Lobot

SoNE Contest Episode III: Return to Echo Base

Alright! I got the Wampa tag! didn't get the Wampa tag!

Yes, finally a win for the Empire! Those Rebel scum can't always win! (Or maybe not... Maybe. :def_shrug:)

Nice work to the Rebels though, as you had some pretty nice entries, and a few more total than us. :thumbup:

Edit 11:30: Edited post. :hmpf:

Edited by Lego Spy

Congratulations, Empire!

I'll be updating player profiles soon. If you won a Wampa tag and previously had a tag from one of the Community Builds, let me know which one you'd like to keep. (They'll both still be displayed in your profile in the SoNE character index, but you can only have one of them at a time on your EB profile.)

Grudging congratulations to the Imps :) ;) Thanks Lobot and all the other SoNE staff for organising everything and making it fun to participate.

Ah well, on to the next build!

The empire strikes back....Again on Hoth! Congrats fellow imperials! I think I'll switch to the wampa tag.

Congratulations Beaver, well deserved win! :thumbup:

…and of course to the imps in general for their first victory!

Edit: Hang on, I can't get the math on the scores to add up - is this some kind of Jedi Mind trick?

Edited by LegoFjotten

Thanks Lobot and all the other SoNE staff for organising everything and making it fun to participate.

You're welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed it :classic:

Hang on, I can't get the math on the scores to add up - is this some kind of Jedi Mind trick?

*waves hand*......"These aren't the scores you're looking for, move along"....

No, it's a sith mind trick, Jedi would have done it in your favour!

I too am a bit confused about the results. We slightly beat the Rebels in quality (again) but their amount of builds always does it. Even though this time the number of entries was not multiplied by 2 the quaility still seems a minor thing in this scoring formula? Also you should change such rules before the episode stars, so there is no complaining.

So Lobot are you just pulling our leg or what? I had a feeling you're a little biased all the time. :grin:

Psssssst, Lobot. If there was not such a big difference in the results noone would have done the recount! ;)

Edited by MstrOfPppts

We slightly beat the Rebels in quality (again)

Well, that is just not true. :laugh:

Anyway, I do agree that the scoring system should be adjusted to eliminate number of participants on either side to be a factor at all. Exactly how… I have no idea! :laugh:

That episode got some really incredible entries. Well done everyone! :classic:

I'm happy that BEAVER got the highest score with a LDD entry. Congrats fellow LDDer :classic:

But there seems to be a disturbance in the Force around those results... I fear the Emperor finally found a way to corrupt the calculations... :look:

But there seems to be a disturbance in the Force around those results... I fear the Emperor finally found a way to corrupt the calculations... :look:

.....It's being looked into at the moment, and a re-calculation might be needed :look: Update to follow asap!

Congratulations to the awesome people! :grin: That is, the Imperials :laugh:

Edit: Dang, it looks like we might not have won after all :cry_sad:

Edited by Flare

Congratulations Empire ! You can now have Hoth, we don't expect to go back there for the 3rd time.

Truly well deserved victory from BEAVER too, really amazing LDD wampa !

No matter what the outcome is, thanks to Lobot and SoNE staff !

Well, this is embarrassing...apparently, not only can I not do simple math, but I can't read the rules I helped draw up. :wall:

I think this is correct, right? :blush:

Empire (23+21+19+15+14+6+5+5+2)/9+18 = 30.22 Points

Alliance (22+21+19+17+16+6+5+3+3+3+3)/11+22 = 32.73 Points

Yap, that is correct. So still no intention to change that rule eventhough it is obviously broken?

Very starwars-ish indeed. The empire standing on the edge of certain victory and then: boom; the Death Star blows up in their smug admiral Piet face :)

(Seriously though tough luck on thinking you won, and then a recount showed otherwise - you guys still had the winning build. There really was a lot of superb builds on both sides for this mock episode - can't wait until ep4)

Yap, that is correct. So still no intention to change that rule eventhough it is obviously broken?

We do intend to make some changes, but there wasn't time to finalize it before this episode started.

How about if the top five scores from each faction are the only ones used to determine the final score? They are being judged separately in the second round anyway - Add the five highest scores, divide by five - gives a reasonable score to add to the faction, doesn't take into account the total amount of players on either side, and a real plus is no major extra work for the judges.

I will point out that even using this as a scoring system, the rebels would still win this round :laugh::devil:

I feel bad for the Imperials right now. I really do. Are there some bonus points they could have previously had that we just didn't know about?

Nooo... No cute little Wampa tag!!! :cry3::cry2::cry_sad:

But wait *huh* ... I... won??? :cry_happy::laugh_hard::iamded_lol:

I hope this vast amount of legoticons shows how I feel. It's a pitty we didn't win after all. This is probably one of the saddest threads on EB... But than again, isn't this the closest we've ever been to winning? We're coming closer, and one day, maybe, we might actually win!

I never expected to win, especially with so many great entries around (I hope no error snuck into that scoring too?). It's the first time I actually win something, so thank you. Also, this levels the amount of winning builds for both factions, so those Rebels haven't won just yet!

Also thank you for all participants, for your inspiring entries that slowly teached my how to build.

Also thanks to the judges, for regarding digital and "analog" entries as equal. this is in fact the only contest I remember where a LDD entry beats the real builds... I hope digital entries will still be permitted in the next rounds, or else I can only help my team with a minifig on a plate...

Also thanks to Lobot, and every member of the SoNE-team, for making this round a succes. I really liked this one, being a fun and challenging one.

Finally, a big thanks for every one who now cares for the Wampa-people. I hope you Rebels never abuse a different species again. don't you even think about - just as an imaginary example - enslaving poor little teddybears, to make them fight and die for you while you're cruising around space... Anyway, the Wampa's are sending their big, warm, furry hugs to all of you. I may not have won a Wampa tag to commemorate this victory, but at least I won one of those "other prizes to be determined": your lasting respect for those lovely Wampa's.

This news is so discouraging and demotivating that I want to cry! But rebels, this was your last victory! Just because you won some minor battles, the war is not over yet! I am digging up my real weapons now!