I better not go too fast now.... :laugh:

I will do the front axles Legolijntjie.

part15_zps75cb8297.png

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

It isn't LDD, it's LDraw.

Sorry, of course I mean LDR, not LDD, sorry.....

Just for note: 1.500 from over 4.000 parts are pins - that will say that I've not enough pins (especially the blue long pins), so I've to put black pins together. And 58 panels.... But I think that I've at least enough parts to build the chassis, ok, I've not all parts in right colors, but for a test build it must go, I've all the necessary electronic parts (if I dismatle the Ultimate 42009....)

That I can do: Make the Submodels for the fake engine and the placements for BB/Receivers. There I'll see If I can make the notes for the connections.

Greetings

Alex

Edited by afol1969

And 58 panels.... But I think that I've at least enough parts to build the chassis, ok, I've not all parts in right colors, but for a test build it must go, I've all the necessary electronic parts (if I dismatle the Ultimate 42009....)

May be you can redesign it from a 40ft container into a 20ft container?

Will save you almost half of the panels...

May be you can redesign it from a 40ft container into a 20ft container?

Will save you almost half of the panels...

Or maybe make a open frame construction instead of closed surfaces with panels.

This truck ist just stunning. My idea however regarding the building instructions would be to separate the truck chassis with the engine and maybe the cabin from the payload. The chassis would contain the main frame. The main frame would than carry a supporting frame for the payload/upperstructure (winged suitcase, dipping bed, crane and mounting points for a 20' container (TEU).

This truck ist just stunning. My idea however regarding the building instructions would be to separate the truck chassis with the engine and maybe the cabin from the payload. The chassis would contain the main frame. The main frame would than carry a supporting frame for the payload/upperstructure (winged suitcase, dipping bed, crane and mounting points for a 20' container (TEU).

I can defiantly do this no trouble,but it depends on what the builder whats to do.

Great build Madoca. That truck is super cool. :sweet: How many hours did your put into that project?

If experts with LDD/LDraw like Alasdair and legolijntje can work with Madoca to create build instructions I certainly would be up for building it.

Convoy anyone? :wink:

My parts collection will need restocking though. :moar:

@ Alasdair, what BrickLink stores would you recommend? I looked in the BrickLink trusted sellers thread but it seems to be well outdated. :classic:

I've just checked my stock of panels: I've 12 in light grey, 8 in black and 27! in green colour.

So I can make the container floor with green panels, (16 panels needed), it isn't visible until you open the container. So I've to buy 28 grey panels.

Convoy anyone? :wink:

Yes! Alasdair and legolintje have more experience with LDR, so it's better they take the job for the more complex chassis model, but the container is more simpler and easier, and I can do the instructions. I've more free time in next two weeks, so I've no problems to do the job. At least I've the necessary parts for a test build.

My favorite BL stores:

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=44bricks

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=tomte

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legostock

Greetings

Alex

Edited by afol1969

Thank you everyone! I don't have any skills of making LDraw files. So I'm very happy to know what you guys are doing.

I believe that Your "team" would complete LDraw instruction perfectly. I wish I could get it too! :wub:

Well, that went kind of out of control :laugh:

So, I've made a quick sheet to keep everything organized. It's just a first version. You can see it here.

Take a good look at the notes (and add some if you want), and as the sheet says, update the sheet according to your progress. Everyone has edit rights in the sheet.

Please, try to keep this organized and don't start building random things, without at least saying here that you're working on something. This model has over 4000 pieces.

I know this may sound a bit unkind, but I think it's better for everyone if we keep the amount of people working on this to a small amount. We don't need like 20 people all doing this, since that won't work and will only create a mess. :sweet:

I think it was only someone named Alisdair and yourself.

I have done the XL motor assembly for you as was shown in the last page.

I think it was only someone named Alisdair and yourself.

I have done the XL motor assembly for you as was shown in the last page.

Yep, at the moment. I can remember something like a spirograph or something like that.... :grin:

I'm working on the back including the tailgate.

Anyone managed to download the album with instruction photos off Google+? I could do this for Madoca's other MOCs, but it doesn't seem to work for the wing body truck. Maybe the amount of photos is too great?

Edit: nevermind, it works now. Time to create a PDF :)

Edited by jantjeuh

Finished buying all the parts (was mainly lacking LBG panels) off Bricklink, and turned the photo instructions into a PDF. Can't wait to start building this beauty!

Welcome to Eurobricks, Madoca. Nice to see you here. I love your MOC's and this wing-body truck is one of my favorites. Both esthetics and functionality are fantastic !! And thanks big time for the instructions.