Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #90: A Trip to the Circus

11142316135_4140a79734.jpg

The city of Eubric bustled with life as the heroes made their way down to the harbor. The crowds were a mash of the familiar everyday faces and the new travelers that had come to seek their fortune in the famed port. The scarecrow hurried along ahead of the heroes stopping at on one of the crowded docks.

11166512715_1fc5036682_z.jpg

11163459436_fd2a95dfa7_t.jpg

"Ah, are we missing anyone? You can take a minute to catch your breath. One of my employees is seeing about booking you passage to the High Kindoms."

Party

7799445022_26c70f4173_o.jpg

Cinna the Dark (darkdragon) *Party Leader*

Level 25 1/3 *Immune to Stunned, Lightning and Earth*

Power Bonus: 2

Defense: 11

Health: 44/44

Ether: 38/38

Gold: 89

Equipment: Mauryl (WP:19 + Darkness, broomstick), Turtleshell Shield (SP:9), Black Dragon Robe (Max. Health +6; immunity to earth; suitable to mages, rogues and chi monks; bodywear), Anniversary Medal:Y2 (+2 to all stats per year; accessory)

Inventory: Healing Staff (WP:9, heals target; staff), Naginata (WP:10; halberd), Lumber Axe (WP: 8, wood-elemental axe), Party Maracas (WP:4, user is hastened, instrument), Pointy Hat (Max. Ether +2, suitable for mages and clerics; headwear), High Heels (Power +1, suitable for women; footwear), Blue Dragon Cape (Immunity to slowed and water; suitable to knights, rangers and dragoons; backwear), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Opal (Ice), Ruby (Fire), Emerald (Wood), Diamond(Light), Sapphire (Wind), Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), Scroll of Sleep,]Scroll of Disenchantment (Removes all positive effects from all opponents at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of Sealing, 2 Ether Cores, 6 Grand Potions, 5 Remedies, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, 5 Meads, Smelling Salt, Soma, Tiger Balm (Grants immunity to all effects for one battle), 3 Deadly Venoms, Fire Bomb, Floral Bomb, Air Bomb, Aeolus Bomb (100 wind-elemental damage to all enemies), Bedroll, 2 Pumpkin Bombs

photo-thumb-28776.jpg?_r=1355571591

Dreyrugr (Vash the Stampede)

Level 19.5 Black Knight *Immune to Stunned, Water, Wind, and Fire*

Power Bonus: 0

Defense: 12

Health: 38/38

Gold: 152

Equipment: Sharkjaw Scythe (WP:15, WP x2 against Aquatic type enemies, Darkness,Ice), Gloves of the Undead Assassin (For every enemy the wearer kills, it gains 5 HP, Immunity to Water, Usable by anyone, Handgear), Dragonbrand Shield (SP: 8, immune to wind and fire, shield), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect)

Inventory: Venom x6, Bedroll, Remedy, Smelling Salts, Mead x2, Net (if used in combat, 1/3 chance to slow enemy, 1/3 chance to be useless, 1/3 chance slow self, lasts 3 rounds, retrievable), Nostrum x2, Throwing Dagger (WP:3), Fauxthril Scythe (WP:5), 4 Bones, Bow (WP: 4), Grand Potion x2, Phoenix Essence x2, Soma, Mulled Wine, Crow-Claw Dagger (WP: 6, 50/50 chance to stun enemy on successful attack), Shuriken (WP:5, Wind), Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP: 1, backwear, suitable for anyone), Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), Pseudos Hood (can damage undead with normal attacks), Hunter's Plate (SP: 4, wearer gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed, suitable for rogues, rangers, barbarians, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators, and winged warriors), Deadly Venom, Scroll of Ice Armour

nagure_berserker.jpg

Nagure (Costy)

Level 21.33 Berserker *Natural Respite* *Trap Evasion* *Immune to Ice,Fire, Earth,Petrified, Fragile, Blinded, Confused and Asleep* *Counterstrike*

Defense: 25

Health: 43/43

Gold: 5

GP: 4

Equipment: Xiaolin's Bident (WP:16; instantly kills Aoi; ice- and lightning-elemental spear), Yeti Fur Coat (SP:12, immunity to Ice, Fire, FragileBlinded, Confused and Asleep; suitable for yetis only, bodywear), Counterstrike Gloves; handwear), White Dragon's Greaves (SP:3, avoid traps on the ground, immunity to earth and petrified; suitable to knights, dragoons, skirmishers and winged warriors; footwear), Shield (SP:10)

Inventory: Stone Hammer (WP: 15, Earth & Darkness-elemental, hammer), Tiger Slayer (WP:10/20 against enemies with “tiger” in their name; spear), Axe of the Croise (WP: 10, Light-elemental axe),Helmet (SP:1), Potion x2, Grand Potion x8, Remedy x4, Elixir, Phoenix Essences x2, Mead x2, Deadly Venom x2, Smoke Bomb x5, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Pickaxe, Lightning Bomb x2, Smelling Salts, Venom, Phoenix Incense x2, Teleportapple, Scroll of Weakening

