Hi

This is my entry for Rebrickable alternate contest. Model is alternate for set 42004. I do not own that set so the rims on engines are black instead of yellow. All other parts colors are correct.

Assault helicopter features:

Rotating main rotor (via gear under the fuselage)

2 turbo-jet engines for extreme speed

1 heavy cannon on the front

2 SS 10 anti-tank missiles on sides of the fuselage

Seat for pilot

two seats in cabin for passengers/shooters

Building instructions here.

Photos:

Hi-quality photos by Jim, later this page, here.

dscn0358.jpg

dscn0359.jpg

dscn0366.jpg

dscn0364.jpg

dscn0361.jpg

LDD screenshot:

42004-alternative-helicopter.png

Hope you like it. LDD-file here

Edited by Tech-nick

Absolutely love it! :classic:

Although the engines are a bit large for this scale, I still like the use of the rims to make them!

Sorta looks like a cross between a UH-1 and an AH-1 ! :thumbup:

Yes the engines are quite big, but looks cool tho, I think..

I'm quite happy about the part usege, it uses 232 out of 250 parts.

Left overs:

leftover.png

Thanks Paul :classic:

Rarely the LDD provided background is usable to show the model. But now it's spot on :laugh:

The aircraft over desert...

fly.png

Edited by Tech-nick

Do you have any plans to release instructions for this?

There's an LDD file. Just open it and select Building guide mode (F7).

Sweet model! Guess I need to make this model, like I did with this C-model. I will do so this weekend and take some pictures for my review. I wanted to write a small review (for the Reviewer's Academy) but it grows bigger every day :laugh:

The 42004 proves to be very suitable for C-modelling :thumbup:

Is this model for the Rebrickable contest as well?

:tongue:

Very cool, especially the way that you don't have many left over parts. For some reason that always annoyed me with some of the official B models - OCD again!

That's a very nice model, being able to control the rotor makes it even better, gears are awesome :laugh: I also love the fact that there's still that blue seat from both original vehicles, makes it look even more like an official C-model :thumbup:

Edited by imvanya

Oh, thanks for commets for all :blush:

Do you have any plans to release instructions for this?

Yes, I would like to make REAL instructions (for all of my mocs). I tried to install SR 3D builder other day, but it didn't work cause my laptops graphics card does not not have T&L rendering capabilities.. :sing:

There is LDD file instead. I dismantled and built the the model using LDD Instructions cause I was curious. Somewhat interesting what it generates :laugh:

Build is simple, but in this case for example the pilot part of cabin was impossible to build following instructions. You'd have to dismantle it in the end to get last pats in it. So if you build it, gather the pilots cabin parts and build it with looking the last step of cabin build...

Sweet model! Guess I need to make this model, like I did with this C-model. I will do so this weekend and take some pictures for my review. I wanted to write a small review (for the Reviewer's Academy) but it grows bigger every day :laugh:

The 42004 proves to be very suitable for C-modelling :thumbup:

Is this model for the Rebrickable contest as well?

Model for contest? Please look on the first line of my first post. I'm pleased that you like the model so much that you lost your focus :grin:

I'm very happy that you like my model and plan to build it and include it to review! I'm honoured :sweet:

We are happy to to expand your review, with invanya and his very nice buggy. :wink:

Edited by Tech-nick

Model for contest? Please look on the first line of my first post. I'm pleased that you like the model so much that you lost your focus :grin:

When I'm at work, I don't read topics very well *glance mode*. My bad :tongue:

I'm very happy that you like my model and plan to build it and include it to review! I'm honoured :sweet:

We are happy to to expand your review, with invanya and his very nice buggy. :wink:

Will definitely build it! Probably this weekend :thumbup:

When I'm at work, I don't read topics very well *glance mode*. My bad :tongue:

Yes, working harms leisure activities, but the Legos don't pay for them selfs. (In most cases) :classic:

So I've built your Bell AH-UH-1 Iroquois Cobra Huey Assault Utility Helicopter :tongue:

Must say I quite like it. It looks cool, has a front mounted heavy gun, side mounted SS 10 anti-tank missiles (at least that's what I want them to be. The specs tells us, they are actually miniguns). There are some a-symmetric quirks during the build, but that's mainly because of the limited parts.

I am not very happy with the pictures. I forgot to close the door so there was some sunlight. I will try to make better ones. But, here are some shots.

What I do like, is the small details, like the two seats in the back :thumbup:

11404301723_cce6f1bd11_c.jpg

11404183686_c0a1dc7d97_c.jpg

11404307253_b8bb3b9887_c.jpg

PS this set is definitely moving up some notches on my ladder!!

With a little more effort....some better pictures!

(all images are clickable for hi-res versions)

11406879755_8ce3751c1b_c.jpg

11407020033_f01deedf45_c.jpg

11406899684_d3883185a8_c.jpg

Oh man! They are so sweet! 1000 times better than my shots.

BTW. I spent my weekend studying MLCAD and Lpub....

Can I use your photo for my -allmost ready- Hi-quality instructions cover photo and maybe in Rebrickable? (You will be mentioned)

Sure thing, no problem!!

I will see if I can redo the first three pictures tonight. I do like the last one. It's very clear and has a nice angle.

Looking forward to the instructions!

By the way; you still have an axle pin left, so you use that on the front mounted heavy gun, instead of the red 2L axle. To make it more symmetrical.

Thans a lot Jim :sweet:

"SS 10 anti-tank missiles" sound better :devil:

Changed that.

Changed new, way better photo to Rebrickable

Hi-Q Pdf Instructions coming soon. I will change axle pin instead of axle, good point there.

(I don't remember exactly, but the axle had a meaning in some point of design, but now seems pointless ?)

Very nice C model. :thumbup:

Thanks Ryan!

Edited by Tech-nick

Thans a lot Jim :sweet:

No thanks!

"SS 10 anti-tank missiles" sound better :devil:

Changed that.

Cool :blush:

The instructions look good. They are definitely better than the LDD generated ones :thumbup:

Definitely they are. But they took much longer to make (3 days) than to design the model! But I had to learn MLCAD and Lpub in progress...

Next ones should be easier.

Definitely they are. But they took much longer to make (3 days) than to design the model! But I had to learn MLCAD and Lpub in progress...

Next ones should be easier.

Making proper instructions takes at least twice the time of making the actual model. Sometimes three to four times. That's why some people charge a small fee for a large model.