imvanya

[LDD MOCs] imvanya's sports cars

Thanks, 'Ben C'!

After looking at the pictures of MegaMOC by 'Hoexbroe' I really want to build another one, but I don't really have the time at the moment.

Edited by imvanya

decided to upload a picture of the car i brick built, again thank you for the design. its stunning! (and yes i used the CMF snowboard :grin: )

15837014375_c87761db37_c.jpg

This one is ace. Highlight of the thread to see it make it to the brick, it totally works.

My only comment on all this is I wish Lego made a 5-wide windscreen, it's the only way these cars could get cooler.

Thanks, 'helloearthling'!

My only comment on all this is I wish Lego made a 5-wide windscreen, it's the only way these cars could get cooler.

I agree and so does my brother. He always tells me these look kind of weird being 6-wide but only having 4-wide windscreens :classic: Another way to make the difference in width less obvious is what LEGO did with the Speed Champions - using SNOT or (like 'Hoexbroe' as well as LEGO) using slopes or curves on the sides.

MegaMOC 2014 did not go unnoticed for me and this car is a proof :classic:

The front lights were originally reverse engineered from 'Hoexbroe's Porsches and the rest was designed and redesigned in the last few days. The rear lights most likely scratch against the rear wheels, but it can easily be fixed with minimal changes to the overall look of the car.

This time I decided to go for one of the LEGO's most popular color - yellow, and it turned out surprisingly well. I have no idea where those holes on the 1x2 slopes came from, it must be something LDD-to-POVRay does.

Anyway, here is a link to the .lxf, comments are welcome as usual.

15843732140_c87db0e61a_c.jpg

Yellow racer 002

Edited by imvanya
Image link fixed

I really like the look of your latest car, to me it resembles a Corvette with the large bonnet and curves over the fenders. I get the holes on the slopes whenever I do my renders too, it's easy enough to fix in photoshop though.

It's been a long time, so without further ado - FC12. The version in the renders is different from the model in the .lxf file - I've added a few details to the model after I started rendering. Among other things, I've frogotten about The Piece of Resistance - finally there something apart from this that's a 1x1x2 brick and is so much more versatile.

16395870554_67946c1834_c.jpg

16992304126_06269c9dd5_c.jpg

Comments and critique are welcome

Edited by imvanya

Wow, that´s a lot of cars. Some of them are extremely innovative and inspiring, for their imaginative use of pieces.

-Also, it´s the second mention I see today, so I am realyl thrilled; Thanks for the mention!

Keep posting your designs to this thread!

Thanks a lot, 'Hoexbroe'! In return I can only wish you to keep your own MOCs coming, they are a great inspiration and were among the things that pulled me out of my Dark Ages :classic:

I was originally planning to come up with a new car by the moment this topic would reach 15,000 views, so I named it XVK. I am a little late, obviously, but here it is:

17386133739_9c998ed0af_c.jpg

17384658058_c84c54f540_c.jpg

It actually lacks a few pieces in the .lxf file (a new style axle, to be exact), because LDD is yet to get an update with some of the newer pieces. A few pieces probably do not exist in the colors I used, but not to many, I think. Apart from that, though, I am quite happy with how it turned out.

Feel free to use the .lxf file, comments and critique are very welcome, as usual)

UPD: PDF instructions are now available at my Bricksafe here.

Edited by imvanya

Looks ( oh my gosh! )............ :look:......,,, as though you've done it again............ :thumbup: :thumbup: A very sexy looking car. It will be next on my to do build list!

Great design on the cars.I love how you make the cars been sporty,and the same time make them own a unique look.Your cars make my LDD cars looks like a piece of crap.

Good job! :thumbup:

Thank you, 'Brick Car'!

your photography is really nice! So crisp.

I forgot to mention it in the previous response, but these are actually renders made with POV Ray.

On 11/14/2015 at 1:33 PM, JakobSteffensen said:

I am doing some lego animation in 3D and would like to use some of the cars, would this be a posibility?

Well, I have .lxf files for all these cars in my Bricksafe folder, please fell free to use them. However, if what you are asking is whether it is possible to turn a .lxf file into some common 3D software format, I honestly don't have an answer to that. I would suggest that you check this topic, it seems to have some useful tips in there. Good luck with your projects!

Edited by imvanya

Police version. Like a NFS Hot Pursuit/Rivals:

0_185f4d_3bbc47dc_orig.png

This is the part of the Police Department of my LDD city. :classic:

Ivan, thank you for these beautiful models. :thumbup:

Edited by NickRussia79

Thanks 'NickRussia79', those are great recolors. I really like NFS police cars myself, there's just something very cool about police Lambos and Ferraris)

Hi there! It's been way too long since I last posted anything. A lot has happened since then, most importantly - a new LDD update was released with new parts becoming available. I was initially very curious and enthusiastic about the Speed Champions parts, but I in the end I came to the conclusion that for me personally they all were a little bit too large - the wheels, the mudguards and the windshields. However, there was another part that caught my eye as soon as it appeared - the Nexo Knights shield tile. It looked just too much like a shaker scoop.

So, that is what I used it for - a shaker-hooded muscle car:

26756207376_19c0575b95_z.jpg

26177059633_da64901c95_z.jpg

Sorry about the LDD screenshots - I switched from Windows to Linux and haven't yet installed any rendering software, but I'm working on it. You can get the .lxf file here.

Comments and critique are welcome!

Edited by imvanya

"It's not exactly ordinary that LEGO asks a Eurobricks member to work for them, but this was no ordinary situation..."

Nice job, looks like they should be in Lego City: Undercover.

Thanks, 'iammac'! Actually, LEGO City: Undercover was one of my inspirations when I built the first one of these, and there are still a few ideas from LC:U that I might use at some point.

Edited by imvanya

Just a small update. I rebuilt the rear of the orange muscle car as I felt that the original one was too similar to the front. Here's a screenshot of the updated version:

Contender 003 (alternate rear)

Edited by imvanya

nice redesign on the rear, one thing that I feel the muscle care style needs is a 6wide cabin. just looks too narrow compared to the shape of most cars of that era. still instantly recognizable. (and as has been said many times we need a 5w windshield!) thanks again for sharing these models

On 05.05.2016 at 3:55 PM, GallardoLU said:

nice redesign on the rear, one thing that I feel the muscle care style needs is a 6wide cabin. just looks too narrow compared to the shape of most cars of that era. still instantly recognizable. (and as has been said many times we need a 5w windshield!) thanks again for sharing these models

Thanks 'GallardoLU'! I agree, wide fenders look much more natural on supercars rather than muscle cars. However, I did try replacing the windshield piece with lever pieces:

Contender 004 (alternate windshield)

I personally don't like the way it looks, even though it makes the model a bit more realistic.

Edited by imvanya