Sign in to follow this  
Kenhy

Lego North East England

Hi guys, wondering if anyone can help me. I am new to lego and apart from the new Lego Store that has opened at Gateshead, Metrocentre. Where else (NE England) is a good place to buy bricks/parts, that has a good variety to choose from. i would like to be able to go where you can go buy in person and not over the net etc.

Any hints/tips most welcome. :excited:

Thanks

Hey Teessider, cheers for the reply. Just looking for an alterantive local shop/dealer... The Lego shop in the Metrocentre opened on friday, not a great selection of single row bricks in the pick a brick wall section, plenty of doubles though with a small variety of colours. The staff reckon there will be more selections to choose from once they settle in. (Fingers crossed)

Let me know how you get on if you venture through this way. :wink:

Edited by Kenhy

Forgot to tell you mate, the store is located in the Red Mall opposite Starbucks and close to HMV. :sweet:

I don't know many small independent shops that sell lego. In newcastle fenwicks has a decent selection but overpriced. I know jl has a good selection aswell and has some modulars/exclusives even discounted at the moment which are usually decent for a parts to price ratio. I was in the metro on Friday to check the new store but didn't think too much of the pab section either. Here's hoping it improves!

Cheers for the reply Snaillad, im afraid its looking like an expensive online purchases by the looks of it. Its really multiple single row whites that im after for a project, going from 1x1 to 1x16.

I did ask the staff at Lego Metrocentre if they had any input on future brick stock orders but could'nt really get a definate answer. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I have had to put an online order in at Lego online to tied me over.

Cheers Ken