Sign in to follow this  
Captain Nemo

MOC: Flash vs. The Rogues

Flash vs. The Rogues

The Scarlet Speedster battles the devious group of super-villains called the Rogues: Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, Mirror Master, and Heat Wave.

11244334535_f006a420b8_c.jpg

Features a custom Flash minifigure by Christo as well as my own custom made Captain Cold.

This is my third Flash build, and also my third version of the "speed-line" that follows the hero. My first Flash build; Flash vs. Grodd, features my first attempt at the speed-line, and looking at it now it is only somewhat successful. My second Flash build, Superman vs. Flash, which is far more recent, is based off the first speed-line, although it is more streamlined and effective. Of all the versions thus far, I feel this third one, of solid color, is the most successful in appearance.

Enjoy!

~Nemo

Edited by Captain Nemo

As I said on Flickr, this is awesome! Some great little purist figures there and a very clean set of speed lines.

If I were to point out one thing though. It's Rogues, not Rouges. Rouges is more of a makeup thing :D Minor nitpick aside, I love it!

Great, as all your previous work ... I like the pose of minifigures, line behind Flash and ofcourse villians and hero themselves ...

Great MOC! Very smart use of pieces here. I think this is the best speed line out of the three, but they definitely have improved with each go.

Great figure placement, that is key to a successful MOC and you seem to have that nailed.

Keep up the great work.

Great moc, I love the way you managed to pull off Captain colds look, and that Flash :wub: better than Lego's official Flash IMO. Keep up the great work Captain Cold Nemo!

As I said on Flickr, this is awesome! Some great little purist figures there and a very clean set of speed lines.

If I were to point out one thing though. It's Rogues, not Rouges. Rouges is more of a makeup thing :D Minor nitpick aside, I love it!

Thank you! Though Nemo needs to learn to proof-read. :blush:

Great, as all your previous work ... I like the pose of minifigures, line behind Flash and ofcourse villians and hero themselves ...

Thanks!

Great MOC! Very smart use of pieces here. I think this is the best speed line out of the three, but they definitely have improved with each go.

Great figure placement, that is key to a successful MOC and you seem to have that nailed.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks! You are right, minifigure placement is very important for the overall look of creations.

Great moc, I love the way you managed to pull off Captain colds look, and that Flash :wub: better than Lego's official Flash IMO. Keep up the great work Captain Cold Nemo!

Thanks! And Flash is way better--he does have boots afterall!

Very nicely done! Your presentation is always brilliant.

I'm leaning a little bit towards preferring your second speed line. Trans-pieces are just so pretty. The effect here is nice as well, though it did take me a couple seconds to register that it wasn't a wall. It still is a fun effect, though.

Thank you! Though Nemo needs to learn to proof-read. :blush:

Fixed the title for you. Sorta disappointed that this didn't turn out to be a MOC of Flash Vs. evil beauticians, but I'll forgive you since this is so awesome instead. :wink:

This is an amazing MOC scene...I love the use of the clean red construction for the Flash's 'Flash!'....

I would love to see your own version of the Flash v Rouges too :P

This is an amazing little MOC! I love how you did justice to my favorite superhero! Please do more of these. I love all the purist rouges and the flash speed lines work well. I do think it looks a little like a wall, so maybe some combination of translucent and non translucent bricks? Also, is the flash your favorite superhero? I ask because you make all these flash MOCss. Or is it just that you want to master those speed lines?

Edited by TheStrategist

Thanks everyone!

Very nicely done! Your presentation is always brilliant.

I'm leaning a little bit towards preferring your second speed line. Trans-pieces are just so pretty. The effect here is nice as well, though it did take me a couple seconds to register that it wasn't a wall. It still is a fun effect, though.

Thanks--I do like the trans parts of the second speed line. It looks rather well, though I think it's helped being sold that there other things like newspapers flying and the apperance of wind!

This is an amazing little MOC! I love how you did justice to my favorite superhero! Please do more of these. I love all the purist rouges and the flash speed lines work well. I do think it looks a little like a wall, so maybe some combination of translucent and non translucent bricks? Also, is the flash your favorite superhero? I ask because you make all these flash MOCss. Or is it just that you want to master those speed lines?

Thanks! I do agree that it can come off as a "wall." I think I'd like to try this again, but with only trans bricks, though I did this in solid color in part because I don't have too many trans-red bricks! Flash is one of my favorite heroes, but I don't know if he's my favorite; there's so many I like, it's either him or Batman most likely. And I've only got three Flash builds so far, but I must say I have to have around 100 or so Batman ones by now! And I'll keep chasing those speed lines until it's perfect!

Flash is in this MOC? All I see is a blur of color! :laugh:

Seriously though, This is a great depiction of comic book style utilizing the dynamic imagery one would see in the Flash's most heroic scenes. All the enemies are nice looking figs, too. They really compliment that wonderful Flash minifigure.

This is awesome pure awesome, I love the Rogues, Particularly Captain Cold so I really hope something like this becomes a real set one day.

I really want to see this make it into a set! Imagine a Flash Museum it could have all this Flash memorabilia in it! It could even have a giant boomerang like in the Justice League show! It would finally breach out into the REAL DC Superheroes giving us new villains and maybe new heroes like the Original Flash!

I really like it. I know the Flash has a great rogues gallery, but I've only been a casual reader in the past (the Wally West years). But I knew the Mirror Master immediately. Captain Boomerang and Captain Cold after.

A really cool moc you've made!