Sign in to follow this  
andybear@hk

[MOC] Small Siheyuan in Beijing style.

Hi all,

Here bring my new work.

Chinese traditional Residental area, Small Siheyuan, Beijing style.

More information about Siheyuan

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siheyuan

A siheyuan is a historical type of residence that was commonly found throughout China, most famously in Beijing. In English, siheyuan are sometimes referred to as Chinese quadrangles. The name literally means a courtyard surrounded by four buildings.

Throughout Chinese history, the siheyuan composition was the basic pattern used for residences, palaces, temples, monasteries, family businesses and government offices. In ancient times, a spacious siheyuan would be occupied by a single, usually large and extended family, signifying wealth and prosperity. Today, many remaining siheyuan are still used as housing complexes, but many lack modern amenities.11144017256_7b8dac1b84_b.jpg11144052344_9ab1c544d9_b.jpg11144047973_fabb0ce02b_b.jpg]here is a screen wall inside the gate, for privacy; superstition holds that it also protects the house from evil spirit A pair of stone lions are often placed outside the gate. .11143919556_18353eda93_b.jpg11143890755_c7364388cc_b.jpg11144134813_a71cbecc4a_b.jpg11143938076_6f3a0a8521_b.jpg11143946886_efa1373400_b.jpg11144104043_7a344b4c69_b.jpg11144112513_2beaf3203f_b.jpg11144034054_64a4bbfce6_z.jpg11144042764_048bc1c9c2_b.jpgThanks for your watching.[/font]

I like it a lot! Nice little details especially the blossom trees.

A little racist though with all the yellow minifigures...

Edited by Cobb

A little racist though with all the yellow minifigures...

:snicker:

Fantastic MOC there, the courtyard is really well detailed as is the façade of the buildings. I love all the different colours throughout the buildings!

Great work and happy building :laugh:

This is looking really great. All the details in the small yard are awesome and you really get a feel of really being there.

The roofs look incredible with such an straight up method of plates, but your entrance is my favorite the green and blue plates above the door + the red heads used for ( lamps ? ) really makes it.

Very well done. :)

Edited by LEGO Family

AWESOME work again from you 'andybear', the exterior is delightful and that garden is beautiful. :wub:

I like the SNOT windows.

Brick On 'andybear' ! :classic:

the courtyard is really well detailed as is the façade of the buildings. I love all the different colours throughout the buildings!6.gif

I really like the roof and those red windows. The guy in the courtyard is doing Chinese Tai-Chi, but it also looks like he might be going after that dog. Run doggie! :tongue:

Seriously, this is a nice take on some traditional architecture. The pink cherry blossoms really do add that perfect bit of color, too.

This is very nice, Andy, I like it a lot! Is it possible that I saw this at the Fan Weekend in Skærbæk? I seem to recognise it.

Very nice. I see a lot of them in Chinese movies. I keep thinking a kung-fu battle is going to pop up in the court yard at the night. :laugh:

Great work! I've always wanted to build something like this. :classic: But now I'll have to pick something else to build.

That's wonderful. I love all the little details. Those fantastic cut out windows are my favorite.

Very nice work andyBbear@hk! It looks like the flat tiles around the little fountain where intentionally installed at a slight angle. It's a nice spin (no pun) on tiling :classic:

This is a really beautiful MOC. The build is elegant and has an air of simplicity, but with impeccable detailing. Much like the actual building that it is based on. The central courtyard is my favourite...though I am an architect who is a sucker for internal courtyards :)

I find this MOC very beautiful. Very peaceful, and calm, and it seems like a nice place to live. The techniques you used are superb and there are some very nice details... overall are really great MOC! :sweet::thumbup:

I remember visiting old streets of Beijing last year - that looks very realistic! I particulary adore the roof and traditional Chinese ornaments - they're amazingly recognizable for such a size!