Sign in to follow this  
timmyc1983

Winter Village: Christmas Pyramid (with PF) (Contest Entry)

Hello everyone,

This is my entry in the Expand the Winter Village contest. This is also the first real contest I have entered on EB or anywhere in the LEGO world.

I am not generally a Winter Village collector (being from Australia our Christmas is in Summer!) but I have been inspired by many of the great entries so far and decided to give it a crack :classic: So I did some research into Winter Village Markets to get more inspiration and came across the German tradition of the Christmas Pyramid. Having never been to Germany around this time of year, I am going solely on photos I have seen online in my research, so please forgive any errors in my portrayal of what looks to be a fantastic tradition for young and old to enjoy!

Without further a due!!

What Winter Village Market is complete without its Christmas Pyramid!?

11206139035_ed1758eb76_c.jpg

^Onlookers are wowed by its romance and beauty!

11206135575_bfa1f1513c.jpg

^ Young and old gather in the Winter Market to watch the figurines spin around the pyramid!

11206145775_1c25ec6bd7.jpg

^ The holiday season and the Christmas Pyramid alike reignites the romance in everyone's lives!

11206154426_717880457a.jpg

^ The graceful red fans spin around from the heat of the candles in the cold air.

11206136994_ca1d4ec7f7.jpg

^ And just to make sure, it all fits on 16 x 16 studs (with no more than a stud width outside, as per the rules :grin: ), including the PF kit. Speaking of which, I have uploaded a short

which I would love for you to watch and see the Christmas Pyramid in action!!

There are also some more shots on my flickr photostream.

I had a great time researching, designing and building this. Thanks for looking, good luck to all and Merry Christmas to all :sweet:

This is a really original idea. I love the detailing and the fact that its motorised. Great work timmy, I hope my entry will stack up (once I get it done) :P

Yeah, I also really like this idea cause I got the same one ... s***t happens! :blush:

I got my digital layout of a chrismas pyramid complete, currently waiting for the ordered parts to build it with real bricks.

I hope, it's ok for you (and not against the rules), that I'm gonna execute my (different) version to participate with!?

Good luck to you with the competition!

So long,

Jens

This is a really original idea. I love the detailing and the fact that its motorised. Great work timmy, I hope my entry will stack up (once I get it done) :P

Very original and great CMF display.

Good luck in the contest.

Thank you both :blush:

Yeah, I also really like this idea cause I got the same one ... s***t happens! :blush:

I got my digital layout of a chrismas pyramid complete, currently waiting for the ordered parts to build it with real bricks.

I hope, it's ok for you (and not against the rules), that I'm gonna execute my (different) version to participate with!?

Good luck to you with the competition!

So long,

Jens

Haha, yeah I was wondering how many other people would have the same idea!! And of course it's more than ok, I'll be very interested to see your take on it! :classic:

Superb! As a kid growing up in Europe we always had one of these on the Dining table at Xmas - next to the Gravy and alongside the Brussel Sprouts. Good job! (on the MOC, not the Sprouts they were uniformly terrible)

Wow, definitely one of the best additions to a Christmas occasion. I suggest that you can add more layers but try to make the shape thinner.

Thanks for all the comments, glad people like it :blush:

Wow, definitely one of the best additions to a Christmas occasion. I suggest that you can add more layers but try to make the shape thinner.

Yeah, I originally wanted to have 3 layers, but unfortunately there's no way to fit 4 minifigs/toys in a tighter circle than what's currently on the top. It's a pretty tight fit as it is, in terms of the figs rotating and hitting the sides of the pyramid...

I'm looking forward to seeing other people's takes on the Christmas Pyramid :laugh:

Now that I've published my contest entry, I can finally have a look at other people's great work. I struggled with my (independent) attempt of a Christmas pyramid, but your choice of doing vertical posts is smart *and* pretty. I love that you motorized your pyramid.