Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest#88: Fathers and Sons

11141877315_15a0e59c40_o.jpg

Five heroes make their way down to the docks. They are...

The Party

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword The Krakenwhacker and Titan Smiter (UsernameMDM)
*Party Leader*

Level 29 Mystic Knight
*Immune Fragile, Weakened*

Power Bonus:

Defense
: 29

Health
: 48/48

Ether
: 29/29

Gold
: 528

Equipment
:
Flagpole (WP:3, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, lance)
, Steel Buckler (SP: 20),
Samurai Helmet (WP:4, suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors)
, Pugilist Gloves (+2 to power, immune Weakened), Heavy Armor (SP:5, immune Fragile)

Inventory
:
Vintul (WP: 16; greatsword)
Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1)
, Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, causes the Bleeding effect; spear),
Chains of the Pongcanis Chief (Hero Pierces SP if fighting from Front, Enemies ignore SP if hero fights from the back row, cannot be removed in battle),
Medal of Glory (Artefact/Accessory - Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles),
Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory),
Cultist Hat (damage vs undead),
Counterstrike Gloves,
Opal (
Ice
), Ruby (
Fire
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Emerald (
Wood
), Aquamarine (
Water
), 2x Amethyst (
Darkness
), Diamond (
Light
), Topaz (
Lightning
),
Garnet (
Earth
)
Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep,
4x Potions, 4x Grand Potions, Remedy, 3x Phoenix Essences, Phoenix Incense, Mead, 4x Ether Core, Dragon Scale
(
Grants lucky- and blessed-effects when consumed)
, Grating Stone, Zoot's Plaything (Special 3/4 Edition), Water Bomb, Dirt Bomb, 2x Smoke Bomb, 3x Venom, 3x Deadly Venom, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Kraken Fang (grants hastened- and reinforced-effects when consumed),
2x
Titan Heart
(
Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), Level Up Mushroom, Pumpkin Bomb

9173297646_e66d93ed81_o.jpg

Benji Carvenhall
, the Dragonslayer

Level 35 Beastwarrior
*Natural Respite*
*Gains Triple XP*
*Immune to
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
, and
Weakened
Effects

Power:
(35+16)

Defense:
(3+6)

Health:
61/61
(6+34+15+6)

Gold:
(owes 500 to Alexis Fenral)

Equipment:
Meduiak (Precision Bow; WP:16; AIM's become HIT's;
darkness-
ice-
fire-
wind
-
elemental
)
Medal of Glory
(accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to
asleep, blinded, confused, fragile, and weakened effects)
, Tricorne (headwear, SP:3), Overkill Gloves
[borrowed from Galen]
(handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy)
, Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian Oriented Classes and Beast Warriors)

Inventory:
Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:15;
earth-,
wood-,
water-
lightning-,
light-
elemental),
Kusarigama (WP:10, whip),
Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors),
Ratmancer's Cowl
(headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin),
Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (artefact, accessory),
Health Core (8),
Grand Potion (14),
Potion (2),
Remedy (6), Phoenix Essence (5),
Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3),
Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (3), Mead (5), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3),
Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb 2x, Water Bomb, Bone,
Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel

gallery_4757_182_2350.jpg

Tesni Hightribe
, Level 32 2/4 Beserker *Restoration* *Immune to Afraid*

Power
: 59

Power Bonus
: 0

Defense
: 14

Health
: 51/51

Gold
: 1426

Equipment
: Fàelàn (WP:20, 8x damage to enemies weak to fire, fire-elemental longsword)),Sir Roderick’s Shield (SP:11, Immunity to afraid), Bone Claws (WP:3, SP:2; handwear), Dragon Bone Armor (SP:4, Max. Health +2; bodywear), Barbarian's Boots (Changes “Natural Respite” job trait into “Restoration”, restoring full health after every battle; suitable for barbarians, chi monks and beast warriors).

