imvanya

[LDD MOCs] imvanya's sports cars

Hate to bump an older topic but I wanted to share my brick built version of the car in the OP.

I had to recolor it to medium azure and sub a few pieces that weren't available in the colors in the ldd file.

Here is the render:

V1q4ZpQ.png

Here is the real car:

IGPr9rI.jpg

OAncBOW.jpg

LjoqcvP.jpg

Sorry for the potato quality photos, I work in a dusty environment so my photo's from my phone always come out fuzzy.

I am working on ordering the parts for a couple more! I love these designs! Thanks for making them available to us, imvanya!

Thanks a lot 'cameronmiller1988'! It is really great to see these cars built "in the brick", the way the were meant to be :classic:

Also, I really like the color choice. Azure seems to be somewhat underappreciated, but I personally think it is quite sporty.

Anyway, if you feel like sharing pictures once any of the other ones are built, I would love to see them. Who knows, I might come up with another one by then :wink:

Thanks for the kind words!

The color choice turned out way better than expected! I picked it because that roof is only available in a few colors and this was the most sports car color I could find. The head light in the original LDD was a 1x2x2/3 slope that isnt avalable so i subbed 1x1x2/3 trans slops and the 2x2 "L" brackets directly underneath are not available in medium azure so I used a 1x2 plate in medium azure and a 1x1 white behind.

Edited by cameronmiller1988

After a rather long break (life kind of got in the way of building :wink:) I have finally finished another car. It is yet another pony-/muscle-car loosely based on a real-life one. With this one I wanted to avoid the "6-wide body/4-wide cockpit" build as previously suggested by 'GallardoLU' in this thread, hence the usual suspects - A-pillars made out of mini antenna pieces. My favorite, though, are the double slopes at the back, they actually determined the inspiration/prototype for the whole build.

I am currently trying to get the hang of using Bluerender, so apologies for rather mediocre renders:

Stallion M 001Stallion M 002

The exhausts are quite silly, but this style is very common among official City cars, so why not? As usual, feel free to grab the .lxf.

Edited by imvanya

I slightly changed the rear of the car, I personally like it better now:

Stallion M 003 (alternative rear)

The file at Brickshelf has also been updated and now includes both versions, see the previous post for the link.

Hello car building friends!

I have created a few of these cars "in the brick". Part of my process is to create instructions, both to check the viability of the build and to make them build-able again should they get broken.

With IMVANYA's permission, I would like to post the 3 sets of instructions I have created.

Here is the first one, its called the Elite. The LXF and Instructions can be downloaded here.
TPP7AAy.png

The second is the FC 12 model. The LXF and Instructions can be downloaded here
4z5CPQ7.png

The third one is the latest Stallion model. The LXF and Instructions can be downloaded here
nyFjqSy.png

Edited by supertruper1988
Changed download location

Hello again friends!

I have completed another instruction set.

Its the P11 Model. The LXF and Instructions can be downloaded here
Cj5EP1C.png

Edited by supertruper1988
Changed download location

Here's something I've been working on for quite a while. As with most of the cars in this thread, it started with an idea that I wanted to test - using this wedge piece 47755.png as a fender. As a matter of fact, I had that idea way back in the day and did actually utilize it in a MOC. It was done in a bigger scale mostly because I also wanted to use the snowboard piece as the front lip, but it was the older, larger snowboard rather than the current minifig-scaled one, which was later also featured in this thread.

So, long story short, I finally got to the point where I was happy with how this one looked. Originally, I went for something like a Nissan 350Z, but eventually the GT3 racer theme appeared, first in the color scheme and then (more obviously) in the giant rear spoiler. Here it is:

GT Racer 001

GT Racer 002

The one thing that still bugs me about this build is the way the blue 3831.pngslopes on the front are attached. LDD refuses to connect it using its inverted sibling. However, it looks like it actually should be possible:

GT Racer 003

If anyone can check the viability of this set-up, I would love to know. Anyway, here is a link to the .lxf file, feel free to use it. Comments are welcome, as usual.

Edited by imvanya

Just a quick update to the previous post. To keep the looks sleek but still enable the car to fit a minifig, I've made a compromise where there is no steering wheel. It can be fixed by 1) replacing the windshield and the 2x4 tile and 2) removing the tile with handle2432.pngfrom the interior and putting in the steering wheel.

Since the replacement wedge piece is not available in black, a recolor of the whole roof from black to white might be needed. Basically, after the mod the look would not be as sleek, in my opinion, but the car would become more "functional" :classic:

GT Racer 004GT Racer 005

Edited by imvanya

Nice car!

If the distance between the tyre and the slope piece is as small as it looks in that picture, it most likely won't work - not because there isn't enough room, but because there is a little bit of slack when you put the rim onto the wheel holder pin. Which means as long as you hold the car in the air, the wheels will spin, but when you put it down they won't.

50 minutes ago, L@go said:

Nice car!

If the distance between the tyre and the slope piece is as small as it looks in that picture, it most likely won't work - not because there isn't enough room, but because there is a little bit of slack when you put the rim onto the wheel holder pin. Which means as long as you hold the car in the air, the wheels will spin, but when you put it down they won't.

Thanks 'L@go'. Yeah, to be honest, I thought so, too. I guess I was really excited that you could attach those slopes at all :classic: Anyway, I'd better start working on a mod/fix.

Edited by imvanya

Well, better late than never. I can't believe it's been almost a year now since I last posted in this topic :look: Never stopped visiting the forum, though.

Anyway, I've tried out Mecabricks, and it's great. The best thing about it - an up-to-date parts palette, something LDD can't boast. "Slope, Curved 2 x 1 No Studs with Stud Notch" was what I was looking for, and that's what I got :thumbup:

So, here's Studshooter:

Studshooter 001Studshooter 002

And here's a link to the .lxf file. Comments and critique are as welcome as ever.

UPD: I used the amazingly handy new feature of Mecabricks and rendered the model. A huge thank you to Scrubs for creating such a great service!

UPD2: PDF instructions for a new and improved version are available at my Bricksafe here.

Edited by imvanya

A great selection of builds. Fantastic use of parts and colours. 

The Green & Black would be my favourite. 

Regards

Wes

I'm not normally one for cars, but I love the smooth transition around the headlights at the front - that's amazing! Great job all round.

20 hours ago, Wes Gill said:

A great selection of builds. Fantastic use of parts and colours. 

The Green & Black would be my favourite. 

Regards

Wes

Thanks Wes, and welcome to Eurobricks!

20 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

I'm not normally one for cars, but I love the smooth transition around the headlights at the front - that's amazing! Great job all round.

Thanks ‘ColletArrow’, I am myself very glad how that worked out. I haven’t had a chance to test the connection of the front part “in the brick”, but I did spend quite some time coming up with a solution that loooked viable.

These cars are so cool! While they renind me of sportscars from McLaren and Ferrari, they have their own unique style. Also love the choice of colours:classic:. Keep up the cool work!

It now takes longer than it used to for me to complete a model, but I'm happy that I took some extra time with this one.

I really wanted to use technic panels in a MOC for a while, however, it turned out to be harder than I expected. I've tried several approaches of attaching them, I haven't been able to find a good way to cover up some of the gaps they created, and LDD refused to attach them to plates. But in the end, I feel like I fulfilled this dream.

So here it is:

Technic Muscle 001

Technic Muscle 002

I am still experimenting with A-pillars, this obviously isn't the ideal solution.

You can download the .lxf here, or find the Mecabricks model here. Both LDD and Mecabricks lack some of the crucial parts that are available in the other one, so consider checking out both. Comments, suggestions and critique are more than welcome.

Edited by imvanya

Looks totally mad! love it. Have you seen the trick where you use Speed Champions wheel covers with those tires and some smaller wheels inside? @ER0L introduced me to it in one of his great builds. 

Make a HUGE difference.

l7lSaQb.png

1 hour ago, supertruper1988 said:

Looks totally mad! love it. Have you seen the trick where you use Speed Champions wheel covers with those tires and some smaller wheels inside? @ER0L introduced me to it in one of his great builds. 

Make a HUGE difference.

Thanks 'supertruper1988'! I've seen the trick, but I haven't tried it. I assume, LDD won't allow it, but in Mecabricks it shouldn't be a problem. I guess, I will give it a try.

In the meantime, I have come up with another design for the taillights, at the price of the exhaust pipes ans some stray studs:

Technic Muscle 003

The trans-red connectors seem to be a little bit more common then the popsicles (just in case anyone wants to build it IRL).

1 hour ago, imvanya said:

Thanks 'supertruper1988'! I've seen the trick, but I haven't tried it. I assume, LDD won't allow it, but in Mecabricks it shouldn't be a problem. I guess, I will give it a try.

In the meantime, I have come up with another design for the taillights, at the price of the exhaust pipes ans some stray studs:

The trans-red connectors seem to be a little bit more common then the popsicles (just in case anyone wants to build it IRL).

LDD doesnt allow it but it is something you can do in mecha bricks or Stud.io.

So, hachiroku24's Fast and Furious Mitsubishi Eclipse inspired me to have a go at building the Eclipse. It turned out trickier than I initially expected, so it is still somewhat rough around the edges. I decided to leave it as a convertible as I couldn't come up with a good build for the roof, but I am really happy with the rear section:

Umbra 001Umbra 002

You can download the .lxf file here, or find the Mecabricks model here. Comments and critique are very welcome.

UPD: PDF instructions are now available on my Bricksafe here.

Edited by imvanya

The snowboard for a spoiler and stud shooter taillights are most excellent and the taillight construction for the black convertible is brilliant. Fantastic use of parts and connections in such a cramped and small scale.

I'm not normally one for cars, but this model is excellent. I love the rear end shaping, the parts fit together so flawlessly. Great work.