Ragnar_Deerslayer

[Mod/Mashup] The Vampyre Castle of Helm's Deep

I put together Helm's Deep in September, then got the Vampyre Castle for my October build. As I was putting it together, I thought, "Hey, the connections between each sub-structure aren't too different between the sets. I bet I could put them (the pre-built substructures) together for a REALLY EPIC build." So I did. I guess I could have put this in the Action forum for the Monster Fighters theme, but I chose this one, because, you know. Castles.

Going around the castle clockwise, front left view:

11194718233_f434822742_c.jpg

Back left view:

11194724804_8227bdfc17_c.jpg

Back right view:

11194714876_bb52abecd6_c.jpg

Front right view:

11194630516_c051360d78_c.jpg

Vampyre Theoden awaits the armies of Saruman Van Helsing:

11194803253_abb95134e5_c.jpg

Zombie Aragorn peeks out of the side door:

11194650055_a1f1fc437e_c.jpg

Skeletal Haldir overlooks the battlements (apparently elf ears and hair don't decompose):

11194664306_817e8c4e19_c.jpg

The only being powerful enough to counter the White Wizard Saruman is the Black Wizard Gandalf!

11194640574_ca4b8673a1_c.jpg

It took some trial and error to arrange the substructures in a way to make the walls come out even, but even so, there are two places where the walls only abut against each other and don't actually join. Other than that, it was a pretty easy build. Anyone could recreate it by using the official build instructions for The Battle of Helm's Deep (+ Uruk-Hai Army) and Vampyre Castle, and looking at the pictures above.

I think it turned out pretty well. The Vampyre towers really fill out the overall structure, and the walls of Helm's Deep make it look like a fortified bastion. Anyway, I had a lot of fun building it.

I appreciate any and all feedback!

Thanks,

Ragnar

Wow! This is great! For this last Halloween I put 2 Vampyre Castles together to make a larger castle. Yours looks much more massive, I hope you do not mind if I borrow some of your ideas for my castle next halloween.

I will make sure to credit you for the inspiration.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

I'm surprised! Not a combination that I thought would "fit" together well. You pulled this off really well though!It looks great! :thumbup:

The Vampyre towers really fill out the overall structure, and the walls of Helm's Deep make it look like a fortified bastion. Anyway, I had a lot of fun building it.6.gif

Haha, nice. The front and sides look really good, but the open back of the Vampyre Castle makes the rear view look a bit strange. They go together a lot better than I expected.

Excellent imagination in combing these two themes....I love it when a plan comes together :)