Andy D

Older Than Dirt!

Got my badge, many thanks, actually forgot all about it, was kind of surprised to see it after all this time. 

What??? Last post: May 12, 2018???

OK then: exactly 60 (EDIT: 51) min and I will turn 58 (my daughters are visiting ... and something is weird ... they run around and ... are busy with something ...).

Began building with LEGO at age 3; my parents got me 323, the push along steam train. I have seen 4.5V, 12V, 9V, System, Technic, Code Pilot, all the Control Centers, Mindstorms (RCX, Scout, MicroScout, Spybotics, NXT, EV3 ...) and the bad years ... when it became all crappy ... and now PF, PuP, Spike ...

And never ever had any doubt that LEGO will be what I will do when I retire. 9 more years ... I do it now, sometimes on a day-to-day basis, sometimes with months of ... just looking at it. My home office is my LEGO layout. Every single day I take the stairs and believe to be in heaven.

Rock on, folks.

Thorsten

@Toastie I'm trying out a little update for the old timers tag, let me know which one you like the most! :sweet:

8 hours ago, Fugazi said:

I'm trying out a little update for the old timers tag, let me know which one you like the most!

@Fugazi Thank you very much!!!

I like the newspaper (top version) the most. For me, there is nothing better to begin the day with reading our daily newspaper. The "news" are always several hours outdated - but somebody actually thought about what they wrote. It slows down this crazy world a bit. Most of the things that I am interested in, don't need updates by the minute. Same thing with the weekly newspaper, which arrives Sundays about 9:30 am ...

Thank you very much again!

All the best
Thorsten

@dr_spock: Thank you very much!!!

Have a very nice day,
Thorsten

How old is old? I’m 45 but I have the knees of a 68 year old due to 39 years of skateboarding and the mind of a 12 year old due to my obsession with building things out of plastic bricks.

I Indeed, what's old? I was born in 1947 and yes, some people will think I'm old. So be it. But it has a big advantage: I had a lot of time to collect LEGO parts. Now I have a nice amount and build what I want. A boy’s dream come true.

Oh man ... when did Covid go crazy? In Germany, it was about spring 2020 ... needed to look that up. Time goes by so slowly, says Madonna ... guess she's a bit off ;)

So, for me, it is 61+5 months and some days and counting - and there were three posts during that "crazy" time - and one more after ...

You guys are old, for sure. Old as in: Experienced. Mature. :pir-huzzah2:

@evank: I am so happy that you are actively posting around here!

I salute to the stone old, old, elderly, medium-aged, younger, and young people!

All the best,
Thorsten

On 1/16/2024 at 1:44 AM, ivanlan9 said:

What do I win?

Well, in the 9751 challenge of @evank over in the former Mindstorms forum, the first place trophy was: "Bragging rights".

I do not want to interfere with admin comments, rules and suggestions here, but: Born in 1947 (+/-) should definitely award you with exactly that!

:pir-huzzah2: Here is to feeling and thinking young!

Best wishes,
Thorsten

1947? I was born in 1974. Transpose the least significant digits. :)