imvanya

[LDD MOCs] imvanya's sports cars

This green car is fabulous! :thumbup:

Thanks, 'vean'! This year's Race car set was quite an inspiration and I guess you can probably agree with me on that :classic:

Thanks, 'vean'! This year's Race car set was quite an inspiration and I guess you can probably agree with me on that :classic:

:laugh: Of course! It could be a good subtheme...With all new police sets, bad guys need more sport cars to "work"! :devil:

I've come up with yet another design. The .lxf file can be found here

13202404674_c436d1d244_b.jpg

13202227043_68106c4666_b.jpg

UPD: PDF instrcustions are now available at my Bricksafe here.

Edited by imvanya

I like the long "nose" on the new one. It's like a more modern version of the old V-12 cars!

Thanks, 'redtrooper27'! That's exactly what I was going for, something like an Aston Martin or a front-engine Ferrari, a classic Grand tourer

Edited by imvanya

Thanks, 'redtrooper27'! That's exactly what I was going for, something like an Aston Martin or a front-engine Ferrari, a classic Grand tourer

Well, you nailed it! :grin:

After a kind of a break I have built yet another sports car. Here is a link to the .lxf file

14227601093_8c6d07ddff_c.jpg

14020856627_b5e9bfd6bd_c.jpg

I am actually not entirely happy with the roof and I even imagined the rear windscreen piece to have a print or stickers, so I will be happy to hear what you think

Edited by imvanya

I'm loving these designs! I must install Ldraw so I can make some real versions of them :classic:

With the Speed Champions coming out in 2015, I couldn't help getting back to building these.

I have to say, I really like how the SC sets look. Maybe that's because they are the same scale as my MOCs. The other reason is that they use quite a bit of SNOT to give more texture to the sides of the cars.

Anyway, I've had a few cars that were already almost complete, so now it's only a matter of making a bunch of renders. Hopefully, I'll get back with them by the end of the week.

Edited by imvanya

Thanks, 'TerminalTitan', that's very nice of you to say!

I myself think that 6-wide cars are a little bit too wide, but they also allow for more complicated builds. There were at least 2 6-wide sport car LEGO sets in the last couple of years and a whole bunch of brilliant 6-wide builds in the LEGO City Undercover video game, so it's great to get a few more sets in this scale. And if you like these MOCs, you should definitely have a look at those new sets.

Edited by imvanya

Quite a lot of interesting design in these builds, that I havn't seen before. My cars tend to look a lot more bland, but then we have our different styles and maybe thats a good thing :classic: . Looks like we are getting some new wheelarches and windows for cars in 2015. Very interesting.

Looks like we are getting some new wheelarches and windows for cars in 2015. Very interesting.

Yes, indeed. I'm really excited about these new parts, this year's wheels were really popular with me. I am particularly interested in the new windshields, the current variety just isn't enough sometimes.

And thanks for the comments, 'SearchFunction', it's great to know I have something of value to share with other AFOLs :classic:

UPD: I looked at some of your MOCs and I have to say, they aren't at all bland. And unlike you, I am yet to master the art of 5-wide cars that can fit a minifig :laugh:

Edited by imvanya

Those are very realistic sports cars, shame not all of the parts actually exist.

Or do they?

Nope, I am corrupted by LDD :classic: But the P1 McLaren set has a snowboard in a new color used as a rear spoiler. So who knows, maybe these parts WILL exist.

So here is the first of the three new cars. I was once again looking for new ways to vary my builds, this time - a different style for the canopy. You can download an .lxf here

15539222526_20009a430e_c.jpg

15563772942_3f8bce0a9f_c.jpg

Edited by imvanya

...And here are the other two.

Frankly, I am not entirely happy with the azure one. Still, after I saw 75912 I decided to post my own take on a Porsche that had been sitting in my MOC folder for quite a while by then.

The second car is the one that I came back to after this three-month break. I built the front of the car sometime back in July and for some reason couldn't get back into LDD up until very recently.

Anyway, here are links to the .lxfs for the first and the second one.

14944991634_2365ddf10f_c.jpg

15379120039_e49b8f3046_c.jpg

14945575623_5652298fc7_c.jpg

15565744835_56f4db0b81_c.jpg

Edited by imvanya

I have already posted this one, but I rebuilt it to actually fit a minifig. I really like how the bottom curve turned out, as well as the exhausts and the rear section. Here's a link to the .lxf (there actually are several city cars in the file)

15578099966_7823aa0e15_c.jpg

15415145849_56587b17d3_c.jpg

Edited by imvanya