Sign in to follow this  
mpoh98

CCCXI - The Unhappy Prince

Hello All,

Here is my entry into the CCCXI, Court Entertainment. I had tons of fun building this scene, experimenting with different techniques.

11103711216_f94a7fa673_o.jpg

This creation was inspired by a story/virtue from a book we have, of a sad prince who could never smile, and was always sad. The king wanted his son to be happy and smile, so he issued a proclamation throughout the kingdom. Anyone who could make the prince smile/laugh/be happy would get a small chest of gold. People all over the kingdom came over to try out their luck. Time and time again they tried, but to no avail. The prince would not smile. In desperation, the king sent messengers to the farthest reaches of the kingdom, to try and find anyone. One messenger came to a small peaceful farm, where a little happy girl lived. When she heard the proclamation, she knew what the prince needed. When she arrived at the palace, she simply said, "God loves you." Hearing this, the prince gladdened, and smiled, then laughed! Rejoicing, the king gave a feast, and gave the little girl the chest of gold. She used it to help the poor people throughout the kingdom, and those who needed it.

I don't remember the full story (I can't find the book), so this story is from what I remember, it is the general idea of what happened, the story is much more detailed. If I ever find that story again, I will make sure to edit it here (I am 100% sure I made mistakes, maybe even some parts are changed).

Also, here are some fig combos I made for the CCCXI:

11103086894_b7bc6e5a3e.jpg

11103184793_31d8e0784e.jpg

11103100464_473b6d0354.jpg

11103088606_dde2039638.jpg

Enjoy!

Soli Deo Gloria!

~Matthew~

Nice build! Lots of details, just amazing!

What does Soli Deo Gloria mean? You post this under about every moc?

Awesome moc, a lot of nice texture details. I love it how you based it on that nice story (christmas spirit like)!

@ jeroenaa : it means "Glory to God alone". Known through Bach and some other known figures. I think it originates from the Protestant Reformation.

Great build! I love the flooring/rug effect. How did you do that one? It is ever so slightly above the ground. Very clever.

I love the color scheme used too.

Good use of Jester figures and I like the one ring on the batons they are using (I assume it is a baton?) Either way, very good usage.

And interesting story. I'll have to look into that sometime. I like seeing a MOC based on a story already in existence. Seeing how someone pictures something is always neat since many people picture things differently.

Nice build! Lots of details, just amazing!

What does Soli Deo Gloria mean? You post this under about every moc?

Thanks! Moexy is correct, it means "Glory to God Alone", or "To God be the Glory Alone". :)

Awesome moc, a lot of nice texture details. I love it how you based it on that nice story (christmas spirit like)!

@ jeroenaa : it means "Glory to God alone". Known through Bach and some other known figures. I think it originates from the Protestant Reformation.

Thanks Moexy! :D You are correct.

Great build! I love the flooring/rug effect. How did you do that one? It is ever so slightly above the ground. Very clever.

I love the color scheme used too.

Good use of Jester figures and I like the one ring on the batons they are using (I assume it is a baton?) Either way, very good usage.

And interesting story. I'll have to look into that sometime. I like seeing a MOC based on a story already in existence. Seeing how someone pictures something is always neat since many people picture things differently.

Thank you sir! :D The batons were designed by Brother Steven, I just used them in mine (with credit of course).

That is a great build and its funny to see the prince crying! :head_back: Keep up the good work! :wink:

Haha, thanks man! :D

Ok, thanks! I knew Deo means God. The rest was hocus pocus to me. Thanks for clearing that out!

Great MOC! Love the figs! love the cheese mosaics on the wall and floor, great detailing! Great story too! Nice custom figs too! :classic:

Ok, thanks! I knew Deo means God. The rest was hocus pocus to me. Thanks for clearing that out!

No problem, glad I could help!

Great MOC! Love the figs! love the cheese mosaics on the wall and floor, great detailing! Great story too! Nice custom figs too! :classic:

Thanks Infernum! :D

Really nice build with a lot of details, do you have flickr so I can look more closely? It's has a nice atmosphere in it!

Really nice build with a lot of details, do you have flickr so I can look more closely? It's has a nice atmosphere in it!

Thanks! :D Yes, here is a link to my flickr stream, you can see them there. :) flickr

Great build mpoh!!! I really like every part! :wub: The floor and the walll with the cross is awesome! Excellent job! :thumbup:

i love the build techniques and finishes to the walls in this MOC. Also the min-figs are awesome :D

Great build mpoh!!! I really like every part! :wub: The floor and the walll with the cross is awesome! Excellent job! :thumbup:

Thank you sir! :D

Great work :thumbup:

Thanks Wedge!

i love the build techniques and finishes to the walls in this MOC. Also the min-figs are awesome :D

Thanks man, glad you like it!