Yes, I'm a purist. But sometimes modified part is better choice. I tried to convince myself, "Extra space would be suitable for extra functions..."

It's done!

I have just finished a first release of the instructions :classic:

The are still some text notes to do, the final Version I'll publish within the next weeks. But the instructions are as well reviewed that you can start the build :classic:

Please let me know if the are some issues to correct. I've made my best to control all step, but with over 4.000 parts I cannot guarantee for a perfect work.

Any suggestions to make the instructions more attractive (additional photos, presentation...) are always welcome.

Happy building, and thanks to Madoca and Blakbird for their preparation work that I've got the courage to make these 'Monster' instructions :thumbup:

And here they are: http://www.bricksafe.com/files/afol1969/Instructions/Wing%20Body%20Truck.pdf

Greetings

Alex

Edited by afol1969

Hi Alex,

These instructions look really professional!

You are becoming a real master in creating these.

At the moment I am gathering all the parts for this incredible truck.

In a few weeks I hope to start with the build.

As soon as I am finished I let you know how the instructions worked out for me.

Keep up with the good work!

(There are still some other Madoca creations without professional looking instructions...)

greetings,

Theo

This is really a monstrous job! Congratulations to all of you for making this masterpiece!

I think that work like this should have a donation :)

Edited by MrTekneex

I really like that you have the part list divided up for each big step. Really helpful for a set as huge as this :)

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your kind words. :sweet:

That gives me further motivation to continue on making the instructions more perfectly.

Other projects are on work. I hope that I can finally publish the instructions for Markus53' multifunctional Unimog within the next two month.

Next it will follow the Braiding machine :excited: The Cad file from blakbird I've already stepped.

I know, there are more Moc's from Madoca which are worth to have real building instructions. If I have time and passion, I'll start up ...

Greetings

Alex

Edited by afol1969

Great work afol1969 :thumbup:

I know how much work it is, to make good instructions for a Technic model of this size.

Well done! :classic:

Other projects are on work. I hope that I can finally publish the instructions for Markus53' multifunctional Unimog within the next two month.

Next it will follow the Braiding machine :excited: The Cad file from blakbird I've already stepped.

These are both good news ;-) This braiding machine of Nico71 looks and performs awesome...

IMHO you work deserves a donation - quite incredible that you offer this huge amount of high quality effort for free - many kudos to you!!

I have finished the final version of instructions :excited: ! See the same link as in my post #152 above.

I hope they'll be clear enough for everybody who wants to build the Truck. I'm very happy to have realized this challenge, next projects, I think, will be easier :wink: ....

Some of you tell it's worth for a donation. If you really want to make one, just send me a PM.

But to be clear: It was never my intention to ask money for the instructions, I have fun to create them, for me it's like building MOC's :sweet: , and the satisfaction that other people use my instructions to build the MOC's, is enough for me.

Happy building and greetings

Alex

I'm looking at The Madoca Wing Truck instruction, and I wonder if shock absorber used are realy Extra Stiff everywhere (front and rear)

since there is 8 absorbers in front of the truck I would like to know if someone test with soft/medium for front suspension?

great job!

Greetings

G.BB

I'm looking at The Madoca Wing Truck instruction, and I wonder if shock absorber used are realy Extra Stiff everywhere (front and rear)

since there is 8 absorbers in front of the truck I would like to know if someone test with soft/medium for front suspension?

great job!

Greetings

G.BB

I'm sure there must be hard shock absorbers in front suspensions.

When I first built the Truck, I connected those hard shocks to 2nd axle on the same position as 1st axle. They were not hard enough to hold the weight of cabin and battery box. That's why I moved the position of shocks on 2nd axle toward two studs outside.

1024x576.jpg

This has been a great building experience.

I treated myself to the new 42029 and a nearby store had a never opened 8070! Time to start building, with some changes to the colour scheme...

tn_235_IMG_2395.JPG

And it is now a LHD! I should've changed the settings of the wipers too...

tn_235_IMG_2400.JPG

Total building time: around 12 hours.

Not the perfect toy for a three year old to transport his Duplo. Two broken 61903 universal joints, and no way to repair it without taken apart the whole truck... :wacko:

Total break down time and putting all the parts in the right boxes again: around 6 hours...

@Madoca 1977, I recently came across your three axle tipper truck with self opening/closing tailgate on YouTube and I must say it is excellent. My question is do instructions exist for it?

I am absolutely useless at reverse engineering but would live to build the MOC to go in my collection.

Regards

Gareth

That truck doesn't have instructions, unfortunately, or else I would have uploaded it to Rebrickable a long time :laugh: I love the looks of it.

One Eurobricks member was trying to reverse-engineer it, I'm sure you'll come across the topic if you search for it.

Hi, this is my first post. I just finished building the Wing Body Truck. I have only built official sets before and this was a great challenge to me and has taken quite long time. This MOC opened up a new door to me as I never knew Lego could be this amazing :)

I have had a very hectic autumn with work and three small kids. The night hours with my Madoca truck has been kind of a life saver sometimes. Therefore, I would like to thank Madoca for designing this and for taking the time to make photo instruction. Thank you afol1969 and Blakbird for the excellent BI. I knew you all spent a lot of time and effort in doing this, so really thank you! Sorry if I forgot someone.

DSCF4402_zps0f2ad04b.jpg

The minions really love Madoca's trucks! I have to admit - it's a pure joy to build Madoca's MOCs. I hope he comes up with more :-)

madoca_truck_3.jpg

madoca_truck_4.jpg

I am a new member to Eurobricks. Have started to build this fantastic model and now just waiting for some more parts to enable me to continue. The instruction pictures are really good quality and laid out so that building is reasonably straight forward provided that care is taken. The parts pictures were also excellent. Thanks for such a great MOC and publishing build instructions. Will publish pictures of my build when finished. I have some of my own MOCs although I am fairly new to Lego as an adult and will publish these on the site as soon as I can including LDD build instructions.

My remaining parts just arrived from Brick Takeover, so I finished building the truck this evening. It is fantastic. I love it. Thanks Madoca.

I will try to build the truck this weekend! Should i use the Photo Instructions or the Instructions from Afol 1969!

I have never had problems with Photo instructions from madoca, but using pdf instructions is more comfortable.

Thank You for the PDF instruction. In ebay You can buy the instruction for 69,99 €. Today i started ms Wing Body Truck project. My idea is, i Build the Truck in a other cooler. I hope the Truck is i 12 or 18 month finishd, behaus when i buy all Power Functions Bricks Coast this 300 €

Sorry My English is very Bad My German is better