Hello,

This is my first post. I built Wing Body Truck seven months ago. Then I knew that many people wants building instructions.

Now it is available. Sorry for late, because I've worked alone!

post-109396-0-74441000-1386525214_thumb.jpg

Total 4126 pcs. The weight of Truck is 4600g (with 6x Eneloop batteries).

Welcome to Eurobricks Madoca.

I think it's fair to say you will be very made very welcome here, your AWD SUV already gained you God-like status, and now this!

I look forward to seeing (and spending money to buy the pieces to build) your next creations :thumbup:

Thank you everyone! And thank you Blackbird, those your renders are the exact thing that I've wanted to make and share...but I can't make it.

For me this MOC is special and favorite despite some details are not like a real truck. Suspensions, center pillar in the box, front end of the wings, etc. Anyway, I can't wait for CAD instructions!

In my short driving test, u-joints were not damaged. Even when using basic remote for drive and steer. Due to heavy load, there is possibility that u-joints are snapped or 12L axle is twisted. Maybe needs custom heavy duty u-joints.

Hello,

This is my first post. I built Wing Body Truck seven months ago. Then I knew that many people wants building instructions.

Now it is available. Sorry for late, because I've worked alone!

Total 4126 pcs. The weight of Truck is 4600g (with 6x Eneloop batteries).

Thanks a lot for this excellent MOC Madoca... Was able to build it and I was very impressed with the picture instruction.

This is how it looks like with some of other impressive MOC's

moc.jpg

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

Edited by leksivalen

I've now finished the Truck Container. I've made an PDF file too. I've made my best to make high quality instructions, but I was forced to increase the landscape page scale to get the complete container on page, because I've used lots of callouts to use the minimum on pages. The instructions I've made to show how I proceed, it's not needed to use it for the final instructions, but maybe it helps to get suggestions from it, so feel free to change it. :classic:

I've put the MLCAD file and the instructions in my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox....k Container.mpd

https://www.dropbox....k Container.pdf

Best Greetings

Alex

Edited by afol1969

Thanks for the feedback :sweet:

But after a second check I've seen that I've to add a rotation step in the callout on page 19, it's not very clear where to place the parts in the gear drive, I'll make the correction soon in beetween today and make the new file online on the same link.

Edit: Update executed

Another question: Has somebody start the instructions for the cabin? If not, I can make take the job too.

Greetings

Alex

Edited by afol1969

I've now finished the Truck Container. I've made an PDF file too. I've made my best to make high quality instructions, but I was forced to increase the landscape page scale to get the complete container on page, because I've used lots of callouts to use the minimum on pages. The instructions I've made to show how I proceed, it's not needed to use it for the final instructions, but maybe it helps to get suggestions from it, so feel free to change it. :classic:

I've put the MLCAD file and the instructions in my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox....k Container.mpd

https://www.dropbox....k Container.pdf

Best Greetings

Alex

This MOC is superb and Thanks to Madoca, I learn a lot by working steps by steps in LDD while I don't have enough bricks to build one yet...

Still I'm much appreciated the collaboration works here to make this MOC more than perfect with every possible contribution. So here are some of my additional add-on. I have saved the steps while I was messing around with LDD and I'm not sure if this help to facilitate the Ldraw/LPub stepping process. I will continue on the chassis and here are the first 50steps .lxf files.

wingbody-truck.png

Updates: Here you are the complete chassis without container. the lxf files are now more organized with grouping and stepping. The only missing parts that are not available in LDD are:

- x873c01 / x872 Steering Gear with 4 Ball Joints, x4 (or replace with 32186 Steering Gear with 3 Ball Joints will also work fine)

- 88003 PF L Motor x 2

- 88004 PF sevro motor x 1

- 8870 PF light x 3

- 8869 PF control switch x 1

- 8886 PF extension wire 8" (20cm) x 5

- 8871 PF extension wire 20" (50cm) x 6

http://www.dropbox.c...vsjix2/_lxf.rar

Edited by gerger

I buily my copy using the photographic instructions. They are excellent. There is no need to wait for CAD instructions, although the Ldraw file is available if you want to use it to supplement the photos.

I deleted all my work by mistake.. :look:

So all work done for nothing? Oh my god....That's why I always save my work in serveral backups.

@blakbird: As I have the CAD file from you, if I later have time I'll continue with the instructions. As the container file is already done, I can make the rest too.

