Sign in to follow this  
Donnie Bricko

[SoNE Freebuild] Meeting on Tatooine

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

After escaping the crash and storm, Tac and I made it to Mos Espa. I had contacts on Tatooine from my days working on the Corellian trader Alkan. In hopes of securing safe transport from Tatooine, I was able to make contact with the brother of a Rodian bounty hunter I knew named Gle Norto. Gle's brother Bouhra arranged to meet me at a cantina on the West end of the city.

11145293984_68aafb2ec0_o.jpg11145294044_d87281da51_o.jpg

Bouhra introduced me to Bossk, a bounty hunter friend to his brother. Bossk was soon to depart Tatooine for Nar Eurbrickka and was willing to take Tac and I in exchange for a small fee. I didn't have a real good feeling about this Trandoshan. "I'm not sure this is our best option." I told Bouhra.

"You've got little choice, the city is crawling with Imperial troops." he replied

"Okay, let me find my friend. We'll meet you at the docking bay." I said11145294084_08044b3bd0_o.jpg11145229865_70db26c8c5_o.jpg

Please judge this free build.

Donnie Bricko

Wow! There's a lot of detail I like in this cantina! Love your decision to snot the floor and make them smooth. Just the way I like it! But I think that all the walls finishing at different heights and even more not being all connected to each other make the MOC look too much like ruins I think. Also not too sure what the red ground is supposed to be? Else it's a really nice MOC and the minifigs are also great.

Very nice job! I just love the irregular look. It's so fitting for a place with little confort and much improvisation. I love all the odd bits and wacky curves.

That bar counter is just fantastic. I looks like somebody bought it on a second hand fair, and that's a good thing in this case.

Very bald, interesting and succeeded choices. This really isn't your average build.

But why is our dear friend Max Rebo so shy today? I don't hope he's allergic to that red dust all over the place :wink:

Nice work!!!

Love this scenery and you packed it with a ton of lovely details!

I especially like the antenna on the outside of the building and the bar counter.

However I share the remark of MstrOfPppts about the different heights which looks to me as if it is reinforced by just that pillar/arc before Max Rebo.

It's just maybe a bit too high compared with everything else which give more emphasis on the other different heights.

I think if you would alter that it would be less visible or 'disturbing'.

Nevertheless...wauw...great scenery and thumbs up! :thumbup:

Lovely build, good execution of the cutaway roof and sides and I agree with seeing a close up of the bar!

Love the build.

Do you have to do special Bricklink orders when you build MOC's like this or do you usually have whats needed on hand?

I have a fair few sets but always seem to run out of certain parts when I try this sort of MOC

Did anyone else notice the "Darth Vader" bar tender? Nice cameo! Oh, and great build too! The bar area is definitely my favorite.

Wow... this is what I love... a nice clean build with loads of detailing and story telling.

Just astouning.

Thanks all for the comments and feedback :sweet: This was a fun build.

Do you have to do special Bricklink orders when you build MOC's like this or do you usually have whats needed on hand?

For this MOC I didn't have to buy any parts, I was able to complete the build with parts in my collection. Although I did buy the sail barge on Brick Friday for Max Rebo...can't have a cantia without musical entertainment.

Donnie Bricko

This is great. I quite like the irregularity to the walls, although the pillar by Max Rebo does look a little unfinished. Still, it's fantastic, and really evokes a Tatooine cantina!

I really like how you have captured the scene here. I agree that a wee close up of the bar would be cool :)

I like the style of this build and the studlessness over all, as well as the chandelier and antenna outside. Its really cool how the booths create an atmosphere of coziness in the sparseness of the tatooine style.