9526423509_a47eccbb56_o.png

Purpearl Berthadhiell (Purpearljellyblob)

Level 3 Mage

Health: 7/7

Ether: 7/7

Gold: 0

Equipment: Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3)

Inventory: Bedroll, Potion, Tonic, Party Bomb (x2) (20 damage to all enemies, 1/3 chance to stun every enemy), Ruby (Fire), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness)

Screen_Shot_2013_11_19_at_7_33_22_PM.png

Baradok Segul Cannari(Cryos)

Level 4 Barbarian

Defense: 2

Health: 10/10

Gold: 250

Equipment: Calcified Club (WP: 5, Earth-Elemental) Light Armor (SP:2)

Inventory: Potion x3, Remedy, Phenoix Essence, Deadly Venom, Blind Fury (Causes enemy to become Blinded and Enraged), Smelling Salts, Starter Halberd (WP:3), Doppel Vial

10913595963_3c6ce2dfd9_o.png

Matthias (nstickney)

Level 1 Ranger

Defense: 0

Health: 6/6

Gold: 0

Equipment: Tinker's Crossbow (WP: 3)

Inventory: Potion x2, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

QM Note: Welcome aboard everyone. For those of you relatively new, please check and ensure that all of your stats are correct. Once we've got everyone confirmed we'll move things along. In the meantime feel free to role-play/interact with anyone or anything you see in the photos or may not see. As always if you really want to do something specific, please ensure you bold your actions as it will make it much easier for me to spot. Good luck. :classic:

OOC: Stats all good, thanks! :classic:

Purpearl reaches the docks, looks around and realises that she might have followed the scarecrow too closely. She looks at the scarecrow and smiles.

"Greetings, Purpearl Berthadhiell, Elven Mage, at your service."

"How shall I address you?"

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

"Oh great, another voyage." Dreyrugr held onto his gloves slightly tighter than earlier. This aquamarine better work.

"I'm Dreyrugr, and if anyone wants to borrow my hunter's plate you can on the condition you give me a portion of the gold you earn."

Baradock crossed his arms, spreading his legs. His face visibly miffed by something that happened earlier.

"Baradock." He announced, to no-one in particular. Ignoring the vampire's offer He strode towards Scrinshaw, his leg brushing against a mini-man he just realized was there.

"How many moons until we reach these, 'High Kin--Kingdoms? " He enquired, half questioning the scarecrow half questioning his pronunciation of kingdom. But the small sentence shed light on Baradock's thick accent, brimming with elongated vowels and a recursive flow.

OoC: Stats are A-OK Cap'n. :pir-grin: Except for the formatting error on Baradock's name. Also, you didn't put the name of the quest in the title.

Edited by Cryos

"Nice to meet you, Scrinshaw."

"So I assume you work for Borris? Anything you would like us to know before setting off?"

Purpearl turns to Dreyrugr and Baradock.

"Hi there, I don't believe we've met before. I am Purpearl Berthadhiell."

"Hi there, I don't believe we've met before. I am Purpearl Berthadhiell."

Baradock shot the elf an odd look, for such a big set of ears she sure doesn't use them...

Remembering Benji's backwards speak he attempted to follow suit, "Cannari. Baradock Cannari." Though it was said bluntly, void of any hope to branch off into conversation.

He averted his gaze back to Scrinshaw, awaiting some kind of debriefing.

He averted his gaze back to Scrinshaw, awaiting some kind of debriefing.

"If you're waiting for him to explain sit down and take a rest, I don't think he'll start until the rest of the group has caught up and found their breath."

Taking his own advice Dreyrugr sat down leaning against a wall.

Edited by Vash the Stampede

The scarecrow blinked at Baradok, or at least the equivalent for a being with buttons for eyes.

"Eh? Oh, the High Kingdoms. Um, should take but a week or so, depending if my fellow can secure you passage on one of the faster vessels."

The scarecrow looked over his shoulder at one of the other docks presumably looking for his fellow employee before turning back to Purpearl.

"Ah, I wouldn't say I so much work for Borris. Erm, I'm his booking agent here on the Free Islands. Uh, not quite sure about the troupe's touring schedules in the High Kingdoms, but you should be meeting them in the small village of Nerstew, a bit north of Duplovia.

Cinna looks over the group gathered at the docks. She hadn't counted on being the party leader again and tried not to look nervous in front of these new recruits. Unsure if she is sad or relieved at not knowing any of her current teammates, she feels a bit of panic setting in deep in her belly but burries it where it can't hurt anyone. She checks her pack to make sure all her items are in order before approaching the group. Working up a smile, she greets them all.

"Hello, I don't beleive I've met any of you before. I'm Cinna."

Out of breath and fumbling his newly purchased bedroll, Matthias finally glimpses the rest of the party down at the docks. He runs to meet them.

"Hello again, everyone. Sorry I'm late."

"Hello, I don't believe I've met any of you before. I'm Cinna."

"I'm Matthias, from Eastgate in Drandora. Definitely pretty new to this questing thing." The tiny ranger looks around at his more experienced companions. "If anyone has some extra-small armor or other gear lying around I'd very much like to borrow it. I was a barber once," the gnome winces slightly and swallows, "and I could trade haircuts for a gear lease if anyone is interested."

Edited by nstickney

"Someone has bad memory." Dreyrugr muttered under his breath most likely to be missed by all.

"If anyone has some extra-small armor or other gear lying around I'd very much like to borrow it. I was a barber once," the gnome winces slightly and swallows, "and I could trade haircuts for a gear lease if anyone is interested."

"You can borrow my hunter's plate, but I don't want a haircut. I'll be happy with 1 gold for every 10 you make off this armour."

"You can borrow my hunter's plate, but I don't want a haircut. I'll be happy with 1 gold for every 10 you make off this armour."

"Sounds great!"

"...I hate cutting hair anyway," Matthias muttered.

Matthias gratefully puts on Dreyrugr's Hunter's Plate.

Hunter's Plate (SP: 4, wearer gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed, suitable for rogues, rangers, barbarians, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators, and winged warriors)

Defense: 4 (0 + 4 + 0)

Equipment: Tinker's Crossbow (WP: 3), Hunter's Plate (borrowed from Dreyrugr)

Edited by nstickney

"Nagure the Yeti, I don't believe I've met any of you before. One of you mages can borrow this Scroll if you want."

"Ah, here he is. You all finish up your swapping and I'll see how my man is coming along with your passage. He should have been back from the Magpie by now..."

The scarecrow departs for a moment to seek out his fellow businessman.

Baradock, not feeling the need to reiterate his name just does a hand gesture of acknowledgement.

"Hello again, everyone. Sorry I'm late."

-snip-

"and I could trade haircuts for a gear lease if anyone is interested."

He just noticed yet another mini-man come along, this one toted a crossbow two shoulders too big. Maybe this mini-man can grow hair. He thought, subconsciously rubbing his bare head. Seeing the scarecrow depart Baradock parked on the waist high wall. Whistling an intricate, foreign tune.

Edited by Cryos

"Nagure the Yeti..."

The tiny gnome looks up at Nagure with awe and exclaims, in a very small voice, "You're humongous!"

Realizing he's just made it awkward, Matthias turns purple under the hood of his cloak and goes back to self-consciously trying to squish his bedroll down into a more manageable package.

Edited by nstickney

The tiny gnome looks up at Nagure with awe and exclaims, in a very small voice, "You're humongous!"

The gnome's outburst reminded him of something, "Mini-Man." Baradock directed at the gnome, his accent broadening. "How are you to topple the enemies if all you can see is their kneecaps. It may end their adventuring days, yes?" He thrust his hand into his satchel, emerging with a Deadly Venom. "Uh--this make you more--" He shook the liquids around in the vial, buying time to find the word he was looking for... "Lethal?"

Edited by Cryos

"I'm Matthias, from Eastgate in Drandora.

"Nagure the Yeti, I don't believe I've met any of you before..."

"Hello, Purpearl Berthadhiell, at your service." the elf nods in acknowledgement.

"...One of you mages can borrow this Scroll if you want."

Purpearl approaches Nagure and stands under the shadow of the yeti. Calm and in control, Purpearl clears her throat, and points to the scroll.

"You carry something. I do not deny my heart greatly desire this. If it accompanies me for the duration of this quest."

The gnome's outburst reminded him of something, "Mini-Man." Baradock directed at the gnome, his accent broadening. "How are you to topple the enemies if all you can see is their kneecaps. It may end their adventuring days, yes?" He thrust his hand into his satchel, emerging with a Deadly Venom. "Uh--this make you more--" He shook the liquids around in the vial, buying time to find the word he was looking for... "Lethal?"

The gnome tilts his head back to look Baradock in the eye, unsure of the larger man's intent. "Thank you, but there's no way I can afford that." He shows a wry smile. "Perhaps I can buy it later, since I have no gold now."

Edited by nstickney

The gnome tilts his head back to look Baradock in the eye, unsure of the larger man's intent. "Thank you, but there's no way I can afford that." He shows a wry smile. "Perhaps I can buy it later, since I have no gold now."

"It is free, Mini-Man." He paused, "Like gift." He stirred the liquid once more. As if to confirm the mini-man did or didn't want it.

"It is free, Mini-Man." He paused, "Like gift."

"Wow! Thanks!" Matthias eagerly accepts the vial of Deadly Venom and tucks it into his pouch.

Inventory: Potion x2, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Deadly Venom

Edited by nstickney

Purpearl approaches Nagure and stands under the shadow of the yeti. Calm and in control, Purpearl clears her throat, and points to the scroll.

"You carry something. I do not deny my heart greatly desire this. If it accompanies me for the duration of this quest."

"May it serve you well, " Nagure says as he hands the Elf his Scroll of Weakening.