Just dicovered that several eBay sellers are selling those building instructions on eBay Germany:

http://pages.ebay.co...lobalID=EBAY-DE

Who knows how to contact eBay for copyright infringement?

I've contacted this seller but he/she insists his/her friend made the instructions! It's a very rude person and only speaks german! I've reported him\her but regardless he\her keeps selling those free instructions for 69,99 euros!!! Can someone also report/contact this seller and stop him from what he/she is doing?

Hey everybody,

my first post and unfortunately a not so nice one...

They are still trying to sell these building instructions for quite a lot of money. I think that's very sad, but I guess it's up to Madoca to do something about it. It's such a great MOC and I am very much looking forward to building it some day. I am grateful that Madoca shares his amazing work with us for free and I hope that nobody buys those instructions.

Cheers

RangGagaGing

I won't, because there are freely posted on rebrickable by him.

So it is not fair to sell them if they are not your own.

So is selling instructions you bought yourself from a builder, the purpose is for your own use, not to sell.

I have quastion

In the Front of the Engine, they are 3 Bricks very Strong?

Sorry my English is not good

The quastion in German.

Vorne am Motor sind drei Zahnräder übereinander sie bewegen sich sehr schwer ist das normal?

translation:

There are 3 gears in front of the Fake engine and they have much friction in rotation. should this be or should they rotate without friction?

Edited by efferman

I am afraid that you have became favorite instruction source for Lepin...

Edited by Milan
Picture removed.

17 minutes ago, M_longer said:

I am afraid that you have became favorite instruction source for Lepin...

I saw that earlier this morning on the Lego Technic Facebook group, what sort of trash is this, too lazy to copy lego models, but chooses to steal other's hard work. What will it be next 2legoornot2lego's trucks or maybe Crowkiller's supercars. This is so unfortunate, as this means anyone who produces instructions could be a target for some 3rd party knockoff model to make lots of money off of someones hard work.

Here's a different screenshot of the front cover of the box.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwrBN5hHtepjQjUzRk9iMllfMjA/view?usp=sharing

2.4GHz? or IR...

I find it interesting that they now have the capabilities to make knock off PF parts. They probably are crappy, though what does that mean next? sketchy EV3's or even Sbricks?

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

This is disgusting. Luckily, those unimaginative Chinese knock-offs have always been a bit shit...

8b0.jpg

....and when it comes to Technic, it is a precise engineering medium, it comes down to dimensional accuracy of 1 or 2 thousandths of an inch, axles and beams that are not bent (though I have seen real Technic sets have this issue with the axles which causes friction in long drive trains) and several different plastic compounds just so the parts fit together just right. The above picture is their attitude to getting it "right". "It has eye's, it has a mouth, and we make it better with teeth, what more do you want?!" yeah, thanks, but no thanks. Lego appears to be struggling to sue these thieves, but can't they sue anyone selling or handling these goods in any country outside of China? Afterall, they are handling stolen goods, the good in question being in part Lego's own intellectual property.

Edited by allanp

That Lepin stuff, is that all fake elements or just illegal copy off MOC's with genuine Lego elements. If I understand right, it's knockoff parts??

Although I understand why it's hard to go after Lepin themselves, it shouldn't be hard hard for TLG to get into contact with the various platforms where they advertise or sell these products. I gather that what Lepin does is against various international laws, so Facebook, eBay, amazon and other companies should be made to block sellers from selling this stuff, or in case of Facebook, get them to remove their official page. I tried to lodge a complaint about their official Facebook page, but the options available to report something are too restricted.

Has anybody whose MOC are being sold have had contact with LEGO about this?

10 minutes ago, lego2lego said:

Although I understand why it's hard to go after Lepin themselves, it shouldn't be hard hard for TLG to get into contact with the various platforms where they advertise or sell these products. I gather that what Lepin does is against various international laws, so Facebook, eBay, amazon and other companies should be made to block sellers from selling this stuff, or in case of Facebook, get them to remove their official page. I tried to lodge a complaint about their official Facebook page, but the options available to report something are too restricted.

Has anybody whose MOC are being sold have had contact with LEGO about this?

It is not that simple. TLG knows about it. Same as car manufacturers know about their parts being copied, same as Disney knows about unlicensed toys, movies etc. Law is one thing, but enforcing anything in this field in China is completely different matter. Even for big global rich companies with army of lawyers. 

1 hour ago, J_C said:

It is not that simple. TLG knows about it. Same as car manufacturers know about their parts being copied, same as Disney knows about unlicensed toys, movies etc. Law is one thing, but enforcing anything in this field in China is completely different matter. Even for big global rich companies with army of lawyers. 

That's what I said, Lepin themselves are pretty safe from prosecution, with the current political climate in china. But Facebook and eBay and Amazon, being US companies should crack down on this! What do you think Amazon would do when a chinese company replicates their Kindles? They wouldn't be sold on Amazon I can tell you that..... So maybe TLG should focus on taking away their avenue's of sale and marketing in the west. Just my 2 cents tho.

Oh my god, this is completely unbelievable for me... 

I wonder if anything could be done respect to that. I'm out of words, best luck. 

out of nothing more than curiosity, they've put 2 models in 1 on the advertising - what's the second model?

or are they treating the crate as a B model?

It starts looking like such a greedy rush to get some things to sell that they've stopped thinking altogether.

On 2/9/2017 at 10:27 PM, allanp said:

This is disgusting. Luckily, those unimaginative Chinese knock-offs have always been a bit shit...

....and when it comes to Technic, it is a precise engineering medium, it comes down to dimensional accuracy of 1 or 2 thousandths of an inch, axles and beams that are not bent (though I have seen real Technic sets have this issue with the axles which causes friction in long drive trains) and several different plastic compounds just so the parts fit together just right. The above picture is their attitude to getting it "right". "It has eye's, it has a mouth, and we make it better with teeth, what more do you want?!" yeah, thanks, but no thanks. Lego appears to be struggling to sue these thieves, but can't they sue anyone selling or handling these goods in any country outside of China? Afterall, they are handling stolen goods, the good in question being in part Lego's own intellectual property.

LOL!! I want one of those! That's one of the creepiest things I've ever seen!

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted image from few posts back.

I don't think that Facebook, Amazon or Ebay will do anything about this, for each sale they get paid, so selling means money and money means they don't care.

We AFOLs won't sell knock off shit, but a lot of people with money on their mind would. Here in Holland there people who sell firewood for absurdly high prices, I have seen it going for €200,- for only 1 m3. So a lot of people in this world will try and rip everybody off.

Guys, lets not clutter Madoca's topic with posts about clone brands, please. Lets talk about the truck itself.

Not to mention it is against site guidelines to discuss about it and promote these products on EB. Let LEGO take care of this.

I have removed pics of clone brand.