

I'm using Google Chrome and the website the images are hosted at isn't being recognized.

Thanks! And that's odd about the pictures, I use Chrome myself and they're showing up fine :look:

Here's a link to the flickr set which has a few pictures: set

a classic sk build i might have to say, but I mean that in a very positive sense! It's a good thing to see how your style works even in the sinister environment of Nocturnus. Great glow in the dark effects?

Go Spire though!

Thanks kabel, and the lighting is accomplished by one LEGO light brick (in the lava fall on the left) and some electronic gizmos (an itouch and Walkman) under the main pool :classic:

Awesome stuff! I really like the overall shape of the fortress, very unique, and the details are lovely. I'm not sure if there is enough light in the build to make this even feasible, but a shot that was lit entirely from the lava lights would be really neat (get the build on a dark backdrop, in a really dark room, and use a really long exposure...)

The Black Spire doesn't stand a chance.

Awesome stuff! I really like the overall shape of the fortress, very unique, and the details are lovely. I'm not sure if there is enough light in the build to make this even feasible, but a shot that was lit entirely from the lava lights would be really neat (get the build on a dark backdrop, in a really dark room, and use a really long exposure...)

The Black Spire doesn't stand a chance.

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't think the lights would be bright enough to show much, even if they were I've already completely dissasembled the build :innocent:

Awesome work SK :thumbup: :thumbup: As usual very well detailed :wink:

Thanks Wedge :classic:

WOW!!!

In love with the lava and the roof! :wub:

Way to go and great MOC!

Thanks Jodocus, I'm glad you like the roof :classic:

Looks amazing! I love the roof technique, it's beautiful, and the flowing lava looks incredible, especially when lit. Team Black Spire better watch out! Nocturnus all the way!

Nice work SK! I really like the shaping on the building and the wrap-around roof. Hope the occupants have a good AC system!

The plants are kind of bugging me though. We all know Nocty's all sorts of weird, but plant life that close to zillion degree lava? :poke:

Looks amazing! I love the roof technique, it's beautiful, and the flowing lava looks incredible, especially when lit. Team Black Spire better watch out! Nocturnus all the way!

Thanks janatale! I got the idea for the roof design from this build by Legonardo:

11287117133_6255b2748e_b.jpg

Nice work SK! I really like the shaping on the building and the wrap-around roof. Hope the occupants have a good AC system!

The plants are kind of bugging me though. We all know Nocty's all sorts of weird, but plant life that close to zillion degree lava? :poke:

Thank you, and I did think about the plants being rather close to the lava, but I decided I liked their aesthetic enough that they were worth keeping even if they are a bit unrealistic :laugh:

great moc SK, i love the lights at the lava :) cool!!

anybody can give credits? if so +1 to all

Thank you, and I did think about the plants being rather close to the lava, but I decided I liked their aesthetic enough that they were worth keeping even if they are a bit unrealistic :laugh:

Here in Nocturnus, we have a flame retardant pesticide spray that's a waste product of our enchanted pumpkins.

anybody can give credits? if so +1 to all

That's Kaliphlin members only, it's their University Of Petrea course, which they assess.

Great work my friend. It surely will be hard to beat this one :wink:.

Great work my friend. It surely will be hard to beat this one :wink:.

Thanks Buurli! And I wouldn't want to make it easy to beat :wink: Though I think someone will beat it.

Loving the final product, SK!

The fortress looks sturdy and formidable, and the lava work came out fantastically!

Thank you, I always try to make my fortresses look sturdy :classic: