[pid][/pid] 243B

Hello Pirate Forum

Building organic water with the bricks is always a challenge.

I tried to solve this challenge with a new technique:

11309141794_da544b9b1a_c.jpg

Based on 1x1 Tiles with Clip + 1x2 trans Tiles.

But the water alone was a bit boring so i added some plants, a bamboo hut and details. ;)

11309386833_90b6017ddd_c.jpg

More pictures you can find like always on flickr and MOCpages.

I hope you enjoy it!

Jonas

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Edited by Capt. Stabbin

Wow. Just wow. I have lots of those trans-plates so I guess I need to get some more clips so I can use this! Great technique!

Lovely built, the water look great though it's a technique I won't use easely, I don't think I can bring myself to use clip tiles like that pir_laugh2.gif .

I like the monkey hanging from a leaf, nicely done.

That is amazing, I like the smooth glossy water look you managed to capture with that technique. I also think the thatched roof is ingenious. pirate_classic.gif

dude this is fantastic, honestly your one of the best mocers out there at the moment, well done

Im a little ashamed at how long it took me to actually figure out how this technique worked, haha. But this is awesome. Not just the water, but the whole thing. I really like this.

i love it, the water technique is amazing, and the water pipe is also a funny detail. where does the blue parrot come from, some belville set?

Woah great moc! May I ask where you got those bamboo elements? Are those third party items or did Lego create such beauties? If they are official Lego, I may just have to pick some up myself! Good job either way, though.

Hello everyone

Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad you like it.

how does all the water stay together as one piece? or does it?

Yes, it stays together. One clip always connect two tiles.

(Just take one of these clips in real life and two tiles and you will figure out how it works. )

i love it, the water technique is amazing, and the water pipe is also a funny detail. where does the blue parrot come from, some belville set?

Yes, the bird was in two different Belville Sets.

Woah great moc! May I ask where you got those bamboo elements? Are those third party items or did Lego create such beauties? If they are official Lego, I may just have to pick some up myself! Good job either way, though.

I don't use third party items. For the green Bamboo in the background i used this pieces. The roof is made of tan hoses. The green string is of course by Lego too.

:pir-sweet:

Jonas

Whoa! You should submit this Cuusoo. I would support it right away.

Whoa! You should submit this Cuusoo. I would support it right away.

This. You've got my support. I think this is an amazing build and I'd say it's the right size to be submitted to Cuusoo.

On top of that your water technique is brilliant. Something I am definitely going to try although I'll need to do some shopping around for both the clips as well as the trans-light blue plates. I also love the way you put together both your tree as well as the individual bamboo trees as well - very clever.