What do exactly mean with combining the three truck parts?

Chassis, Cabin, Container. I've exported all pictures, now I must the organize them in one PDF file. For that I must take the whole MLCAD file in LPUB, but LPUB crashes by treating too large files.

And I wait news from Alasdair, I've sent him the Chassis CAD file that he can create the LSynth parts.

Greetings

Alex

I thought you wanted to make 3 seperate books?

Anyway, I would really recommend to export to pdf instead to images, because the pdf is editable (adding pictures, removing certain parts, remove a border, replace a callout etc.). :classic:

At least, when you have Adobe Acrobat Pro (like me).

And I wait news from Alasdair, I've sent him the Chassis CAD file that he can create the LSynth parts.

Greetings

Alex

PM sent. :classic:

What do exactly mean with combining the three truck parts?

Btw, I'm also almost done with the SUV instructions, only some finishing touches :classic:

I think Chassis-Cabin-Container instructions was made separately

Is their a video?

I think Chassis-Cabin-Container instructions was made separately

So it is. It will be three building steps in one whole PDF file, with each part list. At the moment I've building the chassis to control part and step order. Some issues I have to correct, but until now there aren't missing/double parts in the instructions, so I think the part list must be accurate. Within the building process I can see where to place all the PF cables and make a quick'n dirty drawing for the LSynth parts.

I hope I'll have the final instruction file within this month :classic:

Greetings

Alex

Within the building process I can see where to place all the PF cables and make a quick'n dirty drawing for the LSynth parts.

Greetings

Alex

I look forward to helping you out with the cables,I don't think it will take too long to do. :classic:

Thanks for the parts list! I've submitted the MOC to Rebrickable, should be added soon.

By the way, this MOC uses the v2 IR receivers, but I guess v1 works as well? Sorry if this question has been asked already.

In the parts list Madoca has 1 x V1 and 3 x V2. I would presume the only reason for that is that he didn't have 4th V2. After reading articles at philohome.com, I dont see how V1 is better, unless I am missing something. But V1 should work in this build just fine.

Edited by madjelly

It can sustain a higher current I think, allowing, e.g., one receiver output to power 2 L motors (as in 9398).

The built of the chassis is done! All steps which I made in the instructions are reviewed and corrected in some cases. The part list is so far accurate, but will maybe differ in some others part list, but it concerns only a few parts. For example I used double pins with axle hole for connecting the double wheels instead of pins with pin hole.

The correct placements of the electric wires took a long time to make it accurate, for that I say that Madoca did a very good job with his photo instructions. I cannot imagine to show it as clear in lego-like instructions. For that I'd given up the try to place LSynth points, to consult Madocas' photos is a more easy way IMHO.

I'll upload the chassis instructions in next days, now I'll build up the container and the cabin to control the step order too. Finally I'll merge the 3 Instructions parts to one PDF file.

Greetings

Alex

truckchassis.jpg

Edited by afol1969

Whoa, I already had 58% of the needed parts more than I thought!

I may build this beast sooner than I thought! :D

Hi,

I finally have now all steps controlled within the building, the truck is build now complete. All the necessary pictures are exported and ready to create the instructions. Only the notes are still to do and the page layout.

A horrible work to have the overview of the whole construction, that's why it needs a lot of time to invest.

And what a beast of construction! With all building step I more realized that this Moc ist a PERFECT Moc. I couldn't find anything that can be made better. And the dimensions are really impressive, and the construction stable. Before I thought that it would be nearly impossible to build a stable construction in these dimensions only with beams without using the more stable technic bricks.

I hope that Madoca will present us new Mocs in further time :classic:

I do not know at which time I can present the instructions, but I hope within next week.

truck.jpg

Greetings

Alex

Edited by afol1969

Thank you! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Last year it started as my personal project. Finally this Truck became everyone's MOC. I'm very happy to see many Trucks built by EB members.

I really want to build it, I have about 96% of the parts. I only need a few beams and a shit-load of panels. And those panels are quite expensive compared to other parts.... :sceptic:

Yes, the panels were the real problem to get them for a reasonable price. That's why I used my stock of black panels for the container floor.

But as I see that some people are ready to build the Truck, I think about making a Prerelease instructions version online, before publishing the final instructions.

Greetings

Alex

Thank you! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Last year it started as my personal project. Finally this Truck became everyone's MOC. I'm very happy to see many Trucks built by EB members.

Just wondering, what are you working on now? :laugh: You have quickly become one of my favorite builders.

Looks like a badass buggy.. curious how the bodywork turns out! As for the gearbox: I have cut off the 24-gear part of several old-style differentials like that, and used them directly as clutch gears. Saves a bit of space ;-) But I guess you're too purist for that?

Edited by jantjeuh