Legonardo

Deep in the dark of Mirkwood...

11338078566_bec0dfa35f_c.jpg

11343804646_c9063a1946_c.jpg

Rhosgobel, home to Radagast the Brown

Better and more pictures later

Today the hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is released (this is or is not true depending on your location obviously). this is my favorite building that has appeared in the movie, well to be honest, any movie. I love the house, the character, everything.

special thanks to

legopard, for inspiring me

Captain Beery & my nerd crew for providing information about accuracy and such

lego junkie, Derfel Cadarn and Si-mocs for some usefull advice

TLG for putting so much sand green in Helms deep

And brickthing for telling me my rabbits looked horrible :p

enjoy!

Also going into CCC and Mike Doyles "Beautiful Lego: Dark" contests

Edited by Legonardo

Very nice, I enjoy your building style, I might come to you when I'm in the mood to build a main land house, my house building skills are outdated and still very basic :laugh: .

good luck in the contest.

It looks awesome, can't wait to see more pictures !!

Seems like Radagast used one of Pinocchio's leg to consolidate the left part of the second floor :grin:

Simply stunning. Each and every rendition of this location is magical to me. An d you've only made it better!

The tree roots are really what stands out. They're quite unique, beautifully angled and use the ever so friendly frog piece. You'd almost forget that beautifully structured house! With all those different pieces, it sill seems like a nice cohesive place to live in. Well done!

And that rabbit isn't so bad after all... More animals are welcome! Maybe a hedgehog made out of a comb?

Stuuuuuuuuds! :wink:

They look good though, I like the texture. Did you photograph in low light or Photochop the pics?

Another amazing build LD. Gotta say, this is one of my favourite locations also, and Radagast is one of my favourite characters. I love the angles you get, they're awesome.

Your building style always astounds me. I love the use of color and pieces used.

That window with the 1x2 trans clear plates is just :wub:

I can only hope other people in my LUG will want lots of these colors for our LUGbulk order!

Keep up the great work!

Fantastic angles! Your roof design works perfectly for this house and I like how the window has the trans plates all going in different directions for each pane :thumbup:

Keep it up man :classic:

Nice! Love the stonework! :wub: Did you have any inspirational pics, or did you build this only from memory? :classic::thumbup:

Thanks guys!

Photos were taken in dark lighting

I suppose i may be, depending on how far i get in the middle earth lego olympics