Flare

[MOC]: 7-Wide Sports Car

01.jpg

Hi everyone!

I haven't built much lately, but this is a 7-stud wide sports car that I built back in March, and I just re-found the pictures and decided to crop, 'shop, and upload!

Thanks for viewing :)

02.jpg

The car isn't based on anything in real life, it's just a vehicle from my imagination.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

License plate number blurred out, as all proper photographers know. :tongue:

06.jpg

07.jpg

True - there are no doors, but I suppose that makes riding in it even more fun! :grin:

08.jpg

09.jpg

As you can plainly see here, the car is 7 studs wide. Why 7-studs wide, you might ask?

Well, first off, it enables the cool red stripe to be done easier. Secondly, in my humble opinion it fits two minifigures much more accurately than any other scale. 8-wide also is acceptable, but a little wide in my opinion, for the average car.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

The steering wheel and related stuff that allow you to drive all proper like.

13.jpg

The underneath. (oh, the suspense!) No suspension, sorry.

And yes that 2x3 plate is sort of pointless, I'm not sure why I threw it on. I suppose it helped it to be sturdier. In the end it was a pretty sturdy little car.

14.jpg

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

15.jpg

This wasn't actually intended to be a joke or something (it's not punny, anyways), I just wanted to demonstrate how nicely a LEGO fig fits inside the car. (and show off one of my mint Spartans... :innocent: )

16.jpg

Another shot with the spartan to show how nicely the fig fits in.

I should've taken a photo or two with 2 figures, but I didn't think about it, and this creation is from March as I already said, so oh well.

Thanks for viewing my creation!

I hope to have uploaded a few more creations from this year, before the year of twenty-thirteen ends :)

Constructive criticism and pure praise appreciated ;)

You can also view this at:

The brickshelf folder (when moderated)

MOCpages

Flickr!

Very nice sports car 'Flare'.....reminds me of the cars from The Thunderbirds (1960's) and the original Speed Racer.......Brick On Race On 'Flare' ! :grin:

yeah! Looks like one of those experimental futuristic sportscars from the 60's/70's...

...and to make it an experimental futuristic sportscar from the 40's/50's you'll only have to turn around the cockpit... :wink:

Serious! I'll bet ya: it'll look good too...

Very nice sports car 'Flare'.....reminds me of the cars from The Thunderbirds (1960's) and the original Speed Racer.......Brick On Race On 'Flare' ! :grin:

yeah! Looks like one of those experimental futuristic sportscars from the 60's/70's...

...and to make it an experimental futuristic sportscar from the 40's/50's you'll only have to turn around the cockpit... :wink:

Serious! I'll bet ya: it'll look good too...

This is quite awesome.

Exactly what i would have imagined a Spartan ride would look like . :P

Great job.

Thanks fellows! :sweet: