Sign in to follow this  
westy 70

Focus collecting

I was wondering if theres anyone here who focus collects lego.My other hobby is collecting original starwars toys and there are a few people who focus collect a character whether it be a figure or toy that has the figure in it if there is i would focus collect the blue spaceman there must be loads of sets with him in and then collect it in foriegn packeging .Think i might start just a thought

Although I love all LEGO, I generally have focused on Classic Town back in the day, and currently City. Town is what pretty much got me started on LEGO, although I quickly became attracted to Space, then Castle, then Pirates and so on! But if I was somehow restricted to only collecting one theme, it would be City or whatever town-type theme was around. Except Town Jr.

I mainly focus on licensed themes and exclusives. Does that count? If love to enjoy more in house themes, but after kingdoms was over, they haven't had anything that interested me. But it's neat getting licensed figures that are recognizable.

I used to be focused on city and creator but then I became not that picky. Now I'm trying to focus on what i really need and cutout the excess buying. I bought a few different small things and have a few things for the start of the year to test a the waters. currently thinking about focusing on friends and filling out areas in my collection that is lacking.

City/Trains and City-like (i.e. Creator houses) sets are my main buys. I rarely stray, but have sets from other themes that with little to no modifications, would be just as at home in a city, as it would with it's own theme collection :classic:

I'm primarily into lego technic, and 'focus' collect primarily large sets. But not sure this applies as most serious Technic AFOLs do that ...

Edited by DrJB