Sign in to follow this  
BrickRally217

Winter Village: Winter Village Coffee Shop (contest entry)

Hello, all! I am proud to present my entry for the Expand the Winter Village Contest 2013, the Winter Village Coffee Shop.

So here you can see a front view. I tried my best, while being a building, to make it fit in with this year's theme.

11279474005_dcea5d4da5_z.jpg

…And the back/side view. I had to make them both into one picture somehow, as we are limited with only 5 pictures. Sorry, Jamie, I completely stole your chimney technique for the Parisian Restaurant. It just looked too fantastic; I had to include it :laugh:.

11279596303_862e4b04dd_z.jpg

Now, the inside. Doesn't that look cozy? :classic:

11279520876_fc8349560e_z.jpg

A birds-eye view.

11279599603_26f459de42_z.jpg

And finally, a view of the second floor. Not much going on here except some boxes and a game of checkers.

11279478745_115a0d71f5_z.jpg

So how does this fit in with the Market theme, you may ask. Well, who wouldn't want to go in a get a cup of coffee or hot chocolate after being out in the bitter cold? :sweet: Also, I guess you could say the man is a vendor at the market (?). More pictures can be seen starting here : http://www.flickr.co...07/11298399595/

Thank you for viewing!

Edited by BrickRally217

This is really cool! Love the use of the checkerboard flag as a table.

Though I thought buildings weren't allowed, as I had asked if I could submit my book shop and was told it had to be market-related.

Nice work, though. Hard to fit a lot of things in such a small space.

-Sci

Nice, so many details on such a small place.

By the way, since my trip to Amsterdam, coffee shops mean something else to me :wink:

Very nice looking bookshop and I'm amazed at the amount of detail you have fitted in the 16 x 16 space, well done!! It does indeed look like a cosy place to warm up after a day of exploring the market!!

Good luck and happy building :laugh:

Very nice build 'BrickRally217', though where does it go in a market place.....it's a big brick stall eh ? :blush:

Good luck anyway and Brick On 'BrickRally217' ! :grin:

It does indeed look like a cosy place to warm up after a day of exploring the market!!6.gif

Edited by abcxuemues

This is a great wee MOC, with so much crammed into the 16x16 space. I could see this sitting as a focal point in any market, perhaps the market is organised by the proprietor of the coffee shop :D

Good luck in the contest!

Not bad at all. Ive had so many problems trying to make use of the space availabe on so little space in a modular and failed. You did good. Nice chess tile btw. :D

Pretty impressive to fit that much into such a small footprint. Love the details, especially the checkerboard. Good luck in the contest.

l

Good luck to you too! I saw your entry, it's great.

Lovely little build! You've managed to squeeze such a lot into such a small space (especially the ground floor) but I think the upstairs could do with a bit more adding to it - perhaps a place for the owner to live or more seating for customers?

Nice work!!

Lovely little build! You've managed to squeeze such a lot into such a small space (especially the ground floor) but I think the upstairs could do with a bit more adding to it - perhaps a place for the owner to live or more seating for customers?

Nice work!!

I doubt anyone's actually reading this right now (it's 1/17 :sceptic:), and the contest has been over for a while. Anyway, thanks for the idea, it gave me something to do today. Here's what I came up with. It's a sweets/chocolate shop.

You might be wondering what that thing is above the stove; it's a potholder for the oven on a rack.

12005512576_ea2713b079.jpg12004699735_b46f0c937a.jpg

I had to work with some upside-down building for the inside of the fridge because of the upside-down mudguard on the front.

12004996843_786d69e1d8.jpg