Paul Boratko

Nathanael Kuipers' 42000 Street Rod Instructions at MOCPlans

Nathanael has completed the instructions for his alternate 42000 model and they are available HERE at MOCPLANS for $10

I was given the pleasure of reviewing these instructions and as always from Nathanael, the quality is excellent!

13867575341_SPLASH.jpg

Edited by Paul Boratko

And it is GREAT !! model , I saw it IRL, and this is top-notch !!

grtz Saint

I just noticed that you can't download these? I would prefer to not have to be online when I am building.

Agreed! I'm don't know if I'll ever use this site, just for that reason. Great idea for the site...... execution, not so sure......

Edited by Kronos

its not a purchasable pdf file for download ?

That's a shame ... hmmm

I can understand as it means people can't share the instructions and so lose revenue

but missing a trick if you cant print it our download a pdf in my opinion

its not a purchasable pdf file for download ?

That's a shame ... hmmm

I can understand as it means people can't share the instructions and so lose revenue

but missing a trick if you cant print it our download a pdf in my opinion

just noticed that you can't download these? I would prefer to not have to be online when I am building.6.gif

Edited by miyanjinges

Ok, I am currently in the process of getting the instructions hosted at my website...

that would be great... thank you!

Ok, I am currently in the process of getting the instructions hosted at my website...

Awesome. I like the way that you have it set up better than the way mocplans does. It's a good idea in theory, but not execution. Please keep this thread updated when they are ready. :thumbup:

I've been waiting to build this model. I even bought an extra 42000 set when they were on sale at TRU just for it!

just got this set and was only for this reason, I will buy the instructions if I can get an offline version.

Great to see that Nathanael has released these instructions! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

About mocplans.com, I do like to share my point of view.

First of all mocplans.com is piracy proof, that means no other people can sell bought instructions. Not that all buyers intent to, but some are unfortunately. With this approach the creator of a model and the instructions for it are protected, that has to count for something I would say...

Second thing is that even though instructions are created with a lot of care and things are check triple times, a miss might slip through. With an online version the designer can upload a revised version and is available to all buyer at once. Also does this give us designers the chance to release an upgrade once in a while that again is available to all buyer at once...

It is quite a change I know, but please consider the advantages though...I am afraid this is the future anyways, things are changingā€¦ :wink:

If it had full RC I would snap that up in a second, still might do anyway when I get the F1 set sometime next year.

I understand and agree with the piracy aspect of online plans. However there must be a solution offline, right? ? Aren't there ways to secure PDF files and prevent them from being copied, printed, etc ?

building is my therapy so I tend to be "disconnected" from the phone/web/computer and prefer to have printed instructions, I wonder if there is an option to get a printed copied via mail from Mr. Kuipers?

Aren't there ways to secure PDF files and prevent them from being copied, printed, etc ?

building is my therapy so I tend to be "disconnected" from the phone/web/computer and prefer to have printed instructions.

Crowkillers uses secure PDF files. It's nice to have the file on hand.

I understand and agree with the piracy aspect of online plans. However there must be a solution offline, right? ? Aren't there ways to secure PDF files and prevent them from being copied, printed, etc ?

building is my therapy so I tend to be "disconnected" from the phone/web/computer and prefer to have printed instructions, I wonder if there is an option to get a printed copied via mail from Mr. Kuipers?

In the UK you could get it printed from staples,perhaps there is someone around your area offering the same service.

I wonder if there is an option to get a printed copied via mail from Mr. Kuipers?

It would probably cost a good bit to get them printed up and then shipped to everyone. I like the digital download better. Still waiting on the update from Paul's site. :grin:

Ok, my main man Juanjo got the PDF instructions all set up for download at my website... Click on the picture...

42000NK1.png

Edited by Paul Boratko