42024 Container Truck Rating  

123 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

This set looks nice enough. Perhaps a blue cab with a red skip would've been nicer.

As has been mentioned before, the chains do need to be on the side of the skip.

I don't think that I'll be buying this one, I used to drive a skip lorry and so this brings back too many bad memories! :laugh:

I like that these sets do not come with PF, the majority of people have got plenty of PF stuff that they could use to motorise it anyway.

Oh, and great review! :thumbup:

very nice review, i like it, sure because of the new tires getting released.

also its a lot of years ago since lego made something with a gearbox.

nice thing!

Finished building this set, it's quite good! Looks a lot better in 'real life' than on pictures. The skip dumping/lowering mechanism works flawless, and the lever to switch between the two functions also works well. Lots of nice new parts included, too. Recommended.

Finished building this set, it's quite good! Looks a lot better in 'real life' than on pictures.

Agreed! Definitely looks better in real life.

Yeah, I don't mind the colour scheme at all. Makes it look lively and quite beautiful. Now to try the B model ...

Got this set misb today for 60 euro, a decent price i think. I must admit, it is a neat set, when i first saw it i did not like it at all, but now that it is built i looks very nice. The wheels are very cool and the functions are nice too. The only complain that i have is with the cab, i wished it look more like 8109 cab.

One question to the ones that built this set, i got a spare 13 stud long red beam, did any of you got that too ? The model is complete and i am sure it has all the parts in it.

I just finished building this one- got it on Monday while visiting my brother in Wien. I love it, those big tires are finally proportional to the body (unlike other Lego trucks- 8041 Race Truck excluded), and I actually think those colors look right for it- I've seen plenty of trucks with those color schemes. And think- I almost bought the 42008 Service Truck, but this one won me over...

I didn't bother with any review, having read this immaculate review by Jim\Ted. However, I did want to share with you a video of the power functions- while in the shop, I got the 8293 set, and duly installed it in the truck. the result:

I must say, I'm thinking how to incorporate the LEDs into the headlights... hmmm. :sceptic:

One question to the ones that built this set, i got a spare 13 stud long red beam, did any of you got that too ? The model is complete and i am sure it has all the parts in it.

You shouldn't, that's weird. All that was left after I finished building are few small peaces, no red beam at all. Usually Lego doesn't leave big parts as spares... but who knows.

Edited by yohai71

The spare 13L red beam is probably just a mistake in the packing. Like with 42009, some copies of the set had 2 32L axles among the leftover parts, while others only had 1.

There's hundreds of parts counted up and packed into countless boxes of the set, there's a good chance there will be a slip at some point.

Edited by Error404

Another great, detailed review! Thanks for that, I found it online and ordered it just due to your in-depth pics and the detail of the review.

Thanks for the very detailed review. I first saw this in real life on the weekend at our Brixhibition where a friend of mine had it on display. After playing around with his copy I decided to buy it just as a parts pack.

Still a very nice set and with Power Functions it works much better.

Bought ir allready last year in one local shop for good price (discount as for old set). Bought it mainly for parts. Built it just last week. I enjoyed pretty much to build it. Jim wrote, that there was nothing such interesting in build, but I someheow enjoyed building process, not less than some Class, Arocs etc.

This model is mainly made somehow functional, nots so much like display thing. Cabin is simple, there could be some more liftarms, filling empty spaces especially on sides.

Now need to disassamble and build B-model.

On 2017-5-25 at 11:31 AM, allanp said:

I don't own this set, but I was board one day and decided I'd build it in a different colour scheme. 

That looks more realistic :wink:

I have updated this review with the 360 degree viewer. Since I am Admin now, I can do some extra cool stuff :laugh:

Check out the 360 viewer at the end of the review. I can use the BWE gear racks to make a simple turn table.

24121.png