WideWiiLover

City Advent Calendar 2013

I'm Back!!

After forgetting to finish last years advent calendar after Day 18 or something like that, I came back! This year I will try my best to be punctual and get everyday in there!

.... I hope ....

Anyway, let's get started:

Day 1:

Tb0zF4l.jpg?1

We have a police officer with his standard cup of joe. Baseball hat inclueded.

Spares (Not pictured):

Extra Black Hat

Extra Red mug

Oh, and i forgot to include a picture of the instruction sheet that just wanted to tell me about choking hazards and winning!

Day 2:

While my hometown is struck by a horrid biizzard, I get to cozy up to my real fire along with my new.....

K8eKbR5.jpg?1

....Lego Fireplace

Nice little build this. I enjoyed it. Extras not pictured include 1 cheese slop and one fire element.

Till tommorrow....

Spares (Not pictured):

Extra Black Hat

Extra Red mug

I love spare coffee mugs. Right now, our cop is double-fisting them. We've taken to calling him "caffeine cop."

Day 3 & Day 4

*Sidenote- Had to work a closing shift, hence I didn't get the opportunity to upload Day 3 so i'm just bundling it with Day 4! XD

Day 3: Spotty Dog and Bone

Here you go:

57ghosm.jpg?1

We got two bones, even though the door pic called for one. Either way i think the bowl looks better with two.

Day 4: Snowman

Here he is:

Ivnuo9E.jpg?1

So far this is my favorite build yet. Simple yet effective. I do think that the carrot looks like the snowman is going to beat up some poor little kidfig....

Oh, and pictured are the spares, two extra red scarves and one extra batton carrot

Day 5 and Day 6

And here I thought I was going to be punctual with this....Stupid opening shifts at work...grumble grumble

ANYWAY...

BEEyMTB.jpg?1

Day 5 on the left. Came with an extra set of cuffs....

Day 6 on the right. Got more mugs....and more scarves...must have had excess at TLG...

Can somebody tell me what the hook is for on the barrel? I've got a spare scarf hanging on it right now, but it's not the best fit, and anyway I don't think that's what it's for.

I'm posting pics on Pinterest every day. Descriptions are in Dutch, but the pictures speak for themselves. It also gives a sneak peek of my Winter Village which I'll post on EB on Christmas...

Edited by JasperL

Day 5 on the left. Came with an extra set of cuffs....

This weekend I reached the point at which I am now able to cuff the entire population of my city. Man, they hand these out like crazy...

Today's build (day 9) will certainly not be seen as excessive. We get a 4 piece bench. Overall, I really like the calendar. I just think today is the weakest link. So who actually checked the day 9 slot again just to be sure there was nothing more?

Anyway, hang in there folks. It gets better.

I haven't seen an update in awhile, so here's where we're at today:

AdventCalendar_zpscc096637.jpg

Today's build was a lady firefighter (my daughter says she's the mom of the upcoming kid) with a spray bottle and a hot dog. I guess it's left to our imagination whether the bottle is a fire extinguisher or a mustard jar! Or you can have both--today's spare parts included TWO extra hot dogs, two wrenches, two dispensers, an extra fire hat, and an extra 1 x 1 yellow round brick. In other words, you can make two mustardinguishers. Say what you will about this calendar, it's been a great source for spare parts so far.

Edited by ResIpsaLoquitur

Looking in my spare parts bag and elsewhere, we have:

- 1 carrot (no stem)

- 2 mugs

- 4 scarves

- 2 wrenches

- 2 yellow nozzles

- 1 1x1 cylinder brick

- 1 brown cheese slope

- 4 scarves

- 1 black cap

- 1 wool cap

- 1 flame

- 2 wieners

More to come tomorrow--I am expecting an extra flame, wiener, a 1x1 tile, and a 1x1 round plate.

No comments on this lately? Tomorrow's the last day! Here's where the Calendar is at on Day 23:

DSC05451_zps49fd0134.jpg

I love the selection of minifigures. My town leans towards the orange firefighters and black and white cops from 2011-2012, but these folks are a welcome addition. The kid is great. We're not big on racing here, but the little racer with the go-kart makes me want to get the larger Octan car that's just been released. Best of all...

DSC05450_zps19640229.jpg

Check out all these spares! This calendar has been a treasure trove for spares, especially food and mugs. I forgot to include the spare scarves--they're mostly on the various minifigures, who shouldn't be underdressed in the cold. The carrot stem is not included--it comes from the Thanksgiving Feast polybag. Spare stem + spare carrot = awesome.

I'm not sure if this is the best City Advent Calendar ever, but it's pretty good, particularly if you need spares.

My girlfriend secretly arranged it so that this arrived a good week ago. She's just lovely. And this calender is too, especially partswise.

This is the first lego advent calender that I have had and i think it is fantastic! Almost all the models in it have been allocated suitable further use - the toys/presents/Christmas tree will end up added to the top floor of the Grand Emporium, the fireplace and tableware will be added to the 'homeware' second floor, Firewoman will be added to the Fire Brigade. I like the way you have even got the Robot/digger toasting a sausage on the Barbie!

Someone thought it was odd having a barbeque on a Christmas advent calender, maybe out of season perhaps. My somewhat perceptive daughter reminded me that it's Christmas in Austrailia too, where this calender may be sold also, where of course barbeques at Christmas are somewhat more usual!

This was a really good advent calendar. My older son did the Star Wars one while my younger son and I each had one of these. The variety of themes was really good. You had a police guy, a firefighter, robber, snowman, astronaut, race car driver, boy, and Santa. The Santa seems like a nice improvement over previous versions of him in the calendar. A lot of the builds were quite imaginative such as the train, grill, and the fireplace. The spares were also nice. There were a couple of weak days (yes day 9 bench, I am looking at you), but overall this will likely motivate us to purchase these again next year.

I too will be keeping several of the builds intact. Fire Brigade gets the firefighter, the grill, and the dalmation. Grand Emporium could see the remote control toys. The Christmas tree and gifts will fit in nicely to the Pet Shop. The table setting might be added to Bag End to seat more dwarves. Of course, the minifigures will be incorporated into the town setting. Overall, a nice advent calendar, and our first year of doing this!