Greetings

Alex

Something news:

As I don't like to make partial instructions from a complete model, I've continued the last weeks to step the complete Wing Truck chassis model. It was a hard work with 270 steps, but here the result:

chassis_wingtruck.jpg

It will take another lot of work to bring in form with LPUB to create the instructions - and to correct some issues.

I'm now collecting all necessary parts to build the complete Truck model in further time.

Many thanks to blakbird for the CAD file :sweet:

Greetings

Alex

Wow, great work afol1969. :thumbup: :thumbup: I forgot a bit about it, to be honest. I was busy arranging some things for the in the LDD/LDraw subforum (hopefully coming soon) and other personal things.

Btw, if you need help with after editing the generated LPub file, feel free to ask. I can edit the PDF files directly and the LPub exported pdf consists of loose images and things, so I can change (for example) a number, I can remove a certain part, I can add images, I can remove strange borders, I can add extra text, I can add a cover etc.

I'm looking forward to the result. :classic:

Something news:

As I don't like to make partial instructions from a complete model, I've continued the last weeks to step the complete Wing Truck chassis model. It was a hard work with 270 steps, but here the result:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/afol1969/MySets/chassis_wingtruck.jpg

It will take another lot of work to bring in form with LPUB to create the instructions - and to correct some issues.

I'm now collecting all necessary parts to build the complete Truck model in further time.

Many thanks to blakbird for the CAD file :sweet:

Greetings

Alex

Crazy work! Really well done! :) Edited by legolijntje
Please don't qoute images.

I can give you now a first impression for the chassis instructions:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwulthikoruhq8v/truck.pdf

There are still corrections to do, but any suggestions are welcome. Legolintje gives me some support to realize the final instructions, which I very appreciate :classic:

I still have not the necessary parts to build the truck (at least the chassis), but I'll have them soon, I must continue bricklinking.. :wink: ...and dismantel some sets. :look:

Because of the amount op parts I'm forced to split the complete truck instructions in three parts, with each own part lists. The page scale I use a landscape scale 14,95 to 10,4, the absolute limit that the complete truck appears on the page.

Although I give my best to make perfect instructions, it's still possible that the part list will not be exactly the same from Madocas' list. But I think the importest thing is to build the truck accurate in design and function.

For the lot of wires an motors I do not use LSYNTH, but I've found another solution to show the parts with the LPUB PLI command. It was a challenge, but I have it done. For the rest I use arrow notes and text. Last not least vor the wire placements you can use the photo instructions from Madoca.

Is there any volounteer to step the cabin CAD file? :blush:

Greetings

Alex

Very very nice truck! I wonder how many hours it took to take all the pictures!

I hope i can make it with my parts!

P.s. I love the Dune buggy!

Afol1969,if you want me to add the LSynth cables than feel free to send me the mlcad file with just the 'ends' and a rough path for the cables to follow using LS01.dat part in a new file. :classic:

Hi Alasdair,

You really want to do draw all the wires? If so, you should have some support from our LSynth Master Blakbird. :wink: I imagine that will be a horrible work, as I'd started to make first experiences with LSynth....and have given up! :wacko:

But I'm sure a rendered picture with all the electric parts with the cables will be very nice.

But I'll prepare a file with all the connections. In different colors and Text notes which cable belongs to which place.

Greetings

Alex

Edited by afol1969

Sorry Ryan,

As I see your pictures, you're of course an LSynth master too :sweet: So just let me finish the last steps, and I'll publish the CAD file for download. I really appreciate your support, a rendered picture with all electrical parts will be very nice.

Greetings

Alex

It's done! :excited: At least the chassis is ready to build. With part list included (same link in upper post #117) :classic: . I hope it will be accurate and there aren't missing or duble parts. Please have a look if all is ok, and let me know if there are still some issues to correct. It's still not perfect, I must see if I have to change some rotating angles for the electrical part placements. Still to do are text notes, especially for the electrical connections.

I'll start now to prepare an additional CAD file for the electrical parts.

@Alasdair: I'll send you the CAD file soon.

Greetings

Alex

Finished the Cabin:

cabin.png

As it is not so big like the Truck itself, I could use a smaller Page scale.

Now I must see how I can combine the three Truck parts in the instructions, that they have their each part list.

Greetings

Alex

Finished the Cabin:

http://www.brickshel...ySets/cabin.png

As it is not so big like the Truck itself, I could use a smaller Page scale.

Now I must see how I can combine the three Truck parts in the instructions, that they have their each part list.

Greetings

Alex

What do exactly mean with combining the three truck parts?

Btw, I'm also almost done with the SUV instructions, only some finishing touches :classic: