markus1984

Episode VI - Pit of carkoon - Sarlacc Diorama

This is astounding work....the landscape sculpting of the desert is amazing! great work!

What can i say there *huh*

With such an outstanding feedback I never expected!

Thanks very much, the joy is huge!

My only suggestion is that you remove the second or third row of Sarlacc teeth

Yeah, thats right, but i build some teeth more at the diorama because its an moc for a exhibition and so its look more interesting for the people :classic: .

When are those Star Wars days in Germany? :grin:

I think its in june2014 - Legoland Günzburg Star Wars Days

would you mind taking some pics of the interiors?

You can watcht the WIP Thread

Awesome work! All the details in it are fantastic!

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

THANKS for blogging the MOC :thumbup:

Top job mate, I absolutely love it!

How long will this set stay intact? indefinitely?

Approximately until July - after the Star Wars days i dismantle it

So, Thanks again for watching my MOC and for the great posts!

cu

markus

Edited by markus1984

Thanks again for your feedback!

Your MOC is simply amazing!

Unfortunately I couldn't visit the exhibition in Mondsee :(

no problem, next year :wink:

markus

I actually found the Flickr gallery of this on a Google image search, and was most impressed. This is an absolutely brilliantly-made diorama. The skiffs and the sail barge are well-detailed and well-mad, and it looks like everybody's there. But that's not the real crown jewel of this setup. No, the most stunning part of it is the desert itself. The amount of time and tan-coloured bricks involved in pulling that off... Magnificent. To see such an extensive brick-built environment is a rare treat. About the only thing lacking is the Sarlacc itself; where's the beak?

Incredible set, markus! I like the angles on the barge and definitely enjoy the complete railing alll the way around! :laugh:

Is there an interior to the barge? And I totally enjoying the style of the rolling dunes!

Thank`s everybody!

where's the beak?

philbrick say - and this is right - the originial film doesnt have an beak!

Is there an interior to the barge?

No, a interior was not possible because the technique for the round building needs many place!

markus

Thank`s everybody!

philbrick say - and this is right - the originial film doesnt have an beak!

markus

I know that in the original film doesn't have a beak; I watched the 1994 VHS release a lot when growing up. But the thing is? It was supposed to. The Sarlacc in the original film is, put simply, incomplete. The beak falls under the heading of "Things that were always supposed to be there but weren't ready", just like the scene of Han talking with Jabba in Docking Bay 94. Or the combat footage of the B-Wings (to match the shot-but-unused cockpit footage) that remains unmade because they would have to make entirely new CGI models and textures instead of recycling assets made for the prequels.

Wow, this is sheer genius! Everything looks incredible! Great work!

This inspired my son and I to build a simple dune/Sarlacc Pit with a bunch of tan bricks we got from the PAB wall at the Lego Store. He has the current Sail Barge and Desert Skiff, but the Sarlacc provided with the skiff was lacking without a proper pit. He now reenacts that scene from the movie quite a bit, and has fun involving non-SW characters as well.

We love your scene, it is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Man, those dunes...I love it, it's perfect. The Sarlaac is spot on. What was the hardest part to build?

Edited by HanShotFirst

I know that in the original film doesn't have a beak; I watched the 1994 VHS release a lot when growing up. But the thing is? It was supposed to. The Sarlacc in the original film is, put simply, incomplete. The beak falls under the heading of "Things that were always supposed to be there but weren't ready",

ok, mhhh, i think the original version is better :classic: . The new one looks so futuristic, but this is of course a matter of taste.

What was the hardest part to build?

phuu, difficult to say. First the dunes and the barge with the rounding parts!

And @the others, many thanks again for your postinges!

Nice to reed all the great answers.

markus

The best recreation. Love it...one of the best scenes in the return of the jedi.

That ground texture is down right awesome! And the design of the vehicles is great too.