Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #90: A Trip to the Circus

Baradock spoke up from behind the group, pointing out into the speckled rocks proposing his own route:

Also curious he quips something else at the captain after the explaination, "Magic make turn faster?"

11185173815_2897d8a201_t.jpg

"Um, um, um, I don't think turning faster is the issue. I don't think the ship can make such tight turns in the first place."

QM Note: The solution to the puzzle must be physically possible.

"Ah, ah, ah, I don't think that'll work either, best we try and stay away from the outskirts of those rocks, we might break up on something submerged."

"Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, ship's too long to make some of those turns, miss."

QM Note: If you didn't catch it in the discussion section, the puzzle is built to scale and the boat is 3 studs long.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Baradock sighs, looking out into the ever approaching rocks no path divulging itself to him.

"Let me try, elf." He said bluntly, another failed attempt of a soft tone.

Screen_Shot_2013_12_17_at_4_37_32_PM.png

This time I tried with only 3 stud segments.

"Well, well, well, still ain't going to fit."

QM Note: It might be useful to build parts of the path physically to make sure the ship can actually make the corners you're attempting. :wink:

"Would this work? I know it can fit, but I'm not sure about the last corner."

"Hey, hey, hey, looks like the yeti's got a good head on his shoulders. I think we'll just manage it."

The barge did manage to skirt through the path in between the rocks thanks to Nagure's guidance all be it with a little scraping and groaning from the ship. Finally the party reached land, the ground beneath their feet covered in a thin layer of frost.

"Well, well, well, folks this is where we part ways I guess. You shouldn't have any trouble finding Nerstew, just about an hour or two walk just south of here. I'm going to see to the animals before heading into town myself, but you all go ahead."

"Well, well, well, folks this is where we part ways I guess. You shouldn't have any trouble finding Nerstew, just about an hour or two walk just south of here. I'm going to see to the animals before heading into town myself, but you all go ahead."

"Where are we now, exactly? Any landmarks to help us recognise Nerstew?"

Cinna leads the party south towards Nerstew. As evening approaches the party comes across a small campsite. A Grumpkin and Minotaur seem to be unloading a wagon, while a skeletal figure warms himself next to the fire. A Nornish woman stands to address the newcomers.

11350906823_0abbf60cf0_z.jpg

11350851774_7aa5aa2871_t.jpg

"It appears we have visitors. Be you merely well armed travelers on the road, or bandits ready to prey upon whatever helpless souls you encounter? If the former, then you are most welcome, if the latter you are also welcome for it is my policy that an overly gracious and accommodating host will always be robbed of his time and processions whether by friend or foe, so why not just skip the pleasantries?"

"It appears we have visitors. Be you merely well armed travelers on the road, or bandits ready to prey upon whatever helpless souls you encounter? If the former, then you are most welcome, if the latter you are also welcome for it is my policy that an overly gracious and accommodating host will always be robbed of his time and processions whether by friend or foe, so why not just skip the pleasantries?"

Strange ideology she has.

"Former. How far to Nerstew?"

Strange ideology she has.

"Former. How far to Nerstew?"

11165366635_0825e500ce_t.jpg

"Only a little ways south of here, [hiccup] come from the sea did ya?"

"Only a little ways south of here, [hiccup] come from the sea did ya?"

"Yes" stated Dreyrugr trying to remove the trip from his mind. Even now being immune to water, sea travel still bothered him.

"Yes" stated Dreyrugr trying to remove the trip from his mind. Even now being immune to water, sea travel still bothered him.

11165394926_8c6f495cf5_t.jpg

"I say, and what pray tell would such a well equipped group such as yourselves be doing sauntering along a Nord infested coastline? Perhaps you're actually part of a raiding party yourself?"

The minotaur unloaded another crate before chiding the pale figure.

11165366485_f549e88af3_t.jpg

"Sem above, Nelvin, how many times have I told you to not go poking your nose where it don't belong? Not everybody's a threat to us."

"Now Mirona, you know as well as I he doesn't mean any trouble by it."

"I say, and what pray tell would such a well equipped group such as yourselves be doing sauntering along a Nord infested coastline? Perhaps you're actually part of a raiding party yourself?"

The minotaur unloaded another crate before chiding the pale figure.

"Sem above, Nelvin, how many times have I told you to not go poking your nose where it don't belong? Not everybody's a threat to us."

"Now Mirona, you know as well as I he doesn't mean any trouble by it."

Baradock shot a quizzical look at the group of oddballs, before speaking up through his thick accent. "No. He is right." His eyes skimmed over the skeletal figure not sure what it was. "--It. We almost killed in sleep by group of bandits we thought were crew." He said, Baradock's facial expression erasing any thoughts that he was defending the skeleton. His words elongated now, directing the question to the odd-lot as a whole. "Now who are you?"

"Ah, we are but four humble circus performers."

The grumpkin jumps off the wagon and lights a cigar.

"Glup, resident daredevil and doer of all things dangerous."

The skeletal figure stands and gives a slight bow.

"Nelvin Swifttoes, elven acrobat and contortionist extraordinaire."

The minotaur snorts amusingly,

"Used to be, at least."

"Don't mind, Mirona, she may be a rough and tough strong-woman on the outside but she's got a heart of lead. I think that's all of us in the Mercutio's Smile. And if you're not Nord raiders, who might you be?"

"Oh so you must know Borris the Brillant then? We are from Heroica and he hired us to protect his troupe."

"Yes, I know Borris very well. So you're the lot from Heroica then? I trust Atticus arranged good transportation for you all?"

"Yes, I know Borris very well. So you're the lot from Heroica then? I trust Atticus arranged good transportation for you all?"

"Atticus Scrinshaw? We missed the ride arranged for us so we had to take another option. We had a rough ride with were-ruffians and monster squid. But that's all behind us now. Can you lead us to Borris please?"

Purpearl sticks out her hand.

"Purpearl Berthadhiell, Mage from Heroica."

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

"Atticus Scrinshaw? We missed the ride arranged for us so we had to take another option. We had a rough ride with were-ruffians and monster squid. But that's all behind us now. Can you lead us to Borris please?"

Purpearl sticks out her hand.

"Purpearl Berthadhiell, Mage from Heroica."

The Nord extends a yellow hand in return.

"Oh, I'm sure he'll be along shortly. And the rest of you are?"