Werlu Ulcur

Legoville

Thanks guys!

For now I have a few more boxed sets to show, but I think that in a couple of months (tops!) things will get really slow down here. By then I hope to have received some BL orders and start working on the "landscape improvement" - sidewalks, plants, street lamps, etc.

Never thought being a Mayor was so much work. And so much fun :laugh:.

Thanks monkeyjackie! Right now I'm MOCing a fire station, using the 7208+7945 and a bunch of extra parts. I'm trying to fit a helipad somewhere in there but so far no dice :wacko:.

This weekend I'll show it, probably next the Palace.

This is great!! Lovely use of space and a nice CITY is growing. Luckily for me I´m aaaalmost in the exact same spot, in just a couple of weeks I can set up my own CITY in our newly renovated upper floor. This is great inspiration. I`m thinking of have at least one part of my CITY in two levels with train(s) going under. My CITY is named KimVille (2.0). My firstname is Kim.. You got it. Well, keep up this fantastic work! Looking forward to see the evolution. Cheers!

Thanks Kim!

If your future space doesn't have a short roof, then building in two levels is the way to go. If my ceiling was taller (on the sides) I would consider adding a second level, though then the trains wouldn't be a "prime attraction" since they would travel basically out of sight.

Update:

Legoville_2013-12-17_1.jpg

Legoville_2013-12-17_2.jpg

Legoville_2013-12-17_3.jpg

Legoville_2013-12-17_4.jpg

Legoville_2013-12-17_5.jpg

Legoville_2013-12-17_6.jpg

The big news is that I finally got my fire station up :thumbup:! I finished the last details tonight right before supper, so I didn't have the time for a proper photo shoot of the MOC, but if all goes well tomorrow I'll show it in detail.

Love the photos of your new town! An excellent set up in a great LEGO room. Congratulations!

I already got it down from the attic. In a few minutes I'm out to work, but when I get I'll make the shots and tonight I'll show it in more detail.

Update:

Legoville_2013-12-29_1.jpg

Last update of the year! Legoville is getting big and busy, and 2013 is officially done. Besides, my minifigs had a rough year, so they needed the extended break :grin:. First of all, I wanted to show how my Fire Station MOC looks with a proper helo on the pad waiting for some fire jumpers to board :tongue:.

Legoville_2013-12-29_2.jpg

And look who was around the neighborhood that night!

Legoville_2013-12-29_3.jpg

My 6yo was bugging my brains to mush for us to start on the Monster Fighter sets, so after we came back home from our Christmas vacation I started the Haunted House. And you know what? Without a doubt, not counting the Fire Station this was the coolest (building) set that I've built for the city so far. Yeah, the modulars are VERY nice sets, but I just l-o-v-e-d the details on this one. I would easily consider it "modular grade", and compared to the modulars, IMHO this would be the nicest that I've built so far.

Legoville_2013-12-29_5.jpg

Legoville_2013-12-29_4.jpg

As you can see, I modded it a bit. I wanted it to be look like an archetypical haunted house that you see on the movies, like those that are high on a cliff and are falling apart. So I used a big 32×32 gray base plate and elevated it two bricks-high, and kind of extended the front fence. I basically used every single bley brick available in my house (my son had a few in his sets but a father has to draw the line somewhere :sceptic:), and just jacking it up a bit made it look more scarier. If I had the parts I think I would have raisin it four bricks but then I would have to push it back on the base plate (as it is I only have two studs free in the back) so I would have to do something about the gate and fences. I also did some "weathering" on the house and grounds, and it looks in a pretty rough state. No wonder the current tenants... :look:

Legoville_2013-12-29_8.jpg

Legoville_2013-12-29_7.jpg

Legoville_2013-12-29_6.jpg

And yes, it is haunted!

Legoville_2013-12-29_9.jpg

Happy New Year to everyone! :thumbup:

Man this is looking fantastic , look forward to seeing the town grow :)

Wow, congrats on your room, that's a nice secluded space you have there :)

Those built-in cupboards on the left side of the room surely are ideal to store all the boxes and sets.

And the Haunted House looks great, I really need to get that set aswell.

Thank you everyone! It's been really fun to build!

Today I received a few parts that i was expecting only for January, so hopefully the rest that I ordered will show up soon and then for the next update I can show some urban landscape improvements.

Update:

Legoville_2014-01-04_1.jpg

FINALLY Legoville has a train station :laugh:!

Legoville_2014-01-04_2.jpg

Nothing fancy, but using a few parts from set 8404 and a whole bunch of my spares, I finally have a train station. I haven't officially inaugurated it yet, since my Emerald Night is still in it's baggies, but pretty soon my citizens will be able to ride around town in a train :grin:. However it will take a while before the EN is ready, because I want to motorize it, and I'm not totally sure how I'll do it.

I also got some sidewalk done:

Legoville_2014-01-04_3.jpg

Legoville_2014-01-04_4.jpg

This week I received a BL order with a bunch of bley tiles and was able to finish a big chunk of the sidewalks. Still quite a lot to go, but the city is definitively looking better. I also got the parts for some lamp posts and a few green parts for grass and plants. Unfortunately, after the train station and the fire station my spare parts are critically depleted, so I won't be able to do anything major until I get repositions. Looks like I'll be spending more in spare parts then in "real" sets for a while :sceptic:.

Update:

Legoville_2014-01-07_1.jpg

Legoville_2014-01-07_2.jpg

Legoville_2014-01-07_3.jpg

Legoville_2014-01-07_4.jpg

I was annoyed by the white showing beneath the tracks, so I bought some fluffy green EVA sheets and covered the table. Now from afar it looks like grass and the train runs with less noise. I also assembled the #31012 Family House that my wife got me for Xmas and did a little landscaping.

Getting better all the time 'Werlu Ulcur', that zombie chef better get back to the house and cook up some devilish delights eh ? :laugh:

Keep going and Brick On 'Werlu Ulcur' ! :grin:

This is one of my favourite topics at the moment...love your updates. I was going to say that your street-scaping needs work to bring it all to life but you have really cracked on with it and its all coming together brilliantly!

I'm glad you're enjoying the updates!

As with everybody else I guess, what slows me down is the lack of parts :sceptic:. The problem is that it's very rare to find a BL seller with a huge supply of everything I need, so I'm forced to buy piecemeal. But I guess that's how it has to go :blush:.

In terms of sets I think I'll tackle the Emerald Night next.

Edited by Werlu Ulcur

The EVA sheets are a nice touch--much better than the bare table.

I'm completely unfamiliar with Lego trains, are the tracks easily attachable to base plates?

Wow this is really nice. I wonder if I can persuade my boyfriend to let me convert our attic like this (think I'd have a fight on my hands as he'd want it for his Retro Games set up!)

Monster house loos so cool that on my want list, you have some excellent pictures there.