Inventory
: Mellt (WP:10, ice- and lightning-elemental; hammer), Qilin Blade (WP:15, damages undead, ignores row and SP; longsword), Cysgodion (WP:14, darkness-elemental; greatsword), Dryw ar Zoot (WP:14, light-elemental; longsword), Cryfder (WP:6),Party Maracas (WP:4, user is hastened, instrument), Rebel's Dagger (WP: 5), 2 Shackles of War (prevents all fleeing, accessory), Red Dragon Plume (artifact, accessory, immunity to Weakened and Fire, suitable to Barbarians, Knights, Skirmishers, Winged Warriors), King's Crown (Headwear, protects against Doom and Petrified, Suitable for all classes), Scroll of Sleep, Remedy, Tiger Balm, Elixir, 2 Phoenix Essences, 5 Venoms, 2 Deadly Venoms, 2 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Soma, Deadly Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bright Polish, Aquamarine Lamp of Summoning, Mod Rod (WP:10, causes the afraid-effect; lightning-elemental staff suitable for staff members only)

ava-nerwen.jpg

-
8446391115_66a502300b_t.jpg
Nerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight)

Level 23.33 Shaman
*Immune to Sealed*
*Immunity to water*
*Restoration*

Power bonus:

Defense:
(3(Robe of the Archmage)

Health:
(Base Cleric 9 +Level bonus 22 +Shaman Bonus 9 +3(White Cloak))

Ether:
(Base Cleric 5 +Level bonus 22 +Shaman Bonus 1 +5(Robe of the Archmage))

Gold:

Equipment:
Magical Staff (WP: 15;
Water
Darkness
-elemental; staff), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3; Max Ether +5; Immune to
Sealed
; bodywear), Barbarian’s Boots (Restoration; footwear)

Inventory:
Mourning Star (WP: 10;
Fire
-elemental; inflicts
Fragile
-effect; mace), Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle), Bent Crowbar (WP: 8; 3x damage to Mechanic enemies; hammer), Axe of the Minotaur Champion (WP: 30; user is
Slowed
and
Immune to Hastened
; cannot be equipped at the same time as a shield; axe)

White Cloak (Max HP +3; backwear), Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; Immune to
Water
; accessory)

Opal
Topaz
Diamond
Garnet
Sapphire
Emerald

Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragile, Scroll of Confusion

Grand Tonics (3), Potions (3), Elixirs (3), Remedies (5), Potion, Phoenix Essences (3), Phoenix Incense, Tiger Balm, Neutralizers (2), Essence of Sorrow (50% assassination chance on non-immune target), Venom, Fire Bombs (2), Ice Bombs (2), Lightning Bombs (2), Water Bombs (2), Dirt Bombs (2), Air Bombs (2), Bone, Milk (restores 15 HP and 15 Ether), Carrot (restores 5 HP, 10 to rabbits), Bright Polish, Double Rainbow, Dragon Scales (2), Mead

Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

ava-jess.jpg

Jess Islanti (Sisco)

Level 19 Assassin
*Immune to Weakened Effect*

Power
: 37 (+4)
(19+14+2+2)

Health
: 31/31(+1)
(7+18+5+1)

Gold
: 176

Equipment
: Blohdhurm (WP: 14)(Fire elemental, Permanently Poisoned), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 to Power, immune to the Weakened Effect)

Inventory
: Mercutio's Dagger of Mugging (WP:5, Mug Ability +5), Diamond of Thoric, 2 Venoms, Mead, Smelling Salts, Remedy, 4 Grand Potions

They find a horrifying little creature waiting for them, waving.

62eabbad-5c9f-4f5b-9bc4-4da18dad7f45_zpsfd39590b.jpg

11157845374_5dfcf7b614_t.jpg

"Heroes of Heroica, I assume? My name is Gocklo. I'm a professional witch hunter, and also you're contact." The little creature bobbles forward. "Heweyrt hired you, yes? He and I are friends, go way back. I was swinging round Eubric to tie up some loose ends for a different friend and Heweyrt asked me if I wouldn't greet you all and make sure you got to him okay. I'll be coming with you to Baltarok, too, so it's nice for us to meet beforehand, of course! Seems things are getting a little tense up there. So, are we all here? Got any questions for me? Probably. I've got us a ship, but there's time to kill before it heads out."

OoC: Check stats, happy to have y'all along. Should be fun! Oh, and like the Dastan Trilogy - though we of course have no way to enforce it, you will probably enjoy these quests more if you show discipline and don't read the other two.

Edited by Zepher

Jess just sold the Sword of the Vampir in the hall for 170 gold before leaving, so her gold is up to 176 and she shouldn't have the sword in her inventory.

Jess jumped as the little creature appeared, then regained her composure and spoke.

"Hello... Gocklo? Is that correct? Nice to meet you. If you don't mind me asking... What exactly are you? I understand the witch hunter bit, but what species are you?"

Tesni fetched up at the docks, this time it was not after scurrying through sewers and they did not need to hide in the cargo. "Hail small goblin? And Jess! Your fellow chose well Gocklo, Jess and I are the scourge of Haddon!" The berserker halted with a metallic clunk from her armarments. "Who else are we to expect?"

Nerwen steps onto the dock to hear a barbarian woman ask,

"Who else are we to expect?"

Greetings. I am Nerwen Calmcacil, I do not believe we have met.

I understand Benji Carvenhall and a knight named Hoke Ablesword are to join us. I expect they will be along soon.

Sorry Zeph, big stats update, quick turn around between #77 and #88

Purchased garnet, opal, topaz, scrolls of confusion and fragile, tiger balm and two neutralisers. Traded raw meat for Grogmas hand cannon and returned spider leg spear to Arthur.

I did make sure to update my block in the stats topic, so you should be able to just cut/copy that.

Edit: I'm party leader again?!? I guess that says good things about my playing...

OoC: I'm sorry, I copy and pasted from 77 because I knew your stats were outdated, but Hoke is actually meant to be party leader. All stats should be fixed for you two.

"I'm a kobold! We're funny little fellows, I know it. There's a few of us floating around, and if you live long enough you'll find one of us. We generally go pretty unnoticed because of the whole size thing, you know?" Gocklo smiles and shows off his pointy teeth. "But we're fierce. Not to be trifled with. So don't trifle." The little creature flashes another grin to show he's teasing.

"I've never been to Haddon, but we're going even further north than that. Though I'm sure that the village would be able to regal us with many tales of your heroism, Tesni!"

Edited by Zepher

no worries.mi wouldn't really have minded, but I'm quite happy not having the job.

Have just noticed I've added up my ether wrong, and the white cloak should be equipped.

Speaking to the kobold, Nerwen says

Stars shine in our meeting, Gocklo. Can you tell us what has been happening in Baltarok? I am afraid I am a bit behind in the news.

"I can sort of tell you what's happening in Baltarok, but I'm a busy little fellow so in all honesty I've only got the bits and pieces that Heweyrt sent me in a few of his letters. Essentially the situation is this: there's this bridge being built named after the last King of Ennon. The Augustus Bridge. The bridge is meant to span the High Kingdoms and Baltarok. Apparently they're looking to get past their past by stimulating trade. This big old river divides the two pretty perfectly, and so they decided that it should stop doing that, and here we are."

"That's what Heweyrt was called in for. See, Heweyrt has an interest in the new and the improved. And he's got a mind like a whip. So when he heard that the bridge was being built, he marched on up north and offered to help get her done."

"This is when things get a little idiotic and complicated. See, the bridge is being built by two kingdoms - the Red Lizard and the Four Boulders. The bridge is on Red Lizard land, but the Four Boulders are funding most of the project. But, well, you know how much people love political intrigue." The little creature rolls it's eyes. "Seems the Orcs are irked by the imposing bridge, and then they went and captured the Red Lizard's King: King Valentino Lynch. So now Prince David Lynch is in charge, and apparently he's quite a nut for Ennoc and not such a nut for Orcs."

"Add to that the fact that there are Vikings raiding the coast, and you've got quite a situation on your hands. I don't know exactly what's going on right now - Heweyrt's most recent letter was pretty short and just gave instructions to meet you and go find him. So we'll have to see what's happening now."

Benji arrives in time to hear the whole story. He keeps quiet until the kobold is done. He greets the three women. "Hello there Nerwen and Tesni. And I do not know you" Benji says, looking at Jess "But my name is Carvenhall. Benji Carvenhall. Nice to meet you."

"This situation sounds quite exciting, as soon as our grand party leader arrives we can be off!"

"Yes, he's not making the best first impression. Or perhaps he's waiting for a grand entrance. Some people have such a flair for dramatics!"

Stats updated after a visit to the Marketplace:

hoke_ableword_1b.jpgHoke Ablesword The Krakenwhacker and Titan Smiter (UsernameMDM)

Mystic Knight

Level 29 *Immune Fragile, Weakened, Confused, Sealed, Dark*

Power Bonus: 8 (+2 Grand Zoot's Cookie, +2 Pugilist Gloves, +4 Samurai Helmet)

Defense: 28

Health: 48/48 (+2 Chicken Drumsticks)

Ether: 29/29

Gold: 278

Equipment: Flagpole (WP:3, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, lance), Steel Buckler (SP: 20), Samurai Helmet (WP:4, suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors), Pugilist Gloves (+2 to power, immune Weakened), Heavy Armor (SP:5, immune Fragile)

Inventory: Vintul (WP: 16; greatsword), Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1), Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, causes the Bleeding effect; spear), Chains of the Pongcanis Chief (Hero Pierces SP if fighting from Front, Enemies ignore SP if hero fights from the back row, cannot be removed in battle), Medal of Glory (Artefact/Accessory - Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles), Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory), Cultist Hat (damage vs undead), Counterstrike Gloves, Opal (Ice), Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Amethyst (Darkness), Diamond (Light), Topaz (Lightning), Garnet (Earth), Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, 4x Potions, 4x Grand Potions, Remedy, 3x Phoenix Essences, Phoenix Incense, Mead, 4x Ether Core, Dragon Scale (Grants lucky- and blessed-effects when consumed), Grating Stone, Zoot's Plaything (Special 3/4 Edition), Water Bomb, Dirt Bomb, 2x Smoke Bomb, 3x Venom, 3x Deadly Venom, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Kraken Fang (grants hastened- and reinforced-effects when consumed), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), Level Up Mushroom, Pumpkin Bomb

Hoke arrives and quietly greets his fellows. He listens to the kobold's tale. and after a short pause, he addresses the talebearer.

"How do the Orcs play into this other than their recent activities. What stakes do they have that are tied to the kingdoms and the bridge?"

"Ah, here he is in all of his glory. Hoke Abelsword, right?" The Kobold smiles at the tardy party leader. "Good to see you! The Orcs... are none to happy about it, from what I can tell. Seems they're having trouble forgetting that time that they and the High Kingdoms decimated each other. That's the problem with them. The High Kingdoms rebuilt, and they're still fighting and kicking... but the Orcs have had a rougher time of things since the War. Apparently some of them view the bridge as a threat. I don't know much about that side of the river, though, and Heweyrt doesn't pay them much mind."

The Kobold looks at the sky. The sun has only barely moved since the heroes arrived, but enough that the kobold can tell that it's time, apparently.

"Ah, Eubric, the ever changing city. It was good to be here again, if ever so briefly. You know, there's a tale about the last King of Ennon, Augustus, stopping here. Do you heroes know it?"

---

"Augustus sailed north when the Orcs began their rampaging, hoping to assist the Kingdoms up there. But he grew depressed as news of the war continuously reached his ship. The High Kingdoms and Orcs both seemed to be the monsters. Eventually, he fell into a depression. Apparently he couldn't tell if there was anything worth fighting for, worth saving. He didn't know if there was a future for mortals on Olegia."

"Some storms hit and knocked him off his path, and eventually he found himself near Eubric. He decided to set down, restock, and then be on his way. He was greeted by the Bonaparte and Hinckwells of that era. They were building a new port, near what is now Crescent Hill. Augustus met them and saw the city. He saw the hope in the people's eyes, and saw the awe of enterprise. He felt good. He felt refreshed. He saw that there was something worth saving, and he knew that he was the one to do it."

184fa4a3-432a-404d-8c8d-ca21bf93a218_zps807117b3.jpg

---

"But, that's the past, and this is now," says the little creature. "Best go find our ship. The Captain was very specific with me. She said she was going up north anyway, and she'd leave whether or not we made it on board. So, best be off!"

"Sailing in the sea is a lot more palatable than sailing in the sky." Tesni said as they followed the kobold. "So, Orcs, Ennon botherers, vikings and kidnapping.... Well, I can't wait to introduce them to Cysgodion!"

"Ah, the lady gets it - a big old mess is what it simmers down to, and we'll have to clean it up. You'll use my blade, and I'll use mine." Suddenly the sun glints off a razor sharp blade, held loosely in the kobold's hand. He smiles fiercely and then, quick as it appears, he stows it away again... somewhere.

Edited by Zepher

Rowing to shore, Nerwen spoke quietly to Hoke.

I am not apologizing on behalf of Guts, we both know he is a stubborn, proud and prickly man. He knows the end of his time is coming. That is, I think, the one thing he fears.

I tell you this not to gather sympathy for him but to reassure you. It was not personal. Your division was fair and the points you made regarding who killed what were accurate. You will lead well. Have confidence. You have my support, skill and wisdom at your call. You need only ask.

"Your kind words rest well upon me Lady Nerwen. As I tried to explain, I have no animosity towards the man, but it seems that strife was all he wanted. Thank you for your words and confidence my lady."

Tesni stretched out as she walked the dock, it was always good to advertise to the cutpurses and pickpockets that she had the goods to back up a chase. "Well, that was a tense little trip wasn't it?"

The row boat drifts ashore...

e22a3ae2-a848-4267-be7a-0f57cd252023_zps40679707.jpg

OoC: I sadly due to some stupidity on my own part, have been separated from my SD card until Saturday. I have all the pictures I need... save for some of the little icon's for some of the characters. So, bear with me.

The man in the cape and scarf walks to greet the heroes as they step one by one off the small rowboat. The last member off is Gocklo, who shakes hands with the grinning stranger.

"Heroes, this man is Heweyrt. He's one of my friends and also one of my friends." The kobold glances over the party and hesitates only for a second before leaning over to his friend and whispering too loudly: "They're an acceptable enough batch. No shining stars, but they'll at least be able to fight. Not as well as me, of course." He then grins again at the group. The man laughs and keep grinning his wide smile. His teeth are perfect, immaculate.

11428110054_16e5015af8_t.jpg

"It's a pleasure to meet you, heroes! I am Heweyrt. I'm an ambassador, sort of. Perhaps political advisor would be a more correct term, as I don't really represent anyone but my own ideals." He smiles. "I'm actually rather like you in a different regard. I've never been much of a fighter, so I travel around and make changes by giving people in high places good advice. You affect change with brawn and skill, I with my brain." He clears his throat. A chilling wind whips by. The armored man behind him steps forward.

a3501f92-2af4-44f7-b269-8eac02552cbe_zps9489be9c.jpg

"General Hamilton of the Red Lizard Kingdom. I'm in charge of the envoy that will be taking you back to Carn, our capitol."

"Ah, yes, these are some lovely troops of the Red Lizard Kingdom. They've come to greet you, though this isn't actually their land. The coast belongs to the Kingdom of the Four Boulders Kingdom. Here's a map."

10704986715_d9e18d948f_z.jpg

a3501f92-2af4-44f7-b269-8eac02552cbe_zps9489be9c.jpg

"Sir, we have a lot of traveling to do. Perhaps you and the heroes can talk on horseback?"

"Of course. I take it you can all ride?"

The heroes saddle up and begin to trek across the snow covered rocky terrain.

"So, I take it Gocklo briefed you as best as he could, but I'm sure he didn't know everything I do. I have been up here for the last year or so trying to get this bridge project off the ground. It would be a wonderful way to stimulate trade and understanding between the Orcs and High Kingdoms. Bury the nasty wounds of the war for good. Of course, the Orcs are agitated about it, but when are they not." Heweyrt shrugs, but his smile never leaves his face. "Change is hard."

"It's what's transpiring on this side of the bridge that actually has been worrying me, however. There's a whole mess of political problems. One of the more powerful and vicious Orc clans captured King Valentino of the Red Lizard Kingdom a few months back. They refuse to exchange him for anything - it seems a new leader has taken over there since their leader was captured by the Fire Nords. Anyway, she's acting all tough because she's new, so she's not listening to reason."

"Meanwhile, Prince David has taken over the Red Lizard Kingdom. He's a nice enough boy, but he's devote to Ennoc." Heweyrt scoffs. "Harmless alone, but he's gotten himself a Paladin Warrior Priest as an advisor, from your island, actually. As you may or may not know, Paladins and Orcs don't get along too well. I'm worried that the Warrior Priest may attempt to sway the boy towards invasion."

Heweyrt licks his lips. "There's even more, however. The Fire Nords are in Carn as well, negotiating to be 'protectors of the bridge'. It's really just a silly title and they're just trying to make back some of the gold they'll be losing. The bridge will make a lot of ship travel unnecessary and the Fire Nords will have fewer people to pillage. The title might be worth it, however, if King Speros of Four Boulders can add a clause to the negotiation that will prevent the Fire Nords from raiding their coasts. He's staying in Carn to oversee the construction of the bridge. He's poured enough gold into the process that it's understandable, but he's housing the Fire Nords there during their talks, and the people are scared and angry. It puts Prince David in a poor position."

Heweyrt turns to look at the heroes. "Political turmoil, am I right? Understand why I might want some extra swords around that I have control over?"

OoC: Lots, I know. Ask all the questions you need!

:thumbup:

Edited by Zepher

Hoke listened to what the 'ambassador' had to say. Something sounded off to him, but he stilled the feeling pressed for more information.

"It may have been addressed before, but you must forgive me for asking, but what exactly would you like us to do? This sounds like a most complex situation, and being outsiders to it all, it would be best if we had all the ins & outs of the various parties involved as to not unnecessarily step on any toes."

"We're going to the capitol now, so I think it would probably be best to leave you to your own devices to learn the ins and outs of each faction. Just in case I taint your opinion. We are going right now to meet with Prince David and his Warrior Priest, and King Speros and the Fire Nords are both in the city, so you'll get to meet with them as well. As for what I want you to do... a number of things may arise, I'm not sure quite what will happen yet. The most important thing to do, in my mind, is to prevent any conflict, particularly conflict that will stop the bridge's construction. I would like the bridge project to continue, and if that fails, than I will continue you failures. That's your system, isn't it?"

The heroes realize, also, that they're riding with some of the troops of Red Lizard, along with General Hamilton, a high ranking commander. They are, of course, free to ask them any questions as well.

Edited by Zepher

Nerwen looked at the grinning man steadily. So we are to serve as your enforcers and site guards?

Edited by Chromeknight

Hoke addresses General Hamilton and some nearby soldiers.

"Have y'all had any troubles around the bridge lately? Orcs, nords or any other sort of brigands?"

"No, actually. That's what Gocklo's for."

"I can protect Heweyrt. He's not much of a fighter, so he won't be going to too many dangerous places hehe."

"I need people I can trust to keep the primary objective in mind. I can't be everywhere at once. I want people who have good in their hearts to make tough calls while I'm not nearby. The people of this land, collectively, are moving forward. That warms my heart. Some people in the land are trying to hold it back. They are not evil or angry, they just fail to see the big picture. I'm simply trying to help the majority along without harming the minority in the process."

Edited by Zepher