TimBurdon

1925 Rolls Royce - Miniland Scale

I have recently been working on a collection of larger scale vehicles for an upcoming LEGO show here in Adelaide, and thought I would share one of my creations. It is a 1925 Rolls Royce with coachwork by Van Vooren. The actual car this is based on has recently been donated to the National Motor Museum in Birdwood, South Australia.

I came across the vehicle during a recent visit and through the wonderful world of the internet got in touch with the amazing LEGO vehicle designer Lego911, who graciously worked out how to make the vehicle come to life.

He worked out a design for me to work from, but also included many working features from the real vehicle, such as pillar-less suicide doors and opening bonnets.

I would like to publicly thank Lego911, for all his amazing help with this project.

This model will be on display at the National Motor Museum in January next year from the 4th to the 31st, if you want to come and see it and the rest of the collection.

11287847113_5a82fcacf4.jpg

11287851993_8b3e3c88b4.jpg

11287796524_8401509326.jpg

11287714175_e3763cf843.jpg

This is simply stunning...I love all the wee details and the sweeping roof design. You should pester TLG for those horns in chrome :D...or get out the chrome paint :)

Superb design! Those window whipers, that mirror at the right-hand side, the finishes on the wheel caps... I don't know where to begin. You did everything you could to make this car outstanding.

Maybe replacing that stud with a frog piece to simualte the famous